What are you backing Today? Part 2

I'm looking forward to seeing Malystic at Doncaster. I think he's a quality 2 mile handicap chaser. That run beating Elixir De Nutz at the end of last season looks really smart now, and he's course form at Doncaster too. He's well worth his place in the market. He's in the Grand Annual again but that type of race might prove a step too far. I'd be surprised if Peter Niven took in both races within the space of a couple of weeks, but who knows.

Bass Rock running in the Morebattle? I remember talking about him 2 or 3 seasons ago when he looked like a good staying handicap hurdler. I can't have him winning today though over 2 miles, although I wouldn't put anyone off for having a saver on him or doing him each way. My main bet is going to be Cracking Rhapsody though who has a lovely progressive profile.

I think today might be the day to catch Thunder Rock right.

General Officer disappointed myself and Euro last time but he can prove better than that. His form with Tahmuras is solid enough. There was a horse who I fancied the other week called Traplain Law, who was poor on good to soft, then hacked up again a couple weeks later on the ground that he needs, heavy ground. Traplain Law's a very interesting horse on soft or heavy ground in future. I think the moral of the story is sometimes its worth sticking with a horse, so I'll give General Officer another chance today. I hope he's fitter, leaner, and more ready to run than he looked the last day.

Good luck all today.

3/4 winners for me on here today. Hopefully I'm coming into form at the right time.

Mr Murchan 3.32 Ling Ew Snatched defeat from the jaws of victory 2nd

Military Tycoon 7.00 Newc Ew Let's just say held up in rear off slow pace then given a cursory tap up the home straight. Hmmm...

Last edited:
Not betting today BUT if I was here's a shoe in

Emerald green, red chevrons, quartered cap
Hello Judge
Trainer: Ann Hamilton
Age/Weight: 8 / 10-10
Form: 313431
Days since last run: 17
Jockey claim: 0
Wearing: Tongue strap
Danny McMenamin

I see Rory Delargy and his partner in crime on the Sporting Life, Dave Massey, fancy Chasing Aphrodite. Those last couple of runs just weren't him were they. I remember I was sweet on him for Royal Ascot 2023. I can't let him go unbacked today at these odds.

Last edited:
I am sure Swift Hawk was entered for a much better race but was pulled out

He made mincemeat of Ochestra and Co.....time to upload and get stuck in I think

Swift Hawk 1/1

Back