What are you backing Today? Part 2

1315  Lingfield  Sunday 21st January 2024  At The Races.jpeg.png

I hope Lingfield goes ahead tomorrow because there’s a really hot little race. You can make a convincing case for any of them so nothing would surprise, but I have had a little bit on Matata to hold my interest. Mainly shortening price.

Last edited:
I have this thing about trainers and are they trying or having just a run ready for Cheltenham and I've had my eye on FRERO BANBOU for the Grand Annual who is 5lb below his mark when 2nd in the GA 2 yrs ago so is it trying tomorrow.?
26 grand to the winner tomorrow so I have to take the 5/1 on offer and hope for the best.1.50L

Ew Canadian for me today.

Frero banbou 150L 5/1......blundered badly
Nurse susan 225L 7/2......1st
Movethechains 335L 11/1.....1st
Appreciate it 135t 7/2...very disappointing
Zoffanien 320t 20/1...3rd

Last edited:
I haven't studied the form for today because I wasn't sure it would go ahead so have gone with these three (win singles, ew dbls & trb):

The King of Prs 3/1 - unexposed novice coming over to take on much more (but not entirely) exposed older horses
Gowel Road 7/1 - was off for its life in that extremely hot Haydock race but beaten by proper jobs.
Dr Kananga 9/1 - disappointed on its return when reportedly well fancied so presume they found a reason for it

Happy if they all look to be trying.

Gonna be an interesting test of discipline today. I was set up for a decent one with a big price taken about Matata in the Grade 2 and my position on The King of PRS in the handicap. I worry though because Venetia is lurking to fck me like she always always does. When I have one of hers backed they always run below form (Heros the latest) and here I fear Djelo in the Grade 2 and an old nemesis of mine Frero Ballbag. I hate that horse.

I'm looking forward to seeing Djelo.

If JPR One could finish a respectable second or third that would hopefully set him up nicely for the Grand Annual.

Last edited:
1.15 Lingfield Master Chewy 4/1

I would be hopeful he can reverse Aintree form with Djelo being 3lb better off as i felt all the omitted fences that day cost him. Matata the danger IMO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gonna be an interesting test of discipline today. I was set up for a decent one with a big price taken about Matata in the Grade 2 and my position on The King of PRS in the handicap. I worry though because Venetia is lurking to fck me like she always always does. When I have one of hers backed they always run below form (Heros the latest) and here I fear Djelo in the Grade 2 and an old nemesis of mine Frero Ballbag. I hate that horse.[
Not that it should worry you and BJ, but I grabbed 7/2 Bjelo in the early hours.:whistle:

Fair price. Despite the bet not sure why Matata became fav all of a sudden. I think there were nine in when I backed him on Tuesday and he was eighth in the market.

I'm looking forward to seeing Djelo.

If JPR One could finish a respectable second or third that would hopefully set him up nicely for the Grand Annual.

JPR One hopefully won't be hammered by the handicapper. Grand Annual is the race for him.

No doubt Tizzard will be aiming for the Arkle after today haha. Trainers eh.

Matata was the danger but not in the way I’d expected. Master Chewy had no chance after that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JPR One hopefully won't be hammered by the handicapper. Grand Annual is the race for him.

No doubt Tizzard will be aiming for the Arkle after today haha. Trainers eh.

As I suspected, Tizzard confirms he'll take JPR One to the Arkle, where he has no chance of beating Marine Nationale.

He's missing a trick. JPR One wouldn't have gone up too much in the ratings for today given what happend at the start, and could have feasibly ran in the Grand Annual.

British trainer misses a trick (shock horror).

Last edited:
I'm so fed up with racing at the moment. I'm getting the value but not the winners I'm seeing tracker horses getting completely fucked by incompetent trainers. At least the flat has a sort of constant diet of racing. Matata today, forget the bet, the horse in third behind him at Cheltenham - Fine Casting - put him in the tracker he needs a step up in trip (as does the King of PRS) and Pauling has him in a fcking two mile race at Sandown on Friday.

I'm so fed up with racing at the moment. I'm getting the value but not the winners I'm seeing tracker horses getting completely fucked by incompetent trainers. At least the flat has a sort of constant diet of racing. Matata today, forget the bet, the horse in third behind him at Cheltenham - Fine Casting - put him in the tracker he needs a step up in trip (as does the King of PRS) and Pauling has him in a fcking two mile race at Sandown on Friday.
You're fed up? - screw the sticks.:)

Yeah, I have to say I'm looking forward to the flat. With so few bets on the jumps compared to the level if lucks not with you (A few hard seconds, three last fence fallers) short term variance can be a killer. With the flat there's a constant diet and those days where you have like 6 or 7 fancies running on some Saturday's.

I have this thing about trainers and are they trying or having just a run ready for Cheltenham and I've had my eye on FRERO BANBOU for the Grand Annual who is 5lb below his mark when 2nd in the GA 2 yrs ago so is it trying tomorrow.?
26 grand to the winner tomorrow so I have to take the 5/1 on offer and hope for the best.1.50L

Well,that went well didnt it.dont know how he managed to stay on .at least it wont alter its hcap mark.

That was a smashing wee duel between LHP and Protektorat.

I wasn't convinced LHP should have been odds-on but I wouldn't have confidently backed P to beat it.

P was clearly trying all it knew so big kudos to LHP for beating him first time up.

I haven't studied the form for today because I wasn't sure it would go ahead so have gone with these three (win singles, ew dbls & trb):

The King of Prs 3/1 - unexposed novice coming over to take on much more (but not entirely) exposed older horses
Gowel Road 7/1 - was off for its life in that extremely hot Haydock race but beaten by proper jobs.
Dr Kananga 9/1 - disappointed on its return when reportedly well fancied so presume they found a reason for it

Happy if they all look to be trying.

Two triers, one dodgepot. Not too pleased with myself for being so lazy but didn't want to spend a lot of time studying only for the racing to be off.

Should just have kept my powder dry for next weekend.

The King of PRS really impressed me at Limerick and my first thought was can he get into the bottom of a Festival handicap but I was thinking Plate rather than Grand Annual. He needs further than two miles.

Back