What are you backing Today? Part 2

I'm not a fan of short-shots (or of people who think it's some kind of achievement to tip a winner at short odds) but in the 1.50 at Lingfield, I reckon Faivoir (9/4) could win like an odds-on shot so I'm quite heavily into it. I see Shakem Up'arry appears to be the one for money in the race. Surely they won't run him again so soon after yesterday? So there might be a R4 (which might just be the reason for the shortening of his odds :mad:) but the fact War Lord is favourite makes Faivoir value, imvho...

I'm not happy at all with that ride. Never put into the race until the last 25 yards to get up for second. Obviously being plotted up for something else.

I'm not happy at all with that ride. Never put into the race until the last 25 yards to get up for second. Obviously being plotted up for something else.

Needed a stronger pace to aim at but agree he wasn’t put in the race until the winner had flown. Not the first time this season I’ve backed a Skelton horse that’s just been given a school round

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What complete and utter nonsense.....but what's new. How to stop a horse in one easy lesson by mastermind DO

He's having a go at me no doubt with his earlier comment

He's right:whistle: it's dead easy picking the right short priced horses that actually win out of the 5 or 6 races and more we get each day..he should try it!!!!! .

You gotta have balls in this game but also keep in tough with reality
having the Savvy to spot real value and being unafraid to double up exceptionally good horses and when to lump on

I don't know about other people but I like to win money and enjoy my racing

Not throw shyte at a wall and hope some sticks.

Put that in your ignore list and smoke it.:lol:

Last edited:
Needed a stronger pace to aim at but agree he wasn’t put in the race until the winner had flown. Not the first time this season I’ve backed a Skelton horse that’s just been given a school round

I thought from along way out Harry was holding on to nothing and was nursing him and kidding him as much as possible.

There is no earthly reason for him to have not being trying his best to win.

DO saying he's been plotted for something else is straight out of a comic book

The horse has one 4 times off 144 so he's hardly going to be changing much if at all and if you stopped a horse in a race like that to have apunt later you'd get half the odds you would if you ran him on his merits.

I'd say the Skeltons are one of the straightes people in racing and their motto like MJ's si always trying.

Brewingupastorm will be looking to put the fall behind him today but I'm giving him a miss and laying that rag of a thing Goshen who shouldn't be allowed on a racetrack:p

He's 1/2 to be in the first 2...ff he acts up as what has become usual laying him could be buying money.

A fellow member kindly pointed out a horse I had noted in running Triple Trade reappears today.

He seemed to blow up last time but then got his second wind and ran on well to regain 3rd.

Colin Tizard has given him 6 weeks to get over it and there has been a few quid for him.

Would have expected him to be out sooner so I'll be a bit cautious and back him EW 2 places as I want to keep my powder dry to back Rich Ricci's latest purchase on Thursday

Fair play to Jamie Moore for going so close. Goshen was being his usual up to his tricks again looking for somehwere else to be but on the racecourse.

Anyway another few quid in the pot backing the obvious......Laying him or backing Brewingupastorm again I was on the right track either way:)

Brewingupastorm will be looking to put the fall behind him today but I'm giving him a miss and laying that rag of a thing Goshen who shouldn't be allowed on a racetrack:p

He's 1/2 to be in the first 2...ff he acts up as what has become usual laying him could be buying money.

A fellow member kindly pointed out a horse I had noted in running Triple Trade reappears today.

He seemed to blow up last time but then got his second wind and ran on well to regain 3rd.

Colin Tizard has given him 6 weeks to get over it and there has been a few quid for him.

Would have expected him to be out sooner so I'll be a bit cautious and back him EW 2 places as I want to keep my powder dry to back Rich Ricci's latest purchase on Thursday

Triple Trade and Goshen both winning bets.....another few quid in the pot for Cheltenham :D

I thought from along way out Harry was holding on to nothing and was nursing him and kidding him as much as possible.

There is no earthly reason for him to have not being trying his best to win.

Well I’ve never ridden a racehorse but I find it hard to believe the jockey was holding on to nothing given the lack of pace

Mojomaker 3.15K Head and shoulders above these on form, had a warm-up at Southwell last week,and his owner will be mad keen towin this FTQ.
5/1 general. Nap.

So much for getting a price on Mercurey Ricci has just made it public knowledge on the racing post that they think the world of them

Only wanted evens but my bro already got a knock back for 250 NRNB from his bookie in Paisley so he looks like he thinks he could be opening odds on.....

There will be some loonies who will lay him at odds against on betfair for the odd tenner but I can't see any decent money being matched now.:(

Re-Bass Rock.
Ah well we got a run for our money, Viking.

I think he was just outstayed in the end.

There's a handicap hurdle at Sandown in late January or early February called the heroes handicap hurdle over a furlong and a half shorter, (2M7F).

He looks quite a small horse so I reckon a speedier track like Sandown over a slightly shorter trip could turn out to be his optimum conditions.
Hopefully after his near two month break Bass Rock will be entered up in this race at Sandown when the entries come out in the next week.

Last edited:
Danny Kirwan folds like all the Pumpkin horses in those colours when put under pressure.

Danny Kirwan wins today up against low grade handicappers, never put under any pressure and Magistrato (who more fool me I backed) empties like the **** he is. Those fuck1ing colours.

Huntingdon Friday 3.10 (Pertemps Qualifier) - Bells Of Peterboro 100/30 - I think this is a one-horse race. I’ve taken the price and will keep taking any price down to 2/1. I’m not into short-shots at the best of times, especially in handicaps, but I was deeply impressed with this one’s recent win. It will almost certainly need to go up the ratings to be sure of making the cut for the final so I reckon it will be trying, which is the main thing. Last year 126 made the cut but that was very much the exception due to the fewer Irish and social runners. I reckon this year it will be back up to the mid-130s so the selection will probably need to go up at least 7lbs. To do that he needs to win impressively. I just feel a bit frustrated that it doesn't figure in the ante-post market for the final as I'd want to have it onside ahead of this run.

Last edited:
Someone put up 250 quid at 1.66 on Mercurey which was snatched up more or less immediately.

Doesn't look like evens is going to be possible So unless someone has a rush of blood to the head I'll just be watching today.

I never planned to have a bet but certain member have got right up my nose for backing horses at short prices,

Well fook them because IMO they post the biggest pile of shyte in the forms history continously losing day after day.

I reckon there's a cracking 6/4 double today if you box clever on Betfair that looks unbeatable at Gowran Park the W P Mullins pair Klassical Dream and Merurey
The first looks like a steering job and the way Petrick talks about the latter he's past the post already.

3 star***double Klassical Dream and Merurey

I never planned to have a bet but certain member have got right up my nose for backing horses at short prices,

Well fook them because IMO they post the biggest pile of shyte in the forms history continously losing day after day.

I reckon there's a cracking 6/4 double today if you box clever on Betfair that looks unbeatable at Gowran Park the W P Mullins pair Klassical Dream and Merurey
The first looks like a steering job and the way Petrick talks about the latter he's past the post already.

3 star***double Klassical Dream and Merurey

Best not to run down any other forum members like that, Fist.

You and I can have a ding-dong and not fall out about it, but others may view things differently. Best to just focus on the racing.

Last edited:
Well begod. The ferverence of your post has me doubting my own selections. If the blood is running for both these it's back to ew bets for me.

Actually my heart goes out to some posters who take it all too seriously

as they spend hour after hour working out times ratings future races they are enterd for the betting markets etc etc.

What amazes me is they are so wrapped up in themselves they actually believe they are some kind of expert. despite losing their balls betting.

95% or more of punters end up losing and that includes us...I just try to stack the odds in my favour and over the years have been very careful
on what I end up backing as my get out winners. I always seem to find one or two that bail me out but anyone who thinks they can put up dozens of ante post selection
and expect to end up winning has a screw lose......ok they can say I only do it for fun but to me the fun is feeding my family well and in winning not losing.

Back