What are you backing Today? Part 2

Lord P 3.55K has improved since his wind-op, and ran a new pb lto in a better race at Donny,despite being slowly away.
His jock also gets 5lbs for inexpeeirnce, but still has a useful strike rate.
Sound proposition @ 0/30 best.

I wonder if you guys can have a look at the 3:25 at Ffos Las today and tell me what you think about Bowen’s ride on the favourite, Alkopop. Thx.

Looks like I'm farting against thunder in terms of the market in the Sandown 1.50.

Gunsight Ridge was generally 6/4 and 13/8 yesterday and I was happy to settle for watching the race as a result but it's now out to 9/4 and I really quite fancy it.

Obviously I'm not about to try and teach fellow-forumite 'grannies' how to suck eggs but Gunsight Ridge's mark (130) puts L'Homme Pressé, currently rated 154 but 160+ on my figures, in here off 137. L'HP obviously improved from that run to his more recent wins but I think that time they met is strong form.

Looks like I'm farting against thunder in terms of the market in the Sandown 1.50.

Gunsight Ridge was generally 6/4 and 13/8 yesterday and I was happy to settle for watching the race as a result but it's now out to 9/4 and I really quite fancy it.

Obviously I'm not about to try and teach fellow-forumite 'grannies' how to suck eggs but Gunsight Ridge's mark (130) puts L'Homme Pressé, currently rated 154 but 160+ on my figures, in here off 137. L'HP obviously improved from that run to his more recent wins but I think that time they met is strong form.

Aye, drifting put me off, desert, 5/2 now - maybe they are nervous of the ground (due to get worse according to forecast). I was also going to have a saver on Moonlighter who I thought ran better than his 5th place looked at Cheltenham recently. He’s down 3lb for that and I think he’s pretty well handicapped now.

Last edited:
Not sure the ground is that much of a worry for GRidge, he ran well on really deep ground behind Gowel Road over hurdles last season at Newbury. 3/1 at Betway is enough to tempt me in.

Bavington Bob jumped superbly in the straight at newcastle for his 1st win over fences.

Back in the capable hands of Brian Hughes I was expecting evens about him today.
2.88 down to 2.84 about him on the machine seemed very generous.

Bavington Bob Newcastle 1.23pm 15/8 *** Star bet

Big ? today who will chase home Constitution Hill

Few quid on at 5/4 Mr Glass to be in the first 3 for an interest

Last edited:
12:40 Sandown - Skyace - 1pt each way 12/1 Bet365/SkyBet

Ground may be a worry according to trainer but she’s won on heavy albeit against lesser class of animal but if she gets through it today she has the beating of both Gauloise (twice) and Martello Sky. Ahead of them both in mares novice hurdle race at Cheltenham in March and beat Gauloise at Fairyhouse last April and looked convincing in doing so. Shame there’s not 8 runners for a tidy each way bet for this.

3:00 Sandown - Rolling Dylan - 1pt each way 14/1 WH

Decent course record and finished 2nd here last time running on late after hitting a flat spot. Carrying a low weight today and has a good chance of at least placing if he runs his race.

3:35 Sandown - Navajo Pass - 1pt each way 10/1 Bet365

Will love the soft/heavy ground and capable claimer helps taking weight off today. Softer the ground the better and with cheek pieces on today hopefully he can burn them off from the front and still be thereabouts near the finish.

Last edited:

I'm still half-expecting the money to come for this at some point. I was anticipating his going off at evens.

Yes with you on Navajo Pass, Nick.

Was so impressed when he won that graded race last season. I have to follow my heart and do him today.

Delighted to be getting 8s about Scoop The Pot in the same race as Tanlics selection. Hoping to get an excellent run for my money.

Also following a big market mover in Wincantons 1.30 called Inferno Sacree.

Last edited:
I'm in danger of losing my discipline today.

Last night with the weakness behind Gunsight Ridge I decided to save on Monsieur Lecoq (took 12/1 plus the boost) and now I've taken Paddy's Poem at 33/1 (to 3 places with Coral). I did look at it a couple of times yesterday evening but the form of the stable and the first time up in soft ground worried me too much. However, the extra place, the boost and where he sits in my ratings table for the race has me going down the sickness insurance route. I have it as an incredibly tight yet strong handicap which literally any of them could win. Obviously if the horse isn't fit or just prepping for something down the line then 100/1 wouldn't be value but if he's fit and trying he shouldn't be anywhere near 33/1.

3.35 Sandown
Backed Zambezi Fix at 11/1 last night for this (now 9/1 best) hoping the return to this C&D will show him in a better light than last time when he didn’t seem to get the extra half mile.
The quick turnaround is a bit of a worry but it’s a good enough price

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice one[emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11/4. Ridiculous price but to be fair he didn't win like an even money shot. And Bet365 pad the sp.

Bavington Bob jumped superbly in the straight at newcastle for his 1st win over fences.

Back in the capable hands of Brian Hughes I was expecting evens about him today.
2.88 down to 2.84 about him on the machine seemed very generous.

Bavington Bob Newcastle 1.23pm 15/8 *** Star bet

Big ? today who will chase home Constitution Hill

Few quid on at 5/4 Mr Glass to be in the first 3 for an interest

Well done. Shrewd trainer or what...:)

Cheers Marb Looks like one for the future...hit a flat spot but never touched a twig all the way round.

I had given up on Mr Glass being placed and didn't know he had finished 3rd till I looked at my account.

With having Dutched Jonbon and Constitution Hill a long time ago and backe Honeysuckle several times at odds against
I should rest on my laurels but there's no fun in that :cool:

Back