What are you backing Today? Part 2

Five nonners in the Portland. Have Huuricane Ivor at a reasonable price, just hope the ground dries a tad before the race.

I have Danyah in a double with Glass Slippers (protection for my ap bet on Dragon Symbol). I don't really trust Laneqash's run behind Sacred and want to take him on. The selection ran a blinder at Ascot.

The best horse oftentimes doesn't win the Leger, the best stayer does. I can see Hurricane Lane shaping like Crystal Ocean - a top class horse over 12f just being worried out of it by a proper boat. I backed Sir Lucan in the Voltigeur and whilst he was a tad disappointing there he shouldn't be more than twice the price of the horse who only just beat him at Goodwood.

Fev Rover is also worth a go at Leop based on the 1000Gns form.

Leger'
Share Euro's reservations about HL's stamina, and High Definition (16/1 - B365) might just be the 'proper boat' that AOB sets the race up for.

Another quiet day for me. I'll probably miss the racing due to other commitments but have taken an interest nonetheless:

1.45 Embour & Treacherous - outsiders against the field for a bit of fun.

3.00 Laneqash - fancy it to win but not to bet

3.35 Hurricane Lane - possibly one of the strongest Leger favourites of recent times (imho) and 10/11 would appeal to me if I were betting 'pro' money. By far the best form and by far the strongest stayer on dosage. If I get a return on the Portland I might just reinvest it. However, I've also had to have some sickness insurance on High Definition at 16/1.

4.05 Cardano - looks well handicapped.

5.10 Ebury - longshot ew.

Last edited:
I think the market support for Boundless Power in the Portland could prove telling... Ticks a lot of boxes, improved since being gelded, etc. I see my mate at the Sporting Life, Ben Linfoot, who I've had some private correspondence with throughout the years, tipped him up at a big price yesterday.

I'm also quite taken aback by the market support for John Dance's horse, Rhythm Master, in the 3.00. The Richard Fahey trained horse is being backed like a horse who is expected to run a lot better today, so I've taken it each way.

Good luck all today.

Last edited:
Five nonners in the Portland. Have Huuricane Ivor at a reasonable price, just hope the ground dries a tad before the race.

I have Danyah in a double with Glass Slippers (protection for my ap bet on Dragon Symbol). I don't really trust Laneqash's run behind Sacred and want to take him on. The selection ran a blinder at Ascot.

The best horse oftentimes doesn't win the Leger, the best stayer does. I can see Hurricane Lane shaping like Crystal Ocean - a top class horse over 12f just being worried out of it by a proper boat. I backed Sir Lucan in the Voltigeur and whilst he was a tad disappointing there he shouldn't be more than twice the price of the horse who only just beat him at Goodwood.

Fev Rover is also worth a go at Leop based on the 1000Gns form.

Top shout with Hurricane. I think Outsider mentioned the third placer Count Dorsay a few days ago, so between us we had the first three in that.

Last edited:
3.35 Hurricane Lane - possibly one of the strongest Leger favourites of recent times (imho) and 10/11 would appeal to me if I were betting 'pro' money. By far the best form and by far the strongest stayer on dosage. If I get a return on the Portland I might just reinvest it.

Easy peasy. Class horse.

Have taken the 12/1 (B365) Teona in the Vermeille. Her attitude seems to have come on a bundle since the Musdora, and I reckon she'll reverse the form with Snowfall from that race.

Last edited:
1.02 in running Love -have been against the stable all weekend. Saint Marks Basilica was the difference between a Good weekend and a great weekend.
Have a look at the stables last 150 runners -if you backing them to level stakes you would be sleeping in a cardboard box.

Have taken the 12/1 (B365) Teona in the Vermeille. Her attitude seems to have come on a bundle since the Musdora, and I reckon she'll reverse the form with Snowfall from that race.

Great call. I bottled it and backed Teona W/o

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back