What are you backing Today? Part 2

Newmarket 2.25

Sea La Rosa is a rapidly improving filly showing her ability in top handicaps lately. She steps up to group three company where her rating of 93 undervalues her true chance. 6/1 is a lot shorter than what she was yesterday but there's been two non runners including Albaflora so 6s is still a decent price to play at. Young Fallon does the steering.

Last edited:
Listowel 5.35

Be afraid of Scarlet Witch, which must indeed have sorcerous abilities. According to the form book, last time out she won a ptp by 12 lengths despite falling at the last. What concerns me even more is the comment in the irishracing.com preview that she "represents powerful connections". :ninja:

By the way good luck to Oran/Cantoris, formerly of this parish, who owns a piece of Rocco Bay which runs in the same race.

Last edited:
Newmarket 2.25

Sea La Rosa is a rapidly improving filly showing her ability in top handicaps lately. She steps up to group three company where her rating of 93 undervalues her true chance. 6/1 is a lot shorter than what she was yesterday but there's been two non runners including Albaflora so 6s is still a decent price to play at. Young Fallon does the steering.

I've done Golden Pass in that. Backed her before Albaflora was pulled so beefy rule 4. Her form with Free Wind must give her a leading chance and I think the step back in trip will suit.

The Joel is interesting. Master of the Seas should win but this is a Group 2 and it wouldn't surprise me if he needs the race. Small field not sure to suit either.
Benbatl I actually detest this horse. When I've backed him he's run poorly (like lto and this last year) and he was beaten by a Group 3 filly at Goodwood. I can't have him at a short price. So, I've had an interest on Laneqash in the hope that a mile might bring forth some improvement. He's out of a Shamardal mare so there's every chance.

Last edited:
Last minute bet on Stargazer. Kirby horses seem to have hit form and need watching. I missed Wye Aye yesterday because I was willing on Spiders Bite for Adam. Stargazer is a bit of a nightmare horse, betting wise.

Interesting late support for a horse I put up before called Pogo.

Been a crap day so far, coulda woulda shoulda backed all the winners again!

Come on Pogo save me.

Watch out for Naval Commander tomorrow Moe. Showing up as blue on oddschecker already.

Last minute bet on Stargazer. Kirby horses seem to have hit form and need watching. I missed Wye Aye yesterday because I was willing on Spiders Bite for Adam. Stargazer is a bit of a nightmare horse, betting wise.

What a shout! 9/1.

You're like mystic Meg, should call you moemeg from now on. Well done.

Not exactly. Doesn’t count backing it 10 seconds before the off I’m afraid. But he is a frustrating horse and I’m always hopeful that one of us backs him on a going day!

Howth was slow away in a Leopardstown gp2, yet finished only 0.75l behind the winner. Expect hpm to show more alacrity (first-time blinds) in a race AOB does well in, tomorrow.
14/1 B365

Howth was slow away in a Leopardstown gp2, yet finished only 0.75l behind the winner. Expect hpm to show more alacrity (first-time blinds) in a race AOB does well in, tomorrow.
14/1 B365

Ryan Moore appeared to give up on this one once it was clear he couldn’t win

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Does anyone know or able to find out what Ladbrokes shop terms are on the Cambridgeshire for each way purposes?

On their website they go first 7 places at a fifth the odds.

My family put a shop bet on earlier I just would like to know.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Took 14/1 (B365) Jon Riggens for the 4.35 @ the Curragh, last night. Now 8/1 tops and blue across the board.
Hope the apparent gamble proves significant. N/R

Last edited:
Mandoob 305 Ascot. Want to be against a shorty who ran in the Leger lto and the Meehan horse is unexposed and actually has a similar chance to Scope via form lines with Yibir

Last edited:
..and me, Euro, strengthened a tad overnight then weakened so haven’t added. Scope is all the rage

Dakota Gold at Ascot. Hope it rains but not enough for Tis Marvellous or Hurricane Ivor to be pulled.

Saiydabad in the Prix Dollar. Not keen on those at the very top of the market in this and the Aga colt is solid based on his win lto and his run in the Jockey Club where he came from a bad position to hit the frame.

Proper G1 performance from Saffron Beach. Hope some on here backed her. Well tipped up this morning elsewhere.

Back