3.10 - Luxembourg 4/1

3.45 - Liberty Lane 13/2, Paradias 18/1

4.30 - Ezeliya 11/2

5.40 - Hodler 14/1

Good luck, everyone.

My Epsom bets for today.
2.35 .KOY KOY 11/2. saver on AL MUHUIR.
3.35 LADY MELBOURNE 33/1 e.way.
5.40. SPEEDING BULLET. I backed this last night got 14,s.just seen its now 6/1.
I've also backed koy koy and Al muhir and speeding bullet and earls in e.way x doubles.

I’m at Doncaster this evening, looks a tricky card

The ones that catch my eye

615 English Harbour - there could be some decent relatively unexposed sorts in here, however English Harbour came second to Almaqam last time out who has since won a £25k race

645 Nikovo - getting a run in with a penalty presently in good form

745 Supreme King - very easy winner here last time out and significantly runs here again with a top jockey booked

In the 545 Southern Voyage must be troubling the judge soon - really fallen down the weights and is now 18lb below its last winning mark.

It is great to see that Luxembourg has still got it. Ylang Ylang is now nailed on for the Oaks but I have taken Forest Fairy EW in that. Nice punt Desert

Last edited:
Still trying to figure out if Liberty Lane was unlucky or badly ridden. Or letting the stablemate win?

Paradias got a very amateurish ride, out the back and wide off a slow pace. Unlike Rossa Ryan to look so bad.
Liberty Lane ran far too free.
Having said that I think it was a poor ride
Epsom is full of hard luck stories
I didn't have a bet in rhe race but I would say it was a little unlucky and badly ridden.

Terrible ride on Liberty Lane for sure.

Well done with Lux Dessie, my arse was going after a late lay on Hamish at ludicrous odds that turns out weren't that bad. Uncomfortable.

Friday

Epsom - 5.40 Spanish Star is a grand old 9 year old, who has earned his keep over the years, winning 8 races from 65 starts. A respectable strike rate that is. He was seventh in the Stewards Cup last season, beaten four lengths or thereabouts, off a five pound higher mark. He's been too keen the last two races, but still not beaten far, so hopefully that freshness has been knocked out of him. Top jockey Tom Marquand booked to ride. He's the bet for me in this race on Friday. I'm hopeful I can get a potentially rewarding price.
Just never at the races today was he. Apologies for spouting such shite.

Never put in the race for some reason.

I had three in mind against the field. I mentioned Hodler elsewhere and had planned to back it up with Spanish Star and Rhoscolyn. I forgot about the race until the last minute but got on SS as they were going in. I tried to get on Rhoscolyn as well but the race was off. If only I'd done them in the other order.

Hodler was a bit unlucky and a bit poorly ridden, being denied a clear run just as the race was starting to develop. The claimer, who was brilliant on Quinault last year, didn't exactly cover himself in glory.

As an aside, younger students of form or race-riding would do well to review how Rhoscolyn was ridden today compared with previous races when well beaten. A proper trying ride by Doyle and it won pretty easily. I hope Outsider kept the faith today.

Never put in the race for some reason.

I had three in mind against the field. I mentioned Hodler elsewhere and had planned to back it up with Spanish Star and Rhoscolyn. I forgot about the race until the last minute but got on SS as they were going in. I tried to get on Rhoscolyn as well but the race was off. If only I'd done them in the other order.

Hodler was a bit unlucky and a bit poorly ridden, being denied a clear run just as the race was starting to develop. The claimer, who was brilliant on Quinault last year, didn't exactly cover himself in glory.

As an aside, younger students of form or race-riding would do well to review how Rhoscolyn was ridden today compared with previous races when well beaten. A proper trying ride by Doyle and it won pretty easily. I hope Outsider kept the faith today.
Well done today D. And no I didn't.i thought he would be saved for the Buckingham Palace.

Well done today D. And no I didn't.i thought he would be saved for the Buckingham Palace.

Thanks, Outsider. It was a good day and almost a brilliant one. Disappointed for you that you didn't back Rhosco but that's the problem with these O'Meara bandits. Sometimes you just never know what the target is.

Much busier betting day today but I'm reducing stakes so as not to give back too much of yesterday's gains.

All at Epsom, prices noted are the prices taken.

2.00 - Astral Beau 12/1

2.35 - Regal Reality 9/2, Sean 10/1

3.45 - Silky Wilkie 9/2

4.30 - City Of Troy 3/1, Kamboo 80/1, Sayedaty Sadaty 100/1 (a/p), Tabletalk 150/1

5.15 - Relentless Voyager 8/1, Lucander 16/1, Percy Shelley 20/1

5.40 - Mr Wagyu 6/1, Russet Gold 8/1, Mums Tipple 11/1

Have a great day, everyone, and be lucky (y)

Back