What are you backing Today? Part 2

Newbury 3.35 - The Cob (14/1, 5 places with some bookies) was supplemented for the Albert Bartlett and is probably some way better than his mark. He’s certainly entitled to improve a fair bit anyway into his second season over hurdles. I’ve gone in pretty heavily each-way at the price.

Long Distance Hdle - Thomas Darby 15/2, 3 places (Hills & Betfred). Easily the only 'angle' bet in the race but any non-runner will scupper the extra place concession.

The Long Distance Hurdle is a fascinating event with Paisley Park on the comeback trail

The trainer says he's no different than he was 3 years ago but I find that hard to swallow

She spoke about going chasing which I find off-putting.

Indefatigable may uphold the form even with the change in weight difference

However the Pertemps winner looks quite classy and won easily at Limerrck

Mrs. Milner to win:cool:

I've backed Indefatigable in that as I can't see where the pace is going to come from for the out and out stayers. Agree that the other mare is the danger.

Wtf was Paisley Park doing making the running?

Well done DO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great shout DO, Indefatigable ran a shocker but so much for there being no pace in the race. I couldn't have read that more wrong

Last edited:
Enjoy d'allen 211f 4/1 30lb lower over hurdles.

Glen forsa 205nc 6/1 missed the 12s 9s and 8s.i put this up on the longshot thread for the Hennessey.

What a night to have a storm in the Northeast, the night before the Fighting Fifth!

I seem to be the only person I know not affected by the power cut. Seems like a lot of people have no electricity in the Northeast area at present!

Some Chaos was pulled up the last day but if he could bounce back from that, (a big if) he could make odds of 66/1 look big in the rehearsal chase.

Last edited:
This is my largest bet in a very long time.

With virtually no chance of beating Honeysuckle in the Champion Hurdle Espetante will be 110% fit for this.

The Fighting Fifth is her Champion Hurdle if you like and she has won first time up for the last 4 years.

You have to respect Sceuax Royal and even moreso fear Paul Nichols with his going for 6 from 6.

Monmiral's form has been franked many times but having to concede 7lbs to the mare is a huge ask.

Espatante 7/4 looks like a solid bet

Decent day yesterday backing Cloth Cap to finish in the first 7, Fiddler Ew at 9 and Espatante dead heating.........not one for letting a good thing go astray I have put everything on Honeysuckle at 4/9.

Not want to appear stingy but I have her a 1/8 shot so 4/9 to me was a gift

I reckon Honeysuckle is very opposable today.

She rather scrambled home in this last year, and I’m far from convinced this is her trip. I also think she’s more likely to be brought to the boil properly for the G1 in Leopardstown, and whilst I’ve no doubt she’ll be trying to win today, I can’t see them throwing the kitchen sink at her.

Based on last year’s run, Ronald Pump makes some each-way appeal at around 20’s, in the first-time blinkers.

She rather scrambled home in this last year, and I’m far from convinced this is her trip. I also think she’s more likely to be brought to the boil properly for the G1 in Leopardstown, and whilst I’ve no doubt she’ll be trying to win today, I can’t see them throwing the kitchen sink at her.

Based on last year’s run, Ronald Pump makes some each-way appeal at around 20’s, in the first-time blinkers.

I like Abacadbras for this, to at least follow the mare home. There is a horse in there somewhere, hoping today is the day we see it.

8 runners now so gone Stormy Ireland for some each-way degeneracy myself

I underestimated her...should have been 1/20 :lol:

I maintain she will make history and be the first ever horse to win 4 Champion Hurdles.

This mare is indestructible

Honeysuckle imperious there.

Didn’t look good for Latest Exhibition

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back