What are you backing Today? Part 2

A stab at a yankee for me today:

Cloth Cap
Tamaroc Du Mathan
Espoir Du Romnay
Cheddleton

[Un]educated guesses really...

I backed Le Milos mid-week for the two 3m Cheltenham handicap chases, and whilst it’s a shade disappointing he isn’t going to the Festival (both NRMB so no drama), I have backed him with a fair degree of confidence for the Grimthorpe at Donny today.

Last edited:
Came out in front yesterday but more by good luck than good judgement, with the amount of seconditis. Go again today with the same ideas but just the first six races at Newbury, having swerved Kelso owing to the forecast heavy going.

Newbury (going forecast S) market odds from 09.35.

1.15 Indy Five (10/3)
1.50 Glen Forsa (5/1)
2.27 Punctuation (13/8)
3.02 Black Poppy (2/1)
3.37 Dorking Boy (7/2)
4.12 Soldier Of Destiny (5/4)

Comment: Down the card with J Ryder staking plan stop-when-in-profit. Also Spoting Investor reduced perm 6 x 1pt DBls.

1.50 Newbury Farinet 5/1
2.55 Doncaster Cheddleton 3/1
3.15 Kelso Severance 9/1
3.30 Doncaster Le Milos 4/1

All mentioned previously on here so hoping to be in good company. Either that or I’ve put the hex on them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blinded by the light at the end of the cliff Im about to jump. But, Itchy Feet is a bet today for me.

2.40 Kelso - Itchy Feet.

Also small plays on
N’golo - 2.05 Kelso
Richmond Lake - 1.32 Kelso
Cloth Cap - 3.30 Doncaster
Kateson - 3.37 Newbury

Small stakes keeping powder dry for next week.

Last edited:
I've done Itchy Feet also. Creditable run lto.

Kateson as already mentioned

Cheddleton can suck my balls after the last day - The Big Bite to eat the ******.

Can't resist a tilt at Canonized @ 8/1 (888 BET) in the FTQ (4.19) at Lingfield. Should stay 7f around this sharp track, and Wm Haggas has won 4 of the last 8 runnings of it.

Last edited:
Cheddleton needs to be moved to a half decent trainer.

Has to be one of the best yardsticks of the season over 2 miles in handicaps.

Always runs into a place or thereabouts but can't get his head in front!

Last edited:
**** trainer just like the bellend who handles Kateson. I ******* swore after I only had a small bet on Phoenix Way when he won at Ascot because it was a Fry horse that I'd try to ignore trainer misgivings. Bad move - the standard is ******* awful.

Fangorn 6.00S
Has the back-form to win this. Hasn't run since October, but considered worth a rare visit by jockey and trainer.
8/1 generally.

Last edited:
New
Add bookmark
A Dorking Boy win would have been the icing on the cake yesterday.

Huntingdon (going forecast S) market odds from 09.30.

1.10 Head Law (15/8)
1.45 Chambard (5/4)
2.20 Mattie Ross (7/4)
2.55 Petty Cash (5/2)
4.05 World Trip (4/1)
4.40 Celtic Tara (9/4)

Comment: System seems to be stuck in the favourite groove, but that's the way it is. First down the card with J Ryder staking plan stop-when-in-profit, then Sporting Investor reduced perm 6 x 1 pt DBLS.

Had a nice 3 figure lift from a single and a forecast yesterday.

Had the lot on Breizh Alco at 2.44.

If he wins I am having the profit on Dysart Dynamo NRNB at 9/4 for the Ballymore

Last edited:
Had a nice 3 figure lift from a single and a forecast yesterday.

Had the lot on Breizh Alco at 2.44.

If he wins I am having the profit on Dysart Dynamo NRNB at 9/4 for the Ballymore

Very nice ride by Brian Hughes who knows the course so well........roll on the Ballymore

Back