What are you backing Today? Part 2

She has an excellent chance I reckon, good luck Reet.

Hope You Can Run, Hamilton 4.40, did me a good turn the last time he won. I liked the way he dug deep. He seems a fair old price for today. I'll stick with him for loyalty sake. My usual miniscule stakes.

Detective can run well in the 6.40. A course and distance winner at a fair price and I'm hoping today might be his day.

Let'sbefrank.

Beaten 4th of 7 at 11/4 in a class six the last day. Steps up in class for an ITV race and does the business.

I guess he needed the run last time.

Roll on Royal Ascot.

Now that things are almost back to normal i have found a horse worthy of a 5Star bet*****.

Anyone who saw Richard Hannon's Jewell of London 13/8 finish 3rd at Goodwood had to be impressed.

She's very well balanced filly so I doubt if the all weather will present any problems

Cantering 2 furlongs out at Goodwood she seemed to blow up but ran all the way to the line beaten 1 1/2 lengths.

She may not need to improve to win this race but if she does she will win head in her chest unless there's a Fallen Angel hiding in the woodwork.

Not a great price but a winners a winner

Last night I punted Show Bix Kid for the 4.27 at Nottm at 7s. This morning half the field it seems like are nonners because of the ground and he's only dropped to 6/1.

It was 40/1 earlier but, err, I had all of it, err, sorry about that.

I like my obscure stabs in the dark - most people don't have the patience for betting these types, but I figure if I bet 39 horses at 40/1 win only (I don't bet each way) and one of them wins, I'm keeping my head above water and the wolf from the door.

Two winners out of 39 at 40s and the fridge is full of Serrano ham, Manchego cheese and tiramisu.
NR at Cartmel (ground has eased) and at Market Rasen today in the 3.18.

Easy in the betting at 18/1 currently, but could make an impact off 90 if in the form that enabled him to hose up in a Maiden Point:

I like Tiber Flow in that. Taking a bit of a chance with the fall last time but he's unexposed over 7 and he probably owns the single best piece of form of any of these (Chipchase last year).

I like Tiber Flow in that. Taking a bit of a chance with the fall last time but he's unexposed over 7 and he probably owns the single best piece of form of any of these (Chipchase last year).
So do I,step up in trip has,off a strong pace,has to be in his favour

I've taken 8/1 with B365

Beverley 3.15 Onemorenomore really interest me. He's won twice at Doncaster in his career, showing a good turn of foot after being held up. He could be both well handicapped and nicely weighted here, and while he has a wide draw to overcome, I'm hoping his jockey Adam Farragher can give him a peach of a ride, finishing fast and late to land the spoils. The horse could even improve a bit for the better going, especially with his turn of foot. It's certainly too early to be saying he needs cut in the ground I reckon.

John Gosden has won the 3.00 at Haydock a couple of times recently and his Queen Of The Pride looks to have been teed up perfectly for today's edition.
Took 6/1 earlier.

Back to a quieter day with only Haydock of any interest but I fancied a couple quite strongly so went in a bit heavy.

1.50 - I put Live In The Dream on the odds-on thread on Thursday and he's now odds-on across the board. That's that job done. All he needs to do now is win. As ever, all I'll ask is that it's trying. If it is it should win.

2.25 - I took 4/1 Maghlaak the other day but it's been taken out so that's probably saved me a few quid. The bookies' reaction was a bit savage. I'd intended taking 16/1 Max Mayhem instead but when I checked last night it was about 8/1. It's back out to 11s but I'm going to hold off for now. It might have another target in mind rather than this seasonal debut race. Struth was also 16/1 but is in to 6s. Fvck that. I prefer stablemate Knightswood anyway (was 11/2, now 5/1). Divina Grace was 12/1 but is now 5/2f so might be the winner waiting to happen but I'm just going to let the race go without a bet.

3.00 - I managed to get 13/2 Sea Theme the other evening (5s tops now) but will be subject to a R4 with Miss Cantik coming out. I rated her the danger so I'm not unhappy about that. Caernarfon has the best form but hasn't been showing it and has gone from 12s to 18s so maybe not much is expected but she's looking worthy of some sickness insurance.

3.35 - I really thought the Godolphin horse Noble Dynasty was a good thing and was heavily into him at 4/1 and had him in a lumpy three-cross with Sea Theme and LITD but I'm shocked to find out this minute that he doesn't run. I have to take the positive and assume I'm saving money as there must be a good reason for the withdrawal. I put Popmaster, the one I reckoned the main danger, on the longshot thread on Thursday (20/1 then) and he's into 10s and shorter so I presume Pricewise or Kealy has put him up. I'm happy to settle for him as the main bet now.

But with Maghlaak and Noble Dynasty coming out it's a much lighter day's betting than I'd planned.

Good luck, everyone.

Last edited:
Back