What are you backing Today? Part 2

Sam Cooke (November Handicap) was 7/2 fot this race last year, but disappointed and wasn't seen again until this May. He's gradually runi nto form, ran a p.b. lto, and gives the impression of a horse laid out for the race. Likes cut, too.
10/1 (7 places) Skybet.

Last edited:
Agreed, Reet.

At first having remembered his win at York this season I thought he was a firm ground horse, but upon viewing his from he's won on soft at Chester, so he looks versatile ground wise. He's in the form of his life and must have an excellent chance.

Last edited:
Well, it was a heck of finish, but I’ll be damned if I could see anything wrong (without the benefit of a head on view, of course). The stewards must be eagle eyed.

Race 2 - 1:25pm
THE FRANCO 'FIREWORK' ESPOSITO IS 40 NOVICES' HURDLE RACE (CLASS 4) (GBB RACE)
An enquiry was held to consider the placings in this race after interference on the run to the line involving the winner, UNANSWERED PRAYERS (IRE), ridden by Tom Cannon, BLUE STELLO (FR), placed second, ridden by Nico de Boinville, and COMPLETE UNKNOWN (IRE), placed third, ridden by Harry Cobden. The Stewards considered that the interference had improved UNANSWERED PRAYERS (IRE)’s placing as, by hanging right-handed, the gelding carried COMPLETE UNKNOWN (IRE) off its intended line causing him to bump and turn the quarters of BLUE STELLO (FR) causing that gelding to become unbalanced, briefly losing forward momentum shortly before the line with the winning distance being a fast diminishing nose. The placings were revised as follows: First – BLUE STELLO (FR), Second – UNANSWERED PRAYERS (IRE), Third – COMPLETE UNKNOWN (IRE), Fourth, FOXINTHEBOX (IRE). The interference was found to be accidental in that UNANSWERED PRAYERS (IRE) was hanging right-handed despite its rider’s best efforts to correct the gelding.

Last edited:
Agreed, Reet.

At first having remembered his win at York this season I thought he was a firm ground horse, but upon viewing his from he's won on soft at Chester, so he looks versatile ground wise. He's in the form of his life and must have an excellent chance.

9May19
Chester (12.5Sft, RPR 95)

Sam Cooke surprised us last year with the speed he showed with that pedigree. As he's by Pour Moi we were fairly confident he would handle these conditions. He's likely to go up enough to get into the King George V Handicap at Royal Ascot - Ralph Beckett, trainer.

Couple of favourites of mine who are looking to recover their mojo If the Cap Fits Betway 3:20 Aintree and Goshen Elite 3:35 Wincanton. Can I resist. :whistle:

Last edited:
Quiet day for me.

Going with Farhan again at Doncaster and two v the field in the Grand Sefton: Spyglass HIll/TTGU.

1.25 Doncaster-Accidental Agent

Each Way [1/4] @ 14-1 [Bet 365] 9 places

Still got a touch of class

... two v the field in the Grand Sefton: Spyglass HIll/TTGU.

I had been muttering unhappily about the jockey for quite some time before he eventually baled out. Best horse in the field and would probably have won comfortably. TTGU just out for a sighter of the fences.

Hope somebody on here backed the winner. Never easy losing to a 40/1 shot :blink:

Last edited:
Fosters Island Kelso. Always make a point of backing Hammond horses when using Emma’s claim. Didn’t notice it. So much racing on today. Damn.

Got a few to watch today, but nothing really backable. Henderson starts off a couple of hot novices today. I Am Maximus 1:0 Exeter - highly thought of and talked up a lot in the press. Odds on, though. Gallyhill 2:40 Exeter - high class hurdler going chasing. Again very short price. I doubt either of them will be given a hard time.

The main one I’d been waiting for is Hermes Boy 2:30 Bangor, but it looks like everyone else was as well since he’s odds on and I’ll pass.

Last edited:
Don’t trust De Boinville at all on ‘I am Maximus’

If he has to get after the horse, i can see him giving it an easy time and not fully riding out the finish. Just the stupid backside bounce up and down on the horse looking busy. (Understand this may be instructions from Nicky)

If Maximus is to win, will need to be a bridle job.

Don’t trust De Boinville at all on ‘I am Maximus’

If he has to get after the horse, i can see him giving it an easy time and not fully riding out the finish. Just the stupid backside bounce up and down on the horse looking busy. (Understand this may be instructions from Nicky)

If Maximus is to win, will need to be a bridle job.

Absolutely, similar for Gallyhill

Gonna chance Falco Blitz today. He ran well in a nv hcap chase behind Belargus at Sandown towards the end of last season where he jumped noticeably to his left and I think 3m on a sharp lh track like Bangor will suit him.

Thoughts on Coconut Splash? Seen a lot of people mentioning this horse on Twitter.

Got to be the “form” horse of the race. Did well in some pretty good novice chases last term - only 3 lengths behind Chantry House at Wetherby. This is actually a hot little race with him and the two highly thought of chase debutantes in Gallyhill and JayBeeWhy. CS is the one who has proved he’s pretty good over fences whereas you take the other two on potential (sounds a bit granny and eggs, sorry)

Ps: I’ve talked myself into backing CS with Gallyhill as a saver - leaves the way open for JBY.

Last edited:
Not as forgiving as some are being with Maximus. The way Hendon talked about his novice hurdlers i was expecting more?

Unless Jonbon is exactly like his brother, I think this Firestep could be one for the Supreme from the stable.

Back