What are you backing Today? Part 2

Seasett 2.47L was a close 2nd in a better race than this, in a bog at Haydock. Not had the same conditions since, and his pedigree suggests he'll improve again for ths step up in trip.
9/1 B365

Good to see chaser Some Choas could run at Chepstow on Saturday over fences. I think a mark of 140 is just about right. Especially upon viewing how the Badger Chase form from last season has worked out.

Last edited:
Hong Kong [Wednesday]

1.15-Blastoise

Each Way @ 12-1 [William Hill]

Trainer's son rides horse for first time

Good to see chaser Some Choas could run at Chepstow on Saturday over fences. I think a mark of 140 is just about right. Especially upon viewing how the Badger Chase form from last season has worked out.

Some Chaos runs at Chepstow tomorrow in the 2.10. I think he'll like decent ground if it comes up that way. Perhaps a wind operation during the summer can bring out more improvement too. Worth a sporting bet at 8/1.

Last edited:
Quite like the look of Horoscope in the Challenge tomorrow. Chindit is fav so some unknown reason and the rest of them are a bit dodgy. Don't really trust D'bai's return to form and he's hard to win with and Al Suhail you can see ending up on the far side given his draw. The selection has drifted a tad but his form looks solid for this level and being by No Nay Never I kind of think the step down might suit.

I've gone with Safe Voyage at 14/1 to four places. He looks pretty much the forgotten horse in the field, probably due to some moderate recent form, but he's a serious tool at this level on a going day and should be fine in the ground.

I think he might be GATG. That win at Chester when we were both on reads pretty horrible from a form standpoint now.

Garrus for me in that race.

Some Chaos very well backed, (not my money) in the 2.10 at Chepstow. Into fav now.

Quite like the look of Horoscope in the Challenge tomorrow. Chindit is fav so some unknown reason and the rest of them are a bit dodgy. Don't really trust D'bai's return to form and he's hard to win with and Al Suhail you can see ending up on the far side given his draw. The selection has drifted a tad but his form looks solid for this level and being by No Nay Never I kind of think the step down might suit.

Where can you find out about rail placements before meetings. I expected them to come standside like they did throughout the Cambs meeting but obviously they didn't have a rail down the centre of the track for that meeting because of the main race. Draw turned out aces for Al Suhail but terrible for Horoscope.

I'm sticking with Snowalot in the Ceserewitch.

On the last days showing it will be tailed off but I always suspected it was being mapped out for a big race off a light weight. Trainers comments may prove interesting.

I've got the Sprint at York between the Irish raider Verhoyen and Boardman. Hills wouldn't take my bet on Wednesday night on Verhoyen, and I'm starting to come round to Boardman.

Good luck all tomorrow.

Let's make it pay.

Last edited:
I'm sticking with Snowalot in the Ceserewitch.

On the last days showing it will be tailed off but I always suspected it was being mapped out for a big race off a light weight. Trainers comments may prove interesting.

I've got the Sprint at York between the Irish raider Verhoyen and Boardman. Hills wouldn't take my bet on Wednesday night on Verhoyen, and I'm starting to come round to Boardman.

Good luck all tomorrow.

Let's make it pay.

Chris Dixon of racing tv said Snowalot one to follow after its last run.
I'm with DO in the sprint.33/1 about Fahey s name escapes me again.

Last edited:
Yes it was the way he travelled that was both encouraging but flattered to deceive as he didn't finish his race that well, not really running through the line.

I'll forgive him that. I hope he's in the shake up.

I suppose Goobinator is a decent price aswell given he won the race the last day against Snowalot.

Last edited:
I think he might be GATG. That win at Chester when we were both on reads pretty horrible from a form standpoint now.

Looked that way two out but rallied well late on. I wonder if the dip caught him out a bit. I think that might have been his first ever run at Nwm.

York 5.00 - Last Look 18/1, 5pl - doesn't quite qualify for the longshot thread but is a tracker horse and takes a drop in class with first time cheekpieces. Godolphin in a handicap...

I really like Calling the Wind in the Ces, despite him looking friendless in the market tonight and while the Mullins fav could be hard to beat I can’t help but throw an e/w arra at his other runner; Micro Manage with 365. They’re only offering 6 places but are way bigger than other books at 28/1 and he went off as short as 8/1 for the Irish leger this time last year and won well at Galway on his only subsequent flat start.

Last edited:
York 2.37.

I've convinced myself Fishable may have endured a hard race in the John Smiths Cup, and his rest pattern is interesting as he's had a 5-6 week break since his last no show here at York in August.

Overall, he has the profile of a bit of a dark horse or moreover a horse who has another big performance in him yet possibly before the end of this season. He's starting to show blue on oddschecker too which is another good sign.

Last edited:
Go Bears Go (Dewhurst ) quality gp1 form lto, and shoud benefit for the extra furlong.
25/1 -3 places B365

Last edited:
Back