What are you backing Today? Part 2

A bit premature, but I’m looking at Martha Willow 2:55 Sedgefield tomorrow. Looks to me as though she might have been set up for her handicap debut over 2m4f after a couple of decent 2m runs. The heavy going may have blown the idea away, but if she shortens overnight from her current 11/4 it’d show some confidence. Conversely, if she drifts forget it.

A bit premature, but I’m looking at Martha Willow 2:55 Sedgefield tomorrow. Looks to me as though she might have been set up for her handicap debut over 2m4f after a couple of decent 2m runs. The heavy going may have blown the idea away, but if she shortens overnight from her current 11/4 it’d show some confidence. Conversely, if she drifts forget it.

Market called it, drifted out to 9/2. Didn’t go an inch and pulled up. In the notebook, though, for same distance and better ground.

3.37 Kempton - Annsam

Decent prize money on offer tomorrow. I had this fella backed for the ultima, not entered. This is better prize money and they exclusion from the Ultima may suggest tomorrow is the target.

Kempton 3.37 - I put up Kitty's Light on the longshot thread the other day but my main bet in the race is The Big Breakaway. Tizzard targets this race and I'm thinking of how well FOTR ran in the £100k handicap last week. So why would he hold this one back for a £150k race? I think he rates the horse a G1 animal (or at worst even better handicapped than FOTR) and I'm willing to pay to find out.

Last edited:
3.37 Kempton - Annsam

Decent prize money on offer tomorrow. I had this fella backed for the ultima, not entered. This is better prize money and they exclusion from the Ultima may suggest tomorrow is the target.

Seems big on Betfair. Worried about more fuckery from that yard after Secret Reprieve last weekend

Interesting from Paul Nicholls - particularly the highlighted last bit if today doesn’t come off

15:37 - Enrilo

He fell when travelling strongly in the Ladbroke Trophy at Newbury before a below par effort at Cheltenham a fortnight later. I blame myself for running him too soon that day but he is nice and fresh now after a little break. I’ve had this race in mind for Enrilo for some time ahead of another crack at the bet365 Gold Cup at Sandown on the last day of the season.

You could always rely on PN having ahandful of winners on a Saturday
just went by prices fingers crossed

2:25 Pic D'Orhy
12:35 Tango Tara
1:08 Hacker Des Places
4:10 Dargiannini

2pts yankee 22 staked poss return 742 pts

Majoring on Henderson today at Kempton.

Patroclus 1:15 - highly thought of and has his ground today. After the non-event at Newbury his win last time should have brought him on some. Taken 4/1
Impulsive One 1:50 - good win last time and seemed plenty left so worth taking a chance against favourite. Taken ew to 4 @ 6/1 so should break even at least.
Russian Ruler 3:00 18/1 atm. Probably finish up watching this one who is well thought of and expected to be much sharper than he was at Doncaster, but this is a much stronger race.

Got to support the Noted in Running horse, of course, so have taken 5/2 (boosted) Pic D’Orhy

Enrilo for me too in the 3.37 Kempton. I still have doubts that Nicholls has emerged from the doldrums but some of his have run well recently so hoping this one’s more forward than some of his

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
You could always rely on PN having ahandful of winners on a Saturday
just went by prices fingers crossed

2:25 Pic D'Orhy
12:35 Tango Tara
1:08 Hacker Des Places
4:10 Dargiannini

2pts yankee 22 staked poss return 742 pts

GL with this Tanlic and apologies for using this for my own question to the forum

Any thoughts on whether there is a better (different) way to bet in multiples when, as in this case, 3 of the 4 are around 2/1? I was thinking along the lines of just backing trebles & the 4 fold given that the doubles total 6 bets but you only get more than your stake back if 3 win. Or maybe having one (the first to run?) as a banker? Any more? Over to you fellow bettors.

What prompted this was that many years ago I used to win the Tote Jackpot on quite a number of occasions where, in some races, I would back up to 8 horses in a races but not fully perming the selections (what's the point in backing all 6 favs, or 5 favs given the minimal return of those lines?). Bit of a waste of time now as it was always the carry forward amount which made it so good. Also memorably (for me) I got the trifecta up in the CGC for over £4000 backing multiple combinations - it helped that a 66/1 shot was placed.

Last edited:
Kempton 3.37 - I put up Kitty's Light on the longshot thread the other day but my main bet in the race is The Big Breakaway. Tizzard targets this race and I'm thinking of how well FOTR ran in the £100k handicap last week. So why would he hold this one back for a £150k race? I think he rates the horse a G1 animal (or at worst even better handicapped than FOTR) and I'm willing to pay to find out.

It was always my plan to have at least three onside for this race. I've now added Our Power at 14/1.

I might try the forecasts and tricasts.

Speaking of which, are the Tote versions of these any value since the revamp of the system a couple of years back?

GL with this Tanlic and apologies for using this for my own question to the forum

Any thoughts on whether there is a better (different) way to bet in multiples when, as in this case, 3 of the 4 are around 2/1? I was thinking along the lines of just backing trebles & the 4 fold given that the doubles total 6 bets but you only get more than your stake back if 3 win. Or maybe having one (the first to run?) as a banker? Any more? Over to you fellow bettors.

What prompted this was that many years ago I used to win the Tote Jackpot on quite a number of occasions where, in some races, I would back up to 8 horses in a races but not fully perming the selections (what's the point in backing all 6 favs, or 5 favs given the minimal return of those lines?). Bit of a waste of time now as it was always the carry forward amount which made it so good. Also memorably (for me) I got the trifecta up in the CGC for over £4000 backing multiple combinations - it helped that a 66/1 shot was placed.

I used to keep a record of 3 5 pound doubles and a 10 treble that I would do every Saturday. I'd try and pick 3/1, 7/2 shots on average and it worked out 1 successful bet could pay for the whole year.

Add to that some winning double and you could make a decent profit.

I don't know if you remember William Hills Jackpot 6. which were preprinted and you just picked one up and filled in your selection. Like 3 in the first race 2 in the 2nd and so on. I started the day with Solar Cloud, Dawn Run in middle and Half free in the last. Jobroke was one of the others that won and Charter Party but the other one I always forget. 1986

They gave great bonuses if you had the 1st and 2nd or the 1st and 3rd and ended up with about 14k for 22 pounds and the lady in Mecca where I went to listen to the last race told me if Western Sunset had won instead of hald Free I would have had upwards of 80k. Someone actually won 85k the day before..shortly afterwards Hills stopped offering the bet.

Of course when you win like that you are always trying to do it again. I had a buisness in Darvel in Scotland for a few years and a lady had a small betting shop.

I started picking 4 or 5 races and taking a couple in both races and had a couple of decent lifts.

Then one day I increased my stakes and the first 3 races had won and the amount foing on to the 4th race was getting out of hand
The it won and the lady had to put out a small fortune to lay it off. She actually said if the last one won I could have her buisness.
The two I had finished 3rd and unplaced which meant I got nothing but she lost big time........I was banned ofcorse LOL

But it's damn good bet and of course nowaday you can get out after a few winners but money like 4k is perfectly possible and more.

2/1 3/1 3/1 4/1 5/1 for example is over 1400/1

32 5 pound accs..costs 160 pounds so it depends on how heavy a backer you are.

It's very much to each his own but being a consistant backer of the same bet takes some amount of self control and I simply don't have as much these days......(no comments please LOL)

I used to keep a record of 3 5 pound doubles and a 10 treble that I would do every Saturday. I'd try and pick 3/1, 7/2 shots on average and it worked out 1 successful bet could pay for the whole year.

Add to that some winning double and you could make a decent profit.

I don't know if you remember William Hills Jackpot 6. which were preprinted and you just picked one up and filled in your selection. Like 3 in the first race 2 in the 2nd and so on. I started the day with Solar Cloud, Dawn Run in middle and Half free in the last. Jobroke was one of the others that won and Charter Party but the other one I always forget. 1986

They gave great bonuses if you had the 1st and 2nd or the 1st and 3rd and ended up with about 14k for 22 pounds and the lady in Mecca where I went to listen to the last race told me if Western Sunset had won instead of hald Free I would have had upwards of 80k. Someone actually won 85k the day before..shortly afterwards Hills stopped offering the bet.

Of course when you win like that you are always trying to do it again. I had a buisness in Darvel in Scotland for a few years and a lady had a small betting shop.

I started picking 4 or 5 races and taking a couple in both races and had a couple of decent lifts.

Then one day I increased my stakes and the first 3 races had won and the amount foing on to the 4th race was getting out of hand
The it won and the lady had to put out a small fortune to lay it off. She actually said if the last one won I could have her buisness.
The two I had finished 3rd and unplaced which meant I got nothing but she lost big time........I was banned ofcorse LOL

But it's damn good bet and of course nowaday you can get out after a few winners but money like 4k is perfectly possible and more.

2/1 3/1 3/1 4/1 5/1 for example is over 1400/1

32 5 pound accs..costs 160 pounds so it depends on how heavy a backer you are.

It's very much to each his own but being a consistant backer of the same bet takes some amount of self control and I simply don't have as much these days......(no comments please LOL)

3.37 Kempton - Annsam

Soon as he drifted know he was fucked. Yard to avoid.

It was always my plan to have at least three onside for this race. I've now added Our Power at 14/1.

I might try the forecasts and tricasts.

Second and third. Fvcking typical.

Christian Williams needs watching.

I also wonder how much ground Kitty's Light gave away running so wide, added to that mistake two out. I presume it has to be ridden that way so I can't really allow it anything for doing so.

Smashing race, though.

The Big Breakaway looks a bit of a hound.
I've had CDN down as a non-finisher since this race last year. Pretty obvious now that he was put away

Majoring on Henderson today at Kempton.

Patroclus 1:15 - highly thought of and has his ground today. After the non-event at Newbury his win last time should have brought him on some. Taken 4/1
Impulsive One 1:50 - good win last time and seemed plenty left so worth taking a chance against favourite. Taken ew to 4 @ 6/1 so should break even at least.
Russian Ruler 3:00 18/1 atm. Probably finish up watching this one who is well thought of and expected to be much sharper than he was at Doncaster, but this is a much stronger race.

Got to support the Noted in Running horse, of course, so have taken 5/2 (boosted) Pic D’Orhy

Nothing there to write home about, aside from PD who saved the day (thx , desert).

Back