What are you backing Today? Part 2

I fancied Demachine in the 3m handicap chase at Kempton - not declared.

I backed Thedevilscoachman for the beginners at Leop last night. Pulled this morning.

So the only bets are Porticello in the Finale and Secret Reprieve in the Welsh Nash

Bravesmansgame put the icing on the cake for me this season so I a, not about to toss it as

I am, not about to toss it all away...I have backed A plus Tard averaging 21/20 which would be really great if he wins.

The obvious double today is Edwardstone and Shishkin at evens. Both should win but knowing Nicky Henderson he will have left plenty to work on with Shiskin.

Won't be having fortunes on anything today

I'm still very keen on Secret Reprieve but the lack of money for it is a bit of a worry.

I've only added one more bet to the ante-post ones [in the WGN]: Diese Aba.

Last edited:
Well done anyone who backed Iwilldoit in the Welsh National there. Very impressive in beating a proper job horse. Nicholls must have thought his horse was a cert to have felt he could afford a 4lb penalty only to be beaten by one from some way out of the handicap.

I was very impressed by the winner last time and had a big rating for it but felt its price was a bit skinny.

I was never convinced by the way Secret Reprieve was travelling, certainly compared with last year. The lack of money for, compared with the gamble last year, maybe told its own story.

Last edited:
Watching Abacadbras with a close eye tomorrow. I still think this is a top horse and hoping the step up in trip brings out the best in him.

I took 20/1 for the Stayers early this month in anticipation of a run at the Stayers, hoping this is proven to be a smart move. The Supreme form Shishkin looks absolutely ridiculous with the winners out of that.

Watching Abacadbras with a close eye tomorrow. I still think this is a top horse and hoping the step up in trip brings out the best in him.

I took 20/1 for the Stayers early this month in anticipation of a run at the Stayers, hoping this is proven to be a smart move. The Supreme form Shishkin looks absolutely ridiculous with the winners out of that.

Best of luck. A sporting bet each way on Sam's Profile for me, hope he can stay on past a few horses towards the end especially if they go too fast.

Janadil was (or is) too big for the Savills for each way purposes and if the bookies let him go off bigger than 7s I will be fairly surprised.

Last edited:
130 to 136 is hardly worth talkingabout Outsider, when the top weight is running off 166 you are going to be carrying 10stone anyway.

Iwilldoit was hardly skinny after the trial he was available at 14/1 from 33/1as I remember

I found it odd that Ask Me Early who finished alone in a 5 runner hurdle race on the same card was cut from 8/1 to 6/1 favourite the same day

As it turned out he had a fall 12 days later.and when Fry said he wouldn't run the price of others were cut and Iwlldoit was then available at 7/1

Can't say I fancied the winner but I am delighted for Sam Thomas who does very well for the few owners who support him.

Last edited:

I did too after hearing Ruby Walsh reckons he is an ideal type for the stayers and any comparisons to Harchibald are rubbish.

Ever since it's easy win back in February I wondered if W.Mullins would try for the pertemps with MAZE RUNNER.
Tomorrow he runs in a qualifier and skybet go 7 places at 11/1.he has to finish in the first 6 to qualify.
I wanted to have £20 ew but was only allowed £11.36 ew what a joke.

Is the Pertemps Qualifier tomorrow the one for which it's always worthwhile keeping an eye on the fifth or sixth home with the Cheltenham final in mind?

Flooring Porter - He's 4.2 on the machine and I'd make him fav. He will likely trade much shorter IR as well so he looks a fairly safe lump/partial lay IR

Delta Work - APT should win obviously but I was quite happy with DW debut run this season, he always needs it and jumped well in the main. He shouldn't be 11/1 for this.

Just waiting for A Plus Tard today but to pass the time I am going to do 3 race treble eith win place only or dutching starting with 50 points.

4 places WPM's in the first 1.33

Ever since it's easy win back in February I wondered if W.Mullins would try for the pertemps with MAZE RUNNER.
Tomorrow he runs in a qualifier and skybet go 7 places at 11/1.he has to finish in the first 6 to qualify.
I wanted to have £20 ew but was only allowed £11.36 ew what a joke.

Oh well,back to the drawing board.

Beginning to give up with this horse.

Back