What are you backing Today? Part 2

An excellent performance by Metier.

I'd love it, love it if it came up heavy for the Betfair Hurdle, as I think he'd have a huge chance but I doubt it will.

Keep him entered up though just in case the heavens open.

He also has Boothill in it.

Unbeaten winning run has extended to 5 Since January 1st
Frere D'armes ***Star bet at Evens-WON
JPR One My first ***** star bet of the year @ Evens-WON
Ardhill *** star bet @6/4 NON RUNNER
Bavington Bob Newcastle 1.23pm 15/8 *** Star bet WON
Brewingupastorm 5/2 a ***Bet-WON
Mister Fisher ** star bet 15/8-WON

Last serious bet until Cheltenham is taking a chance
Hopefully Furtune Favous The Brave

Bob Olinger
Shishkin
5*****star double 6/4

If Bob stands up he should win and if by any remote chance Energugene doesn't turn up Shishkin will be 1/6
Both trainers are adamant they are going so I might be robbing muself of a better price but can't have it both ways

I've been chipping away at Jonbon on Betfair exchange while you guys have been sleeping. My play is to achive as near to 6/4 as possible in a 3*** double with Shishkin

I have already have a 5*****star double going on to Shishkin and I have also taken 11/10 for the QMCC as I am mega confident he'll eat ERG alive today.

Jonbon
Shiskin
3***star bet approx 11/8

Last edited:
had a small punt on Navajo Pass 2.00H to topple the shortie in this. Loves hvy, and beat Buveur D'air on it, in this race last year. Been quiet since, but he's only 6yo, and has first-time blinds, in a bid to rekindle his interest.
14/1 B365.

had a small punt on Navajo Pass 2.00H to topple the shortie in this. Loves hvy, and beat Buveur D'air on it, in this race last year. Been quiet since, but he's only 6yo, and has first-time blinds, in a bid to rekindle his interest.
14/1 B365.

I was thinking something similiar, Reet.

Don't get me wrong I think Tommys Oscar is a really nice horse but I am tempted by Navajo Pass.

Last edited:
Ascot - Stellar Magic. I was on Up for Parol last week and he sort of franked his form with the selection from Haydock (as did Gowel Road yesterday on a line through Mackelduff through which he holds the Skelton horse) Stellar Magic has had just the one run this season and is open to improvement.

Haydock - Empire Steel. Grassie put me on to this one when I was all over Silver Hallmark in the Rowland Meyrick. I covered on him and he was unfortunate. The fav faces a nightmare task off 163 and I didn't like the way Remastered finished his race the last day. Empire Steel has a lovely racing weight today.

Navan - Aint that a Shame. Was a fair bit behind GDC at Leop but he did well to finish second that day as Rachael was the only other jockey who at least tried to make a race of it with the Mullins horse. Before that he stayed on well behind Stattler (form franked since) and although he's a bit of a shortie I think 15/8 is acceptable given the level of opposition. The Bosses Oscar maybe should have stayed over hurdles.

Last edited:
Good luck Euro.

I have had a sporting bet on Phoenix Way in a patent although more in hope than expectation.

Fanion is the one I fear most.

See what happens.

Last edited:
14/1 B365.

I wish you luck I was thinking of backing him for 3 places if I can get 6/4. If anyone could pull the upset off it's Donald McCain but Navajo Pass
is so wrong at the weights he looks to have an impossible chance rated 16 lbsbelow the fav and has to give him 6lbs.

How that came about I dn't know but it a fact.

My take on him is if Ann Hamiltion thinks he is worth running in the Champion Hurdle even if he wins this by 10 lengths with his head in his chest
I would question her sanity.

Mind you if he goes up a couple of pounds assuming he wins well today his only other option would be to hump top weight in the County and no horse I can remember seeing has ever done that...1960 I assume was one

Surely a chasing career even as an 8 year old is his only option if he wants to keep winning races?

Last edited:
Cat Tiger just franked the last days form at Doncaster nicely, which is a good sign for Kalooki. I know he's stepping up in class but fingers crossed. I think Kalooki will out run the odds at what are now nearly 'long shot' qualifying odds.

Last edited:
Good luck Euro.

I have had a sporting bet on Phoenix Way in a patent although more in hope than expectation.

Fanion is the one I fear most.

See what happens.

Horrible. And my fault honestly, 3m+ handicap chases and handicap hurdles aren't my bag really.

I've had a small bet on Phoenix Way. Kind of want to take Fanion on at his price now, not convinced he'll take to Ascot.

I had it between these two as well but opted for Fanion (4/1). That was a supremely confident ride by Brogan on the winner.

Well done PW backers :thumbsup:

Fcking hell Phoenix Way has saved my bacon. I was well into Aint that a Shame at Navan - horrific way to lose. Thank god for a jockey I'd never heard of and Harry ******* Fry who I will never besmirch again. Possibly.

Horrible. And my fault honestly, 3m+ handicap chases and handicap hurdles aren't my bag really.

I've had a small bet on Phoenix Way. Kind of want to take Fanion on at his price now, not convinced he'll take to Ascot.

Now tell me Harry Fry cannot train a winner!

I thought he was going to miss the last fence but he's obviously a clever horse as he still got over it.

What race for the festival...the Plate?

He wasn't even quoted before today for the Plate very clever stuff by the bookmakers...

I just hope Fry keeps him sound until the Festival I really do.

Last edited:
If anyone see's any quotes from our man Harry Fry about a preferred festival target for Phoenix Way feel free to post up on here.

Last edited:

Bob Olinger
Shishkin
5*****star double 6/4
Jonbon
Shiskin
3***star bet approx 11/8

Extended my winning run of star bets to 7 on the trot :)

Might have one more on Mercurey next Thursday at Gowran park if he's not too short

Pleased financially, but the best horse lost, imo; mainly owing to his jockey's over-confidence. He knows Eng stays, yet he still managed to get the horse beat for speed.
Bet Tony Bloom is sick as a parrot.

Bob Olinger
Shishkin
5*****star double 6/4
Jonbon
Shiskin
3***star bet approx 11/8

Extended my winning run of star bets to 7 on the trot :)

Might have one more on Mercurey next Thursday at Gowran park if he's not too short

Very well done. What race did Brewingupastorm win at 5/2. I know he was 5/2 when he fell in the Relkeel

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just looked at my accounts and found BUAS what he is doing in that list I have no idea..he was my first bet of the year and I even got the year wrong LOL....your right he fell looking all over the winner.
I have so many small bets mixed up between them but I am sure I missed one other bet that actually won I will do a proper search tomorrow. It's actually tomorrow here already 00.27 Sunday

I just looked at my accounts and found BUAS what he is doing in that list I have no idea..he was my first bet of the year and I even got the year wrong LOL....your right he fell looking all over the winner.
I have so many small bets mixed up between them but I am sure I missed one other bet that actually won I will do a proper search tomorrow. It's actually tomorrow here already 00.27 Sunday

I knew I had a missed something..I had backed Mr Glass to be in the first 3 behind Constutution Hill a few times earlier in the day and when Bavington Bob won for me the same day I went in again on Betfair. Actually thought I had lost a right few quid as Shallwehaveonemore looked certain to take 3rd and I was concentrating on CH and never realised Mr. Glass had run on again. Not a star bet but enough to buy me a few seafood pizzas :p

Brewingupastorm will be looking to put the fall behind him today but I'm giving him a miss and laying that rag of a thing Goshen who shouldn't be allowed on a racetrack:p

He's 1/2 to be in the first 2...ff he acts up as what has become usual laying him could be buying money.

A fellow member kindly pointed out a horse I had noted in running Triple Trade reappears today.

He seemed to blow up last time but then got his second wind and ran on well to regain 3rd.

Colin Tizard has given him 6 weeks to get over it and there has been a few quid for him.

Would have expected him to be out sooner so I'll be a bit cautious and back him EW 2 places as I want to keep my powder dry to back Rich Ricci's latest purchase on Thursday

I'm not a fan of short-shots (or of people who think it's some kind of achievement to tip a winner at short odds) but in the 1.50 at Lingfield, I reckon Faivoir (9/4) could win like an odds-on shot so I'm quite heavily into it. I see Shakem Up'arry appears to be the one for money in the race. Surely they won't run him again so soon after yesterday? So there might be a R4 (which might just be the reason for the shortening of his odds :mad:) but the fact War Lord is favourite makes Faivoir value, imvho...

Back