What are you backing Today? Part 2

2.50 Market Rasen
Taking a chance on Tweed Skirt at 5/1. Needs to improve heaps for the step up to 3m to trouble the jolly but all of that one’s wins have been on bottomless ground which she’s not getting today. The 2nd favourite isn’t one to trust if there’s any soft in the going.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cheltenham 1.45. I'm taking a chance on Gold Des Bois. I think he falls into the quirky but talented catagory, so hoping after the wind operation and two recent runs, he can jump more fluently and get into a rhythm. He's been strong in the betting since the final declarations were released which boosts my confidence a wee bit.

Last edited:
I’m also in on Gold des Bois so that probably means he’ll run a shocker. Sorry about that [emoji17]

Also like the Big Doyen in the 3.30. Not sure I’m seeing why the favourite is so short for all that he was impressive at Chepstow. He’s built for chasing and I can see PFN trotting out the “anything he does over hurdles is a bonus” line. He may win comfortably and prove me wrong but there has to be value opposing him. Kinbara has also won his two hurdle races easily but the Wexford form isn’t up to much and we all know funny things can happen at Cartmel. He probably holds TBD on his bumper form with High Class Hero but I’d rather back TBD at the prices

Last edited:
I’m also in on Gold des Bois so that probably means he’ll run a shocker. Sorry about that [emoji17]

Also like the Big Doyen in the 3.30. Not sure I’m seeing why the favourite is so short for all that he was impressive at Chepstow. He’s built for chasing and I can see PFN trotting out the “anything he does over hurdles is a bonus” line. He may win comfortably and prove me wrong but there has to be value opposing him. Minbars has also won his two hurdle races easily but the Wexford form isn’t up to much and we all know funny things can happen at Cartmel. He probably holds TBD on his bumper form with High Class Hero but I’d rather back TBD at the prices

No worries, Vik.

I am sure it'll just end up a case of, did I jinx you, or did you jinx me. :)

Last edited:
Gold des Bois dropped out very quickly there so maybe something amiss

Another Tizzard winner!

Last edited:
I'm borderline amazed to see Gifted Angel lining up at Cheltenham tomorrow in the 12.35pm.

I could never work out how he is still a maiden on the flat, having been second, third and fourth so many times. He has showed he has ability over hurdles, though whether he can mix it up with this lot tomorrow remains to be seen.

I will be sticking him the yankee for loyalties sake anyway, would love to see him be good enough.

I'm in the Easy As That camp in the PP, I'm far from confident though.

Good luck all tomorrow.

Last edited:
Back