What are you backing Today? Part 2

Good little race. Moehats fav horse Wise Eagle in there, aswell as Euro Implosion going for his fifth win from six starts since May off the bottom weight.

Last edited:
That was awful. I avoid long distance flat races usually but Bodyline went into my tracker when he ran well in the King George V. That was slow motion agony.

SHOWMOLINA 207 CORK 16/1 needs to break better.usually slow away.i was waiting for the prices and then missed the 25s.
Also COUNT D'ORSAY 1250A 14/1
True blue moon 300h 7/1
Accessory 420c 5/1
Bannow 625 ayr 14/1
Hochfield 125a 16/1

I'm not sure where the appropriate thread is but Bolshoi Ballet runs in the Saratoga Derby tonight at 10.10. Let's hope he continues his
progression.

At Ascot today I've given Revich another chance. I know he's been on DO's radar in previous races.

Also taken a chance on Stormy Antarctic at Haydock. The rain must have helped his chance.

Last edited:
Royal Scimitar was pulled because of the rain at Goodwood last week and he's drifted to 5s+ today but Tis Marvellous winning the opener means the ground can't be that bad. Worth a bet now.

Palavecino loves RH tracks, but went too quick from his rails draw in the Wolferton. Hood off, and the drop back to 1m make for an interesting proposition, tomorrow.
16/1 B365.

Racing League moves to Lingfield tonight

6.38-Buckingham

Each Way @ 40-1 [4 places]

Placed on this track three times from 5 runs

Sovereign looks a good betting heat. The fav is respected but 2/1 seems awful short considering he has no real form over a mile. I backed Dukes of Hazzard in this last year and he ran a shocker and I could never entertain Sir Busker on a turning track so that pretty much leaves Solid Stone and Perotto as the bettable horses. The former doesn't really stay 10f in good company so can be forgiven his last run at Newbury (not that it was terrible) but his win over a mile at Windsor gives him a shot in this (albeit there might have been a golden highway angle to said win) and Perotto has been a star this year. He ran ok last time at Goodwood and this stiffer mile will suit him more. Dutched the pair

La Maquina went into my tracker after his last win on the July course. He ran no sort of race next time at Goodwood but being drawn 20/20 in a 7f handicap at that track is death. He's double figures for a ropey enough race at Lingfield this evening.

EDIT: Just realised this is a straight mile which makes Sir Busker of more interest. Not enough for a bet though.

Last edited:
Sovereign looks a good betting heat. The fav is respected but 2/1 seems awful short considering he has no real form over a mile. I backed Dukes of Hazzard in this last year and he ran a shocker and I could never entertain Sir Busker on a turning track so that pretty much leaves Solid Stone and Perotto as the bettable horses. The former doesn't really stay 10f in good company so can be forgiven his last run at Newbury (not that it was terrible) but his win over a mile at Windsor gives him a shot in this (albeit there might have been a golden highway angle to said win) and Perotto has been a star this year. He ran ok last time at Goodwood and this stiffer mile will suit him more. Dutched the pair

La Maquina went into my tracker after his last win on the July course. He ran no sort of race next time at Goodwood but being drawn 20/20 in a 7f handicap at that track is death. He's double figures for a ropey enough race at Lingfield this evening.

EDIT: Just realised this is a straight mile which makes Sir Busker of more interest. Not enough for a bet though.

Perotto was my original fancy,so I've followed you in. GL. Natch

Ran well, could have done with a better pace. Historically August is my worst punting month and results like that sum it up. Megallan was unbackable at his price but goes in anyway.

Have had a small wager on Client Power 4.10 Nott, as SDS travels for the ride, and in a 4rnr field, shouldn't b near the 16/1 she is currently (B365).

Only one strong fancy tomorrow which is Embour in the Wilfred at Ripon.

This horse has decent form in the book and although seemingly out of form he's dropping rapidly in the handicap.

I feel he can run a big race off this mark of 87.

Hopefully turn out to be a York Ebor funds booster for me.

Last edited:
Tomorrow in the Hungerford I'm staying faithful to Motakhayyel. I still can't get his Bunbury Cup win out of my head and if he had come straight here from Newmarket he'd be 2/1 tops. That disappointing run at Ascot is responsible for his price (I took 11/2 earlier) but I refuse to accept that he ran his race that day. Maybe the track is just too testing for him but maybe he just needed more than a fortnight's recovery time. (Bounce theorists say to ignore subsequent runs when assessing recovery time from a big effort. The ideal is 6 weeks but Mota has followed up after 4 weeks before so I think his price is very generous.)

In the GSW I'm on two so far and will add another longshot in the morning. The two are Soldier's Minute (14/1, 7pl) and Brad The Brief (25/1), which I'll go into on the Longshot thread.

Last edited:
Reckon the ground and the trip should be just about ideal for Sacred in the Hungerford. Reportedly working well, and with TM deputising for the absent RM (Stateside).she ought to have a major chance.
6/1 B365.

Last edited:
Good race the Hungerford this year, competitive anyway. I don't know why Al Suhail is fav, not with his lack of form over the trip. The two Hamdan horses are honestly just good handicappers aren't they - plus Dessie's horse seems to run better on the July course than anywhere else. I actually might chance Tactical who's a very big price. He didn't stay the mile last time out and actually was only just behind Perotto who ran well on Thursday. His 7f form on decent ground gives him a shot in this.

Only other bet is Staxton in the Wilfrid. He was eye catching with this repeat bid in mind when 4th behind the Stewards Cup and consolation race winner at Hamilton.

Golden Pass 2.20Nb is clearly on the improve, and took out a horse that Frankie travels to ride in a gp3 at Deauville today, Thought good enough for a gp2 latest, only to be thwarted by the weather, both trainer and pilot in flying form and trip looking in her favour, she looks somthing to bet on @ Betfair's 13/2.

Last edited:
Only other bet is Staxton in the Wilfrid. He was eye catching with this repeat bid in mind when 4th behind the Stewards Cup and consolation race winner at Hamilton.
Might be onto something here, Euro. Just gone 14's to 7/1, while stablemate Lampang shot from 8's to 20/1

Last edited:

I admit when I first looked at the card I thought I'd end up backing Staxton. I watched him last time and wasn't convinced he was trying but didn't really have this race in mind but I can see where you're coming from. On my figures he isn't quite handicapped to win but you never know with Easterby. Any value has surely gone now, though, so I hope you got the big prices.

I don't have a great record in the GSW but I always want a go at it! I find it interesting that the likes of Justanotherbottle, which scraped into the bottom of the 28-runner Stewards' Cup field, is #10 in a field of 20 here. It shows how much classier the big handicaps are.

Been having a rough old time of it lately so just dipping a toe into the water today with Great Ambassador who ran so well in the Stewards. 2/1 a bit skinny, but 15/8 mostly now.

Reckon the ground and the trip should be just about ideal for Sacred in the Hungerford. Reportedly working well, and with TM deputising for the absent RM (Stateside).she ought to have a major chance.
6/1 B365.

Yes with you on Sacred, Reet.

A bit like Barjon I've cursed my luck recently.

6/1 B365.

Nice one.

Just saw the replay of the closing stages of the Hungerford. I've no idea what to make of Motakhayyel now. Never in the hunt from what I saw.

Back