What are you backing Today? Part 2

Yiang Yiang 4.10 Nm
Up in trip and softer ground than the Rockfel should see her home in this. Has her own pacemaker,too.
9/2 Wm Hill.

Last edited:
Dotties Star could be a good left field bet in the 5.20 at Windsor. The eye catching run was his penultimate start at Epsom. It was a five runner race on soft, where the first three home were all ridden prominently. Dotties Star was held up in last, but stayed on well when only beaten two and a half lengths. Racing Post comments in running say. "Held up in last, headway from over 1f out, flashed tail repeatedly but kept on inside final furlong."

The above quotation makes me think that stepping him up in trip now is the right thing to do, and soft going also looks ideal for Dotties Star. He placed on it first time out this season. Now he's dropped in class and further down the weights, I anticipate a better performance tomorrow.

Last edited:
Dotties Star could be a good left field bet in the 5.20 at Windsor. The eye catching run was his penultimate start at Epsom. It was a five runner race on soft, where the first three home were all ridden prominently. Dotties Star was held up in last, but stayed on well when only beaten two and a half lengths. Racing Post comments in running say. "Held up in last, headway from over 1f out, flashed tail repeatedly but kept on inside final furlong."

The above quotation makes me think that stepping him up in trip now is the right thing to do, and soft going also looks ideal for Dotties Star. He placed on it first time out this season. Now he's dropped in class and further down the weights, I anticipate a better performance tomorrow.

N/R!

J C Smith's horses, notably Ghostwriter, ( mentioned on here), have done well for me this year. Today Flag Carrier (5.00 Kempton) will carry the burden of my support. Very much a punt but this time last year was thought good enough to run in the 'Futurity' and led to 2 out. Worth watching at what might be last chance. I will back small stakes but a decent price. NB Was 2nd of 13 LTO @ 66/!

Came 3/11 and seemed pretty game. Took 14/1ew just before posting and the gelding was backed into 8's. Decent competition that could be worth watching out for.

Last edited:
Back