What are you backing Today? Part 2

‘Willie, will Facile Vega win the bumper?’ Referring to Cheltenham

‘He’s a good horse, yeah’

As good as his ‘get stuck in’ comments regarding Allaho

Gleeson once again proving himself to be the biggest prick in racing broadcasting. Delighted Mullins cut him off. Second time trying to stop trainers from celebrating with connections as horse comes in.

For what it's worth I think Willie thought he was being asked if he would win the bumper today. Which he has just done.

Gleeson once again proving himself to be the biggest prick in racing broadcasting. Delighted Mullins cut him off. Second time trying to stop trainers from celebrating with connections as horse comes in.

For what it's worth I think Willie thought he was being asked if he would win the bumper today. Which he has just done.

Agree100 per cent.

I think Crosshouse Boy 240L 8/1 has a chance tomorrow after giving it too much to do when fav for a hcap on Boxing Day.

Once again I'm all over Lossiemouth (sounds like an iffy disease) like a rash (as I was saying...)

I see no reason why he shouldn't be shorter than 2/1.

I don't know where he finds the races to do it but Willie Mullins seems to have an endless chain of young horses who have won 1 to 3 hurdle races already between last season and this.

Opposing them can be deadly but why Kilcruit was beaten so easily and they are stepping him up in trip to try and get him back on tracks so there's a few if and buts about him today

I will be taking a risk on Journey With Me @ around 11/4 or 3/1 to turn him over.

WPM rarely misses in Grade 1 hurdle races when a good opportunity arrises. He has found such an opportunity for Sharjah a 2** bet who well worth risking your dosh on at odds on.

Brian Hughes has booted hom 6 winners in the last 3 days while we have been trying to make money at the big meeting. He looks certain to add at least another 2 to his tally today

Soft Risk and Famous Bridge
looks like a wining double

Last edited:
I don't know where he finds the races to do it but Willie Mullins seems to have an endless chain of young horses who have won 1 to 3 hurdle races already between last season and this.

Opposing them can be deadly but why Kilcruit was beaten so easily and they are stepping him up in trip to try and get him back on tracks so there's a few if and buts about him today

I will be taking a risk on Journey With Me @ around 11/4 or 3/1 to turn him over.

WPM rarely misses in Grade 1 hurdle races when a good opportunity arrises. He has found such an opportunity for Sharjah a 2** bet who well worth risking your dosh on at odds on.

Brian Hughes has booted hom 6 winners in the last 3 days while we have been trying to make money at the big meeting. He looks certain to add at least another 2 to his tally today

Soft Risk and Famous Bridge
looks like a wining double

With how some of Henrys are running, would that concern you? Its a hot very hot race this on paper. No bet for me

2.00 Newbury
Pounding Poet can defy a 5lb rise and gain compensation for his narrow defeat at Aintree last time by a progressive sort

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

With how some of Henrys are running, would that concern you? Its a hot very hot race this on paper. No bet for me

Journey With Me Returned at 4/1 on Betfair and won easily enough..Kilcruit again failed to shine as if thought he might.

Never gave it a thought DJ as a lot of his are not that strongly fancied.

I remember Richard Fahey having a lean spell on the flat after having a great season the yaers before because everything he was running there OR's had gone up too much.

Haven't taken the time to check because his good horses are running well enough.

Last edited:
I am quite taken aback by the market support for Enemy Coast Ahead in Newbury's 2.00.

20s last night into 10s now...surprisingly not flagged up by Matt Chapman on ITV4 just now.

Last edited:
In this mares' hurdle I'm very keen on Heaven Help Us who I have clear top rated. She was 7/1 last night but I do fear Shewearsitwell for obvious reasons so I settled for 4/1 without the favourite.

In this mares' hurdle I'm very keen on Heaven Help Us who I have clear top rated. She was 7/1 last night but I do fear Shewearsitwell for obvious reasons so I settled for 4/1 without the favourite.

Nutted and gutted.

I admit even at the last I wasn't convinced she was going to hold on. That last half-furlong at Leopardstown reminds of the the last half-furlong at Haydock.

I may regret this but I am putting all todays winnings on Sharjah who is currently available at 20/21

I will be really shocked if she doesn't pick this prize up with ease

Leopardstown 1.45 - Run Wild Fred has already shown significant improvement into his second season over fences but I’m hoping he proves vulnerable to what were better hurdlers. I took 12/1 Vanillier for this year’s RSA after he won the Albert Bartlett so would be very pleased to see him turn the favourite over. I would hope he would improve more than Fury Road who had a second season over hurdles in which to improve. The other likely big improver is Ashdale Bob whose price (took 16/1) strikes me as all wrong and is a definite each-way bet but I really want Vanillier to win impressively.

Fury Roads cost me a fortune, losing at Cheltenham and winning here.

Means at least Fred goes to the NHC now and protects any mark for the National they might have

That looked a hot race. I had Fury Road second-top rated (to RWF) but the fav had already shown improvement from his hurdles form and I half-expected FR to improve past him but I wanted more from Vanillier who still ran well until the jockey stopped asking him to have a go at his fences about a mile from home and he repeatedly lost ground and momentum thereafter, bar maybe at one fence. It's entirely possible Vanillier softened RWF up for the challenge from FR but it didn't occur to me to check the colours beforehand. The winner was wearing the first colours. You can't always read anything into that but it should at least make you think.

I wouldn't give up on Vanillier. He is a lot better than the bare result and will show it as he gets braver at his fences. He's a year younger than the first two, after all.

Vanillier did soften RWF which was a shame. They set it up perfetly for the Fury Road dog to have his day. Vanillier will be at his best in the NHC with a bit of give in the ground. He jumped slowly when it mattered but the engine is there.

Back