What are you backing Today? Part 2

Taunton

3.35 Cotton End started off life with Margaret Mullins in Ireland. After a couple of placed efforts in maiden company he switched to Sheila Lewis's Yard in England where he's won several nice handicaps including one at Ludlow in May, where he beat a big improver from Tom Laceys stable called Glory and Fortune, who won his next two races and is just a 10/1 shot for the greatwood hurdle this Sunday.

Now I know Cotton End unseated early on in a race a few days ago at Hereford, which will put a few people off, but at least should mean he starts a decent price. All in all I still think there's mileage for him to improve upon his current hurdle mark of 122 which still seems more than workable.

Last edited:
6/4 shots are not my jam but in a less than competitive race I'd make Fakir D'oudairies closer to evens in the Clonmel Oils today. I've put him in a double with Gin on Lime tomorrow as I want to take My Drogo on.

Yes good shout, what chance would you give him in a KG, Euro?

After today's race his jockey made the point that his 3M run at Punchestown right at the end of last season, after a good second at the festival and winning at Aintree, wasn't his best form. I agree that he had a long season.

He came up against an absolute machine on the day in the shape of Allaho in the Ryanair. Kim Bailey said he's never seen a Ryanair run at that sort of pace.

Last edited:
Yes good shout, what chance would you give him in a KG, Euro?

After today's race his jockey made the point that his 3M run at Punchestown right at the end of last season, after a good second at the festival and winning at Aintree, wasn't his best form. I agree that he had a long season.
Yeah, I'd ignore that Punchy run completely. I think 12s for the King George is decent value for all that he's unproven at the trip.

She's a little hard to win with, but Pink Legend has some form in the book to suggest she may have been let into Ascot's 14:05 today a little lightly off 129. Goes well after a break, and I'll chance her at 9/1 even without the headgear.

She's a little hard to win with, but Pink Legend has some form in the book to suggest she may have been let into Ascot's 14:05 today a little lightly off 129. Goes well after a break, and I'll chance her at 9/1 even without the headgear.

Nice one, sir

Very nice well picked

I am taking a bit of a chance on Pistol Whipped in Ascot's 2.05, I just feel his last few runs at the end of last season showed stark improvement and perhaps he can find the 7-10 pounds required now against these lot after his summer break?

I'm backing Bass Rock in the 3 mile handicap hurdle at Haydock, (3.25). He beat a horse in Teescomponent lad last time quite comfortably. That horse franked the form nicely a couple of days ago, now making it look like Bass Rock is still well handicapped off a mark of 130.

Good luck to one and all tomorrow.

Great to have the jumps racing back.

Last edited:
Bass Rock for me too in that race for the same reason

I’ve gone for Master Tommytucker in the Ascot race. Wouldn’t beat an on form Defi or LIT but has race fitness on his side and 9/2 seems fair

GL all

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I'm backing Bass Rock in the 3 mile handicap hurdle at Haydock, (3.25). He beat a horse in Teescomponent lad last time quite comfortably. That horse franked the form nicely a couple of days ago, now making it look like Bass Rock is still well handicapped off a mark of 130.

The jockey on Bass Rock might like another go at that race and would hold onto him a bit longer next time

Bass Rock for me too in that race for the same reason

I’ve gone for Master Tommytucker in the Ascot race. Wouldn’t beat an on form Defi or LIT but has race fitness on his side and 9/2 seems fair

GL all

Ah well we got a run for our money, Viking.

I think he was just outstayed in the end.

There's a handicap hurdle at Sandown in late January or early February called the heroes handicap hurdle over a furlong and a half shorter, (2M7F).

He looks quite a small horse so I reckon a speedier track like Sandown over a slightly shorter trip could turn out to be his optimum conditions.

Last edited:
Pistoletto 7.15K is in the form of his life at the moment, as he denonstrated with a cosy win over 1m at Lingfield, latest. That was surely an inadequate test for him (close up, in a red hot 1m3 race at Kempton the time before) and the speed he showed lto will stand him in good stead for this stffer 1m. Has the 10 draw to overcome, but has the ability and stamina to race prominentlly, and around 3f before the 1st bend to get organised.
9/1 B365.

Last edited:
Back