What are you backing Today? Part 2

I got a tracker alert through this evening for one tomorrow: Ascot 2.30 Piece Of History.

Normally I have a quick look at these and nine times out of ten leave them alone but I'm curious about this one. It's not far off the top ratings and 14/1 with Bet 365, 12s in the odd obscure place and tens elsewhere but 17/2 and blue with a couple. Hasn't run since Meydan in the spring so might need the run but I've decided to have a stab each-way at the long odds.

Certainly an argument for this so followed you in at 14's. Generally 5'S now. Happy as Larry! Thanks!

I also have a tracker out tomorrow at Ascot. Recovery Run ran a stormer behind Nagano at Goodwood before being overfaced in the Geoffrey Freer and I would be hopeful he's too good for some Johnston horse who was beaten lto at Hamilton and My Frankel who looks a squiggle merchant. 11/4 is acceptable.
Spot on, Euro.

Haydock

He's a few pound to find on ratings on these terms but Artistic Rifles has been well supported on the early shows and rightly so as he has improved out of all recognition this season. It'd be no huge suprise to me if he caused the upset in this.

Last edited:
I also have a tracker out tomorrow at Ascot. Recovery Run ran a stormer behind Nagano at Goodwood before being overfaced in the Geoffrey Freer and I would be hopeful he's too good for some Johnston horse who was beaten lto at Hamilton and My Frankel who looks a squiggle merchant. 11/4 is acceptable.

Shout, Euro.

Nice one, Euro :)

Just fannying about while the TV is on in the background. Decided to back old Summerghand ew at 12/1 w/o Starman in the big race. I've always rated him but he isn't particularly consistent. I think today's race will be fast-run and hope he can pick off the stoppers in front of him in the final furlong.

Might give My Oberon another chance in the 1.45 at Haydock. A small field over a mile is far from suitable for Lord Glitters or Maydanny for that matter and if you can forgive the York run from the selection he's fair value at 7/2

I have 10s ap about Creative Force in the Sprint. The fav will be hard to beat though.

Royal Scimitar is ungodly well handicapped judged off his run in the Shergar Cup and presumably he needs this today 4.55A to get in the AGC

Toss up between Alfaadhel and Wahraan 3:10 Ascot, but I think the former. Vally Forge 2:20 Haydock, but Praiano ran much better than it looked lto and is a live danger. And what on earth is Nymphadora doing on the all-weather at Kempton 2:05? After a very bright start winning a listed race in May she hasn’t really followed through - a desperate throw or a clever move?

Still reckon Starman is up agianst it, no great pqce forecast, and he's drawn well away from the majority of it.
10/1 Art Power looks a knocking ew bet.
I've also bet Contact, Global Storm, and Cliffs Of Capri at Ascot & am well ahead at current prices, so set fair for a decent day, hopefully.
Luck to all.

Haydock

He's a few pound to find on ratings on these terms but Artistic Rifles has been well supported on the early shows and rightly so as he has improved out of all recognition this season. It'd be no huge suprise to me if he caused the upset in this.

Oh I enjoyed this.

A big improver this horse.

Being gelded has helped aswell.

Last edited:
Oh I enjoyed this.

A big improver this horse.

Being gelded has helped aswell.

Was out and missed the race but checked the result. Sounds like he was allowed a very easy clear lead and doesn't reflect well on the other jockeys.

Grand result for you, though, Marb.

Cheers DO. He 5/7 now since that gelding operation. I thought he ran them into the ground. I'm not too sure it's the other jockeys fault. Best horse won on the day.

Last edited:
Still reckon Starman is up agianst it, no great pqce forecast, and he's drawn well away from the majority of it.
10/1 Art Power looks a knocking ew bet.
I've also bet Contact, Global Storm, and Cliffs Of Capri at Ascot & am well ahead at current prices, so set fair for a decent day, hopefully.
Luck to all.
Not a sniff - anywhere.
SDS said, before the race, that Art Power didn't need to lead, then threw his chance away by riding the horse in almost exactly the same manner that cost him the July Cup.
Good judge of pace - he isn't.:rolleyes:

Two well fancied colts in Hukum and Starman, both chinned today by improving geldings, (especially Emaratty Ana).

Sometimes I wonder if the British Horse Racing Authority should have colts only races like they do for fillies, but anyhow I guess I should just focus on making the gelding angle pay, rather than try to rewrite the rule book for the BHA, owners and trainers.:)

Even in the big handicaps it takes a very good colt to win one these days. So maybe its worth keeping on side Golden Flame in the near future now he's in form after his win today, (also entered in the Mallard handicap at Doncaster on Friday).

Last edited:
Feel I must take Baaeed on in the Moulin, he's very short. Order of Australia ran well in the Marois and whilst I think he's better over a stiff 7f going round a turn today will suit him better and 12.5 on the machine is too big.

Where's Outsider?

Must be on a good holiday after that race in Ireland the other day.

I'm sure Outsider has mentioned Chairmanoftheboard this season as a tracker horse of his.

Well backed in the 3.45 tomorrow.

Back