What are you backing Today? Part 2

Bell Shot 3.05L
If the first time visor is as effective around this sharp 5f as it was lto,he should lead them a merry dance - handy draw,too.
10/1 Sky.

Last edited:
In line with the thread title I'm backing the following at Cheltenham but not with a great degree of confidence. Normally I'm really fired up for what I consider the start of the Jumps season and would often go down. Don't have any strong fancies for this meeting nor for the upcoming season which is very different to normal. May be today's picks will change all that.

1.15. Dancing on my own.
2.25 Amirite
3.00 Hugo's new horse.

No harm done. Just like to say Flooring Porter looked really at home over fences. Early doors but he could be heading for yet another Festival appearance if he keeps that up

I gave Tommy's Oscar connections a fair bit of stick for running him in the Champion Hurdle
but as a chaser I think he's minted.

Hitman could be cherry ripe for this. He was beaten a sh head last year giving away loads of weight.

My Drago could be fit but he has a lot to prove even if he is

However Tommy's Oscar 5/1 already showed he as fit as a fiddle so I will stick with him.

I gave Tommy's Oscar connections a fair bit of stick for running him in the Champion Hurdle
but as a chaser I think he's minted.

Hitman could be cherry ripe for this. He was beaten a sh head last year giving away loads of weight.

My Drago could be fit but he has a lot to prove even if he is

However Tommy's Oscar 5/1 already showed he as fit as a fiddle so I will stick with him.

GL today. I'll be following you in, I like the jockey too.

I’m hoping Do Your Job can regain the form he showed as a novice with the switch to Lucinda

Favourite for this last year and now 4lb lower

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3.15 Chepstow
Ballybegg 14/1 Paddy Power
Runs off 5lb lower than his hurdles mark and hopefully better than when they tried chasing with him as a 6yo

1.10 Stratford Nickle Back 9/4 Bet365
Was hoping for bigger but then Paul Kealy went and tipped it

I’m hoping Do Your Job can regain the form he showed as a novice with the switch to Lucinda

Favourite for this last year and now 4lb lower

Interesting run, maybe a more waiting ride will suit next time. Full disclosure I place laid him because I do feel even though she's a top trainer Lucinda's are well found in the market.

Laying, esp for a place, on the jumps is a new strategy for me this season. Last year was my worst ever year for NH even though I showed a profit on my tracker horses. Solution might be laying in handicaps I don't have a tracker alert for as these type races killed me a year ago. I also place laid Guy on the Friday and I'm eyeing Shan Blue tomorrow at Wetherby.

Interesting run, maybe a more waiting ride will suit next time. Full disclosure I place laid him because I do feel even though she's a top trainer Lucinda's are well found in the market.

Laying, esp for a place, on the jumps is a new strategy for me this season. Last year was my worst ever year for NH even though I showed a profit on my tracker horses. Solution might be laying in handicaps I don't have a tracker alert for as these type races killed me a year ago. I also place laid Guy on the Friday and I'm eyeing Shan Blue tomorrow at Wetherby.

This prompted me to have a look at the Shan Blue race tomorrow. There’s a couple of others in there with something to prove after disappointing last season in Frero Banbou and War Lord. Gloire d’Athon is a decent price at 10/1 although it may.be a bit soft for him

Place laying? I should start a thread for when I lay one cos mine always seem to sprout wings:(

I won't be doing it a lot, just when I see a horse towards or at the front end of a market that I think is underpriced. Years past I'd study the race and try and find a bet and this is a normal process for a lot of punters and one I like for group and graded races on the flat and the jumps but my stats tell me in handicap chases (I don't bet handicap hurdles) I should just stick to my trackers and so therefore just opposing said weakness by laying them is probably the best option.

Last edited:
Betting markets have never been more volatile I reckon. Shorteners win, drifters lose... Shorteners lose, drifters win.

My motto these days is simply, if I fancy something strongly enough, to back it whether it's blue, pink or any other colour on oddschecker.

Last edited:
I won't be doing it a lot, just when I see a horse towards or at the front end of a market that I think is underpriced. Years past I'd study the race and try and find a bet and this is a normal process for a lot of punters and one I like for group and graded races on the flat and the jumps but my stats tell me in handicap chases (I don't bet handicap hurdles) I should just stick to my trackers and so therefore just opposing said weakness by laying them is probably the best option.
Reckon there'll be plenty of those from Europe, over the duration of the Breeder's Cup, if you're so minded.

This prompted me to have a look at the Shan Blue race tomorrow. There’s a couple of others in there with something to prove after disappointing last season in Frero Banbou and War Lord. Gloire d’Athon is a decent price at 10/1 although it may.be a bit soft for him

Meeting abandoned [emoji18]

Back