What are you backing Today? Part 2

Yes it was the way he travelled that was both encouraging but flattered to deceive as he didn't finish his race that well, not really running through the line.

I'll forgive him that. I hope he's in the shake up.

I suppose Goobinator is a decent price aswell given he won the race the last day against Snowalot.

Splitting stakes between Snowalot and Goobinator today. Goobinator showing positive in the betting just swayed it and meant he needs including.

Good luck all.

Good luck today

2.25 Chepstow-The Mighty Don

Each Way @ 10-1 [Bet 365]

CD Winner on only run here

Looked at it last night and had a bit of a think about it. In the end I've taken two against the field, Real Steel (15/2) and Full Back (10/1). RS was running in G1s last season but has been dropped half a stone and now takes on much lesser company. FB is on a curve and starting out on his second season as a novice, the type I like at this stage of the year.

Last edited:
1.50 Chepstow
Valentino Dancer was fairly Impressive the last day at Market Rasen and can continue progress to defy a 4lb rise here

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1.50 Chepstow
Valentino Dancer was fairly Impressive the last day at Market Rasen and can continue progress to defy a 4lb rise here

Nutted on the line [emoji2959]

York 2.37.

I've convinced myself Fishable may have endured a hard race in the John Smiths Cup, and his rest pattern is interesting as he's had a 5-6 week break since his last no show here at York in August.

Overall, he has the profile of a bit of a dark horse or moreover a horse who has another big performance in him yet possibly before the end of this season. He's starting to show blue on oddschecker too which is another good sign.

Shite.

Mind you, Bay Bridge had strong claims. He's a colt on the upgrade having won another valuable handicap.

I can see him turning into a listed or group performer if kept in training next season.

Last edited:
Phew! Native Trail was a house and furniture job for me and I did shiver a bit when the second choked him off as he started motoring. Took him a bit to recover momentum , but all well in the end and his impressive performance can be marked up as well. Wonder what the stewards will say - probably leave it be.

Last edited:
York 5.00 - Last Look 18/1, 5pl - doesn't quite qualify for the longshot thread but is a tracker horse and takes a drop in class with first time cheekpieces. Godolphin in a handicap...

Pretty unlucky, I reckon. I went in again at 25/1 earlier this afternoon so the place return will be handy but not much went right for him in the race. Drawn wide, he never got the chance to get across due to the moderate early pace and was slightly checked at the first bend forcing him wider again and he ended up wide right round the turn. He was then asked to make his move wide and fairly early but managed to get to the front before his exertions told and he was overhauled close home.

He'll remain a tracker horse but shouldn't go up for this and maybe the November Handicap will be the aim. I'll be giving him a considerable mark-up for this effort.

Last edited:
Intriguing little race at Newton Abbot today where new kid on the block Bravemansgame takes on a couple of proven top level performers in Fusil Raffles and The Big Breakaway getting 12lbs from them. Will that be enough? The market seems to think so at odds-on and he’s certainly regarded as an exciting prospect after his hurdling performances. 10/11 may prove to be a steal, but Fusil Raffles will be a tough nut to crack if he’s up for it, as should The Big Breakaway if he’s got his jumping mo-jo back. I think I’ve talked myself into just watching it!!

A steal it turned out to be - and an impressive one at that

Last edited:
Leicester

3.50 Milltown Star is worth a bet at 14/1 on the early show. This horse was highly tried as a two year old, and actually had more starts at two then he's had as a three and four year old combined.

He put in two good runs in a class 2 handicap at Newmarket at the end of 2019 and then won a listed race over in Chantilly on heavy ground.

That was excellent soft/heavy ground form which is the forecast at Leicester tomorrow. He was gelded after those runs and only ran three times as a three year old and only had several runs this season as a four year old.

It wouldn't suprise me if the horse had one or two issues or problems while in training as he really hasn't been on the track very much, but that said, his last run when 6th of 12 runners was a bit better.

He's dropped to a lovely mark now, (an identical mark of 87 as when a close second to Tomfre in a class 2 handicap at Newmarket on soft 2 years ago).

At 14/1 I think he's the best bet on the card at Leicester.

Last edited:
Leicester

3.50 Milltown Star is worth a bet at 14/1 on the early show. This horse was highly tried as a two year old, and actually had more starts at two then he's had as a three and four year old combined.

He put in two good runs in a class 2 handicap at Newmarket at the end of 2019 and then won a listed race over in Chantilly on heavy ground.

That was excellent soft/heavy ground form which is the forecast at Leicester tomorrow. He was gelded after those runs and only ran three times as a three year old and only had several runs this season as a four year old.

It wouldn't suprise me if the horse had one or two issues or problems while in training as he really hasn't been on the track very much, but that said, his last run when 6th of 12 runners was a bit better.

He's dropped to a lovely mark now, (an identical mark of 87 as when a close second to Tomfre in a class 2 handicap at Newmarket on soft 2 years ago).

At 14/1 I think he's the best bet on the card at Leicester.

Smashed up into 7s already.

I noticed the move someone took the best prices before my followers could lol.

Last edited:
Air Raid 2.20H
Acts on gound - won this last year - ran blinder in a better race lto.
11/2 Wm Hill - what's not to like? :)

Last edited:
Sunday Sovereign 3.40 Catt
10/1 B365
Hope it wins (took 25/1 - 4 places with Hills last night.) :)
2nd - 7/1 Bugger.

Last edited:
I remember Royal Ascot this year I believe it was me and maybe forum member Reet Hard who put Dubai Honour up for a big handicap where he stayed on well at the finish to get a place. He's improved again in group races in France upped in trip so I'd like to see him go one step further although it will tough.

I also think Haggas has a live chance in the shape of Hamish in the opener. He beat a good horse in Hukum the last day and although Hukum wasn't at his best, you'd still have to think Hamish will come on a ton for the run.

I'll keep the faith with Kinross in the 2.00. He's not taken to France very well, but he did beat Space Blues at Goodwood which is good form. I reckon there's still a bit of potential in Kinross, though only christ knows if he can show it tomorrow. It's only 6 furlongs so I hope Frankie doesn't hold him up too far back. He needs to bounce out the stalls mid division ideally picking up the pieces fast and late.

Last edited:
2.00 Ascot-Dragon Symbol

Each Way @ 15-2 [Bet Victor] BOG

Give Oisin Murphy more reason to celebrate later

Back