What are you backing Today? Part 2

12/1 winner first race.

A bit of ropey jumping, did well to have competition around him, seemed to handle both ground and distance well enough. Seems like a horse that wants to compete but it's not a tracker horse for me, yet. Think the market might figure it out or it'll bust.

Oscar Delta in the Dipper. He was bad last time but I think he's worth a go at the price.

Alnadam/Galahad Quest dutch in the big handicap. The former I've had on my tracker since his win last back end at Sandown. The second franked that form nicely at Aintree recently and he ran well enough in the Ultima before his stamina ran out. Will put in a lay at short prices given who rides. The Nick Williams horse will be better suited to softer ground and the new course.

Yes with you on Oscar Delta. Good luck.

Kim Bailey’s Getaweapon, Exeter 3:35, looks quite well handicapped on last term’s form. Ran ok in opening shot last time out and has had wind tweaked since then. Come into 5/1 from 17/2 overnight. Never run on heavy, though, so a bit of an unknown there.

Good run to finish 2nd, but no coconut. Stays in the book, though.

Last edited:
Dreadful day for me rounded off with Brewinupastorm falling. Resolution for the rest of 2022 don’t bet when tired and hung over

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Coleman stopped assisting the horse 7 strides from the hurdle.

His horse is just in front and doesn't take off until the winner does.

By that time he's a half stride too close to the hurdle....not the best judgement on the jockeys part.

Naas
12:30 - Roseys Hollow (which I decided last night and was absolutely nobbed on the price this morning. I dunno whether to feel good I'm thinking like other people or terrified that other people are thinking like me. That's a bloody dangerous path for other people.)
13:00 - Lifetime Ambition (throwing money away, but JH is cute out. Just don't want to hear her daughter say it's got a good chance.)
13:35 - Stansfield ew
14:10 - Grand Jury ew
15:20 - Frazel Express ew

I've done Jeremy's Flame in that opener. Should be fav, 5/2 is a bit of value.

The Grade 1 is fascinating. I want to oppose the Mullins fav because honestly he was scratchy at his hurdles at Navan and whilst well in top at the end of the race I suspect the second and third went for it too early and so he was flattered. Then again opposing hotpots from that stable isn't the best of ideas.

I've done Jeremy's Flame in that opener. Should be fav, 5/2 is a bit of value.

The Grade 1 is fascinating. I want to oppose the Mullins fav because honestly he was scratchy at his hurdles at Navan and whilst well in top at the end of the race I suspect the second and third went for it too early and so he was flattered. Then again opposing hotpots from that stable isn't the best of ideas.

Jeremy's Flame was the fav when the books opened, and I thought Roseys Hollow was the value. I wasn't gonna bet on it this morning when I saw Roseys Hollow went into fav but I got a free bet from my bookie so why not? I wouldn't be putting my own cash on it, and certainly not enough to make the price worth my day.

The Grade 1 for me is a bit of a coin toss between the top two for me, it's your own theories that'll separate them. I think if one fucks up and the third fav doesn't do well 4/1 for Grand Jury to come second isn't too bad.

Theme Tune had a pipe opener over 2m3f first time out this season.

Jonjo like he did last season steps him up in trip and will be looking for a similar result today.

Guaranteed to be off for his life he's worth an EW bet

Theme Tune 10.5 win and 2.6 4 places.

Lord P 3.55K has improved since his wind-op, and ran a new pb lto in a better race at Donny,despite being slowly away.
His jock also gets 5lbs for inexpeeirnce, but still has a useful strike rate.
Sound proposition @ 0/30 best.

Back