What are you backing Today? Part 2

In the hope both Denmat and I'd Like To Know both bring their "A" game and go head to head from the off you don't want to miss it's the 2 mile chase at Newbury.

Denmat 2/1

Last edited:
A horse I got right last flat season, Badri, runs again in Lingfield 3.12.

I haven't had time to check the opposition but at first glance 12s seems a fair price.

Just posting as a reminder for comrades like Tiny Clanger and anyone else interested.

Last edited:

I haven't had time to check the opposition but at first glance 12s seems a fair price.

Just posting as a reminder for comrades like Tiny Clanger and anyone else interested.
GL,Marb - took 12s early doors.:)

What a cracking race. I'm glad Summerghand didn't win as I left the race alone.favourite finished fast and mum's tipple didn't get the best of runs.Badri finished 11th but wasn't beaten far.be some winners come out of that race.

Yeah Chipstead.

That's the one who was going to run in a King Stands I think it was, or the 6F Group One at Royal Ascot, before if I remember correctly, he banged his head or something. Back in handicaps, he's doing well.

After looking more closely I decided not to bet Badri as I just felt it was a hot race to jump back into having not had a recent run.

Glad I didn't, but there should be other days for him this flat season coming.

Last edited:
Kelso 2.17 - Brucio 11/2 ew, 4 places - I think this price is outrageous. I was so busy typing up my notes on it that I missed 13/2 but 11/2 is still ridiculous (assuming, of course, that it's trying). With worries about the Hendo stable - since its last win the performance figures are PPP3PPP55 - I'm more than willing to take on the favourite and the fourth place is an absolute steal. I can't say I'm as keen as I was with Golden Son last week but still tempted to go to the 'odds-on' thread with it.

The forecast with Alnilam also appeals.

Last edited:
I agree with Brucio.could have run in the morebattle and gone for the bonus as its down to run at Cheltenham.

Skycutter. 250k....3rd
Heltenham. 155n........1st
Tommy's Oscar 255d
Java point 340d...NR
Royal mews 1240 meydan.oops

Last edited:
Caution advised for Newbury.

It had to survive two inspections and the going will be awful.

If I do back anything [else] it will be something with form in deep ground that goes from the front.

I'm looking forward to seeing Malystic at Doncaster. I think he's a quality 2 mile handicap chaser. That run beating Elixir De Nutz at the end of last season looks really smart now, and he's course form at Doncaster too. He's well worth his place in the market. He's in the Grand Annual again but that type of race might prove a step too far. I'd be surprised if Peter Niven took in both races within the space of a couple of weeks, but who knows.

Bass Rock running in the Morebattle? I remember talking about him 2 or 3 seasons ago when he looked like a good staying handicap hurdler. I can't have him winning today though over 2 miles, although I wouldn't put anyone off for having a saver on him or doing him each way. My main bet is going to be Cracking Rhapsody though who has a lovely progressive profile.

I think today might be the day to catch Thunder Rock right.

General Officer disappointed myself and Euro last time but he can prove better than that. His form with Tahmuras is solid enough. There was a horse who I fancied the other week called Traplain Law, who was poor on good to soft, then hacked up again a couple weeks later on the ground that he needs, heavy ground. Traplain Law's a very interesting horse on soft or heavy ground in future. I think the moral of the story is sometimes its worth sticking with a horse, so I'll give General Officer another chance today. I hope he's fitter, leaner, and more ready to run than he looked the last day.

Good luck all today.

Last edited:
I think today might be the day to catch Thunder Rock right.

There might not be another horse in training I've backed as often as this horse. According to something I saw on Youtube his run the last day was just a confidence booster to get his confidence back, hence him being ridden out the back. I fired off a comment on that.

Tomorrow, Kempton 4.10 - ... Golden Son. He has a big reputation but things haven't gone to plan yet Cobden prefers him to the fanciable Quel Destin. He was running to ratings of 156 over hurdles in France and races off 135 here. Quel Destin is only 4/1, Golden Son is 10/1. I was tempted to put him on the odds-on thread...

Heltenham just paid GS a big compliment there. One of the reasons I backed Kandoo Kid was the fact that the yard had sent GS to Kempton last week and kept KK for this. The Kempton race was very slow until a sprint finish so maybe they were all smart. I suspect the strong pace here helped Heltenham. All that said, KK was trying and that is all I will ever ask.

Kelso 2.17 - Brucio 11/2 ew, 4 places - I think this price is outrageous. I was so busy typing up my notes on it that I missed 13/2 but 11/2 is still ridiculous (assuming, of course, that it's trying). With worries about the Hendo stable - since its last win the performance figures are PPP3PPP55 - I'm more than willing to take on the favourite and the fourth place is an absolute steal. I can't say I'm as keen as I was with Golden Son last week but still tempted to go to the 'odds-on' thread with it.

Fuxake. Down at the first.That's expensive.

And Brucio gets up and runs past them all after the last.

Last edited:
But he finally finished in front at the line.even switched round a horse determined to win.:lol:

Yes, that's the type I like, the ones that are determined to get to the front in a battle. One to keep onside. Didn't fall of her own accord, had nowhere to go when the one in front came down.

Back