What are you backing Today? Part 2

Mortens Leam won today....at 85-40......and I had forgotten to put him in my tracker. And I’ve been so effing busy writing reports and previews and dealing with clients....so I missed him. And he was a stone cold certainty on that last run too....:(

(He was the photo I framed)

Last edited:
I've done Excello each way but I'm backing Monbeg aswell. The form with Corach and Fastorslow is still strong, albeit with everything that's happend since then, with his interrupted campaign and missing races this season.

Good luck all today and for the week.

I hope we haven't lost the will to look at any more racing tomorrow after the hectic week we've had.

Two horses catching my eye for the Midlands National at Uttoxeter.

Young Dev coming over from Ireland. He has history in this race and was second once before. He could go close again.

At a bigger price Gold Clermont is interesting. This ran fourth in the Eider. He's only been chasing for a year or so, but obviously enjoying himself. He's got loads of form on soft or heavy, albeit at a lower level. Maybe he can run another good race, even being a few pound out of the handicap.

Hauraki Gulf in the 3.35. I backed this the last day he won. It was only a three runner race but he jumped well doing it nicely. I think there's more to come.

I'm backing Millers bank in the 2:45 at Kempton. This is a horse who hacked up at Aintree in a Grade 1 novice chase coming up to 2 years ago. Mostly disappointing since, although he did finish second to Pic D'orhy in the Peterborough Chase at the end of 2022. Now in a handicap chase after a wind operation, I'll have to back him at 9/1 or thereabouts to see if he comes back to anything like his best form.

Last edited:
Autonmous Cloud - 3.00 Uttoxeter 5/1 Ew
Iron Bridge - 3.00 Uttoxeter 5/1 Ew

Elvies Vladimir - 3.30 Uttoxeter 0/30 Win.

Blogged :)

Last edited:
You might end up with your heart in your mouth in the closing stages but don't worry

Conyers Hill will come late and will win today

He's massive at 7/2 Don't miss him

Huge rollover jackpot at Chepstow today if anyone likes that kind of thing

Not wanting to come across as pedantic but it's "only" 142K carried over. Having said that, it should be the kind of thing that's of great interest to forumites. In the 70's & 80's I used to wait in anticipation to have a go at the Jackpot when the rollover amount reached 250K plus (which it did often) because the odds were so much in my favour. The thing that surprises me a little is that it wasn't won yesterday.

Not wanting to come across as pedantic but it's "only" 142K carried over. Having said that, it should be the kind of thing that's of great interest to forumites. In the 70's & 80's I used to wait in anticipation to have a go at the Jackpot when the rollover amount reached 250K plus (which it did often) because the odds were so much in my favour. The thing that surprises me a little is that it wasn't won yesterday.

Its more the final pot v the numb er of runners I was looking at. Over 500k and only 34 runners over the 6 races

Last edited:
Back