What are you backing Today? Part 2

Bengurion 720H 9/2
Impressed me last time after pulled hard all the way to the start and then led all the way over 7f.
Drops to 6f and now turf.

3.10 Nottingham-I Dare You

Each Way [4 places]..current odds of 20-1

She is better than form figures would have you believe

Don't want to aftertime but I've had a cracking day so far.

However I've gone overboard on Transcending @ 11/10 at Leopardstown.

My worry is Colin Keane is my jinx.

I reckon 7 out of the last 10 times I backed him he has been beaten.

By your side 743cork 16/1 bet 365.

Did well for me over hurdles with a couple of places at big prices.
Only one flat run since moving from Ed Dunlap when placed at Chester in an apprentice race under Billy Lochnane.
This is worth 27 000eurs and all other bookies are in single figures.

Saturday, Sandown 2.05 - Mascapone 10/1 ew, 6 places (Sky) - showed a lot of promise on his reappearance after two years off and turns up in this £100k race with Spencer booked. I worry that the latter will misjudge it from the back - I always do - but 6 places in a 16-runner field at the joint-best odds looks more than fair. I was expecting Sky to restrict me as they often do so maybe they know something but I'm willing to take the punt.

Saturday, Sandown 2.05 - Mascapone 10/1 ew, 6 places (Sky) - showed a lot of promise on his reappearance after two years off and turns up in this £100k race with Spencer booked. I worry that the latter will misjudge it from the back - I always do - but 6 places in a 16-runner field at the joint-best odds looks more than fair. I was expecting Sky to restrict me as they often do so maybe they know something but I'm willing to take the punt.
They probably would have if you had asked for sp.

Snash 150y 20/1 underachiever. back up to 7f is a positive and is below its last winning mark plus a 3lb claimer.come on Mr Easterby,let me get you right for once.

I've gone for the Appelby Buick treble having backed their 2 first timers yesterday.

This Royal Officer cost 1million guineas so hopefully he too can make a winning start

He has drifted since I backed him such is life

Saturday, York 3.35 - Woodhay Wonder 10/1 - I always make a point of looking at this race because it has been very kind to me down the years and I’m hoping Woodhay Wonder will enhance my good fortune in it. I presume Pocklington is favourite because it holds a Commonwealth Cup entry, the only Group race entry for the entire field, but he’s a 66/1 shot for that. A few hold entries for either the Wokingham or Bunbury Cup but would struggle to get in anyway. This is usually a very good race and the principals often go on to much higher marks over the course of the season. Last year, for example, Quinault won this off 85 and finished the season off 102. The runner-up Washington Heights (90) is now off 113 and the third, Mill Stream (98), is now 114. That’s the kind of potential some of these will have and I suspect Woodhay Wonder is the one in this field who might aspire to that kind of level. It isn’t a race in which to get heavily involved with there being so many unexposed types so a modest win bet at 10/1 will be my only interest other than watching and analysing the result.

Back