What are you backing Today? Part 2

Ex Gratia 7.00N/c
Beat the fav, turning handsprings at Southwell, looks bound to improve on what was only her 2nd ever run, a rare traveller for Suffolk based Jane CH, and clearly held in high regard (holds an entry in an 11k contest on Thursday).
Sole ride for Luke Morris, who has a long association with the owner, and another big run expected.
7/1 888bet.

Ex Gratia 7.00N/c
Beat the fav, turning handsprings at Southwell, looks bound to improve on what was only her 2nd ever run, a rare traveller for Suffolk based Jane CH, and clearly held in high regard (holds an entry in an 11k contest on Thursday).
Sole ride for Luke Morris, who has a long association with the owner, and another big run expected.
7/1 888bet.

Possible improvers - close but no cigar yesterday :(

Cat 2.40 Mont Igueldo (6/4 mkt 10.15). 3.50 Lady Bowes (11/4 mkt 10.15)

1.25 Chantilly-Utopiste @ 10-3 [William Hill]

His first race under rules today, but showed promise in a barrier trial [3rd]

Schalke Brian Hughes
Mackenberg Brian Hughes
Kopa Kilana Brian Hughes
Monte Igueldo Theo Gillard

small yankee for an interest

Took me approx. 1 minute to chose them:)

Schalke Brian Hughes
Mackenberg Brian Hughes
Kopa Kilana Brian Hughes
Monte Igueldo Theo Gillard

Took me approx. 1 minute to chose them:)
Schalke Brian Hughes
Mackenberg Brian Hughes
Kopa Kilana Brian Hughes
BROTHER PAT Theo Gillard Correction

Took me approx. 1 minute to chose them:)[/QUOTE]

Last edited:
Annandale 2.15N
Classy horse bought from MJ for 82,000 gns. First run for Jim Goldie, but has gone well fresh in the past. Drop in class suggests he'll win this cosy.
8/1 B365

Newbury 4.05

I have a view on the 4.05 at Newbury tomorrow and two horses who I think can fill the first two places.

Risk And Roll is entered on Saturday at Doncaster and also has a Pertemps Hurdle entry at Cheltenham. He has changed trainers a few times but is still relatively young as an eight year old and he has seemingly improved since moving to James Evans yard. He was a good third the last day when unfortunately demoted to fourth place, but I feel on his current trajectory he can keep on improving and put himself in the Pertemps picture with another good showing tomorrow.

The other horse to make up the reverse forecast is Hurricane Harvey who I fancied the last day in the Skybet chase, where having never travelled he stayed on well for 8th place when at one time looking like being tailed off.

He reverts to hurdles tomorrow and if you look at Hurricane Harveys hurdle form, he looks really well handicapped on a mark of 128, especially on one particular run at Kempton in a handicap hurdle about 18 months ago. I am taking it on trust he is fit and well.

So we will see if Risk And Roll stays in this race tomorrow or changes races to Doncaster on Saturday.

I reckon a reverse forecast is the way to go tomorrow as things currently stand.

Last edited:
It’s surreal, really. There am I looking for the winner of the 4:15 at Doncaster - MOONAMACAROONA, btw - whilst Ukraine is being obliterated. How this can happen in the 21st century with the world wringing it’s hands and watching as if it’s a game show on TV is beyond belief.

It's not a very interesting approach to punting for horse racing enthusiasts, but although a simple, basic system it has proved effective recently by strike-rate. Swerved Doncaster owing to the heavy going forecast and just considered the 'best' system races for the afternoon meetings on the UK mainland. Market odds from 09.50.

Lin 1.00 Golden Spice (3/1)
Lin 1.35 Intervention (5/4)
New 2.20 In The Air (5/6)
New 3.30 Peking Rose (2/1)
Lin 3.55 Theonlywayisessex (3/1)
New 4.35 Monsieur Lecoq (5/2)

Comment: My staking would be J Ryder plan down the card stop-when-in-profit, but it lends itself to permutation bets such as the old Sporting Investor reduced perm for doubles from six runners. 1-3, 1-6, 2-4, 2-5, 4-5, 3-6 = 6 x 1pt DBLS. Guarantee is any three winners for at least one DBL.

Newbury 4.05

I have a view on the 4.05 at Newbury tomorrow and two horses who I think can fill the first two places.

Risk And Roll is entered on Saturday at Doncaster and also has a Pertemps Hurdle entry at Cheltenham. He has changed trainers a few times but is still relatively young as an eight year old and he has seemingly improved since moving to James Evans yard. He was a good third the last day when unfortunately demoted to fourth place, but I feel on his current trajectory he can keep on improving and put himself in the Pertemps picture with another good showing tomorrow.

The other horse to make up the reverse forecast is Hurricane Harvey who I fancied the last day in the Skybet chase, where having never travelled he stayed on well for 8th place when at one time looking like being tailed off.

He reverts to hurdles tomorrow and if you look at Hurricane Harveys hurdle form, he looks really well handicapped on a mark of 128, especially on one particular run at Kempton in a handicap hurdle about 18 months ago. I am taking it on trust he is fit and well.

So we will see if Risk And Roll stays in this race tomorrow or changes races to Doncaster on Saturday.

I reckon a reverse forecast is the way to go tomorrow as things currently stand.

GL Marb

Scarpia for me in this race. He was looking like running a good race last time until running out under an inexperienced jockey (although that was a long way from home). Hopefully a different story today with Nico in the plate

GL Marb

Scarpia for me in this race. He was looking like running a good race last time until running out under an inexperienced jockey (although that was a long way from home). Hopefully a different story today with Nico in the plate

I watched a rerun of that race last time, looks like a bird caused the run out.

I think Kateson is backable in the 3.37 at Newbury tomorrow. He was well beat lto at Ascot but that was behind three progressive well handicapped hurdlers in Unexpected Party, Fils D'oudairies and Garry Clermont. Tomorrow is a weaker race and on top of being dropped 3lbs since that last run he has a 10lb claimer on him.

GL Marb

Can’t believe Vive le Roi managed to win this. Having followed the horse over a cliff since he last won in 2018 I finally deserted him today only to back a beast that weakened like he was shot [emoji2959]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can’t believe Vive le Roi managed to win this. Having followed the horse over a cliff since he last won in 2018 I finally deserted him today only to back a beast that weakened like he was shot [emoji2959]

Oh Viking,never give up.
I'm sorry to tell you but today was the only time I've ever backed it.i was content to just watch the race until that Johnathan bloke on racing tv said I can see J.moore making all off 10 st so I took 12s.

Oh Viking,never give up.
I'm sorry to tell you but today was the only time I've ever backed it.i was content to just watch the race until that Johnathan bloke on racing tv said I can see J.moore making all off 10 st so I took 12s.

Back