What are you backing Today? Part 2

The new concept Racing League starts tomorrow night at Newcastle

One each way bet for me

8.25-Roscioli @ 14-1 [Bet 365]

Galway 5.10

The Great White 14/1 each way

This has placed twice now over fences running two very solid races and shaping like a stronger pace will be right up his street. Surely too big a price.

Last edited:
GALLIPOLI 725NC I took 25s earlier and now best price is 16s.c/d winner who is back on a winnable mark.
Besides being in my alerts,another reason I like it is because Fahey runs this instead of ABDUCTION.
Abduction is down to run in the stewards cup(probably consolation race) and also a 6000 race at a northern track on sunday.
This 725 is worth 25000 to the winner and 12000 to the 2nd and the consolation race is worth 12000.
I'm sure Abduction is a future winner and looks capable of getting 7f.so the fact he runs gallipoli is enough for me to risk it.

Isn't Ben Dundee the wrong price at 8/1 for the 6.40 at Galway. Finished ahead of a few that are half his price in the plate. Wouldnt trust any of the three horses shorter than him in the market.

I have to say well done to trainer Keith Dalgleish who trains Euro Implosion.

Euro Implosion won his fourth race from five starts last night at decent odds of 7/2.

I actually put the horse up the first time he won this season and maybe the second time too.

Since then he's won another two races and placed in a higher class of race, (a class four).

The owners must be very pleased.

A classic example of a horse in great form where the handicapper hasn't got to him.

He is actually entered again at Musselburgh next Friday, can he make it from 5/6 in the space of a few weeks?

I wish I'd spent the money the past month just backing him in singles, as I'd be well up.

Tangled is out again at favoured track Carlisle tomorrow at 7. 30.

A horse who has won 6 out of 29 races which is a decent strike rate, amassed nearly 250 grand in career thus far, now back in form on a mark of 80 around his favourite track.

Will win, surely?

Last edited:
Competitive big field for the Prix Rothschild today and I want to be against the two raiders that head the market despite how well the Falmouth is working out. Mother Earth is fav but 5/2 seems short considering she doesn't win that often and Primo Bacio has never run on the ground (soft). I was on Novemba when she ran well in the Coronation Stakes and at around 7/1 for 4 places I think she's solid each way. None of the Frenchies strike me as top drawer although the Aga filly Sagamiyra seems overpriced in double figures.

Competitive big field for the Prix Rothschild today and I want to be against the two raiders that head the market despite how well the Falmouth is working out. Mother Earth is fav but 5/2 seems short considering she doesn't win that often and Primo Bacio has never run on the ground (soft). I was on Novemba when she ran well in the Coronation Stakes and at around 7/1 for 4 places I think she's solid each way. None of the Frenchies strike me as top drawer although the Aga filly Sagamiyra seems overpriced in double figures.

You’re probably right, Euro (you usually are), but I can’t desert Primo Bacio.

Premio Bacio is the new English King.

Caught up in traffic, again, but didn’t show the usual turn of foot when eventually in the clear(ish). She needs to be better positioned before challenging, but it maybe she’s a couple of notches shy at this level.

Bath 2.45

A tentative selection from me for Celtic Art who was a promising youngster before losing his way. Connections persevered with Celtic Art. He was recently gelded. We've seen over the years that having the operation can really work oracle's for some horses.

It's hard to quantify in form terms until you see them run after the operation but he certainly adds an extra dimension to the race against three likely improving types at the top of the betting.

If you forget the fact he's carrying top weight but anaylise his mark of 90 instead, it's not actually a bad mark for a horse who won a class two maiden at Goodwood and was then second in a listed race abroad.

At 7/1 I'm prepared to have a go.

Last edited:
Bath 2.45

A tentative selection from me for Celtic Art who was a promising youngster before losing his way. Connections persevered with Celtic Art. He was recently gelded. We've seen over the years that having the operation can really work oracle's for some horses.

It's hard to quantify in form terms until you see them run after the operation but he certainly adds an extra dimension to the race against three likely improving types at the top of the betting.

If you forget the fact he's carrying top weight but anaylise his mark of 90 instead, it's not actually a bad mark for a horse who won a class two maiden at Goodwood and was then second in a listed race abroad.

At 7/1 I'm prepared to have a go.

A good second today giving lumps of weight away.

He has to go in the tracker, as he should come on for the run.

Racing League moves to Doncaster tomorrow

One each way bet for me

5.42-Many A Star

Each Way @ 14-1

Racing League moves to Doncaster tomorrow

One each way bet for me

5.42-Many A Star

Each Way @ 14-1

Yes the horse who finished behind him the last day, Boom The Groom, franked that form when just missing out by a whisker yesterday. The winner Clarendon House scored next time and Many A Star looks a good each way chance with the blinkers on again.

Yarmouth 4.40

Invincible Larne was giving 15lb in weight to Castana Dio the last day when 3rd of four horses. He was only beaten half a length but today is much better off at the weights with Castana Dio. I think he's nine pound better off, or if you include the claimer on Castana Dio, Sebastian Woods, he's four better pound off.

In any event it's still a significant amount of weight for a sprint race and Invincible Larne is way overpriced today. His win at Brighton in April against Boom The Groom and Shamshon is very good form and makes his mark of 78 look exploitable. I reckon he can go very close.

Last edited:
Back