What are you backing Today? Part 2

Balco Coastal looked all over the winner at Cheltenham until he hit the risng ground and clearly never got the trip.

He's entered for the Martin Pipe but the way things have turned out that was never going to be and even the County over 2m1f might stretch his stamina in a fast run race,

The 2miles round Sandown looks perfect for him plus he looks absolutely chucked in off 134.

I've been dabbling all day at various prices from 6.4 to 5.8 which looks like a gift.

Now it's a case of having slightly more on 5 places to cover my ass.

Balco Coastal 4 **** Ew bet 5 places 5/1

Any profit will be going on to my nap of the meeting Galopin Des Champs as soon as he has been confirmed as a runner.
As will the x00 quid I won and last week and put on Dystart Dynamo at 9/4 NRNB for the Ballymore.

Last edited:
Same race, Skelton’s Lucky One opened early price 14/1 and is now 8/1. Transferred from Nicholls he has run unsupported three times this term coming down 12lbs and some 18lbs below his best. Given the price movement I think there may be something afoot.

I like two horses each way tomorrow. Both showing all blue on oddschecker, especially the first one.

Wol 1.31 Full Authority. Interesting type, started off with Sir Michael Stoute where he won his maiden first time out. Then changed stables a few times and now joined Jane Chapple Hyam. Gelded at the end of the last season, I will take a chance this horse has improved at home as he a market mover on his first start this year.

Sandown 2.25 I like the look of Current Mood. If you think you have got bi polar disorder you shouldn't definately back this! She is in an form mare who has run some good races this season and takes her chance in a decent handicap hurdle off a good opening mark of 127 for that man Evan Williams.

Last edited:
Bizarre wasn't it. They seem to all need about six weeks between races otherwise they blow up.

What's worse is there will be nothing in the stewards report to explain why. As soon as the horse wins a race The Fat Man will be able to tell us exactly what was wrong with the him. That's what makes him so maddening, he's such an aftertimer.

I'm probably way off and being harsh but I just get the impression that Nicholls is very frustrated at not having the quality of old and has in someway lost his appetite for success, he gives the impression of someone very much going through the motions.

I can't understand why Knappers Hill isn't in the De la Hey colours

I have a huge possie on BMG on Wednesday - there will be IR lays a plenty

He's said that if the ground went soft he wouldn't run Knappers Hill. If the ground is his excuse than I'll not be forgiving him.

It’s not the first time Nicholls “other one” has bolted in. Standard stuff in the Stewards report:

Harry Cobden reported that KNAPPERS HILL (IRE), unplaced, stopped quickly and Paul Nicholls' representative reported that the gelding was unsuited by the going, which was officially described as Soft on this occasion, and would prefer a quicker surface. The Veterinary Officer reported that KNAPPERS HILL (IRE) had lost its right fore shoe.

Last edited:
Although I've stuck with el paso wood,now drifted to 80/1 and think pipes other one has a squeak I have done Achilles.
Trained by Venetia got way back last year but was nearest at the finish off a mark of 142 and now has dropped to 130.
With the form of Venitia it looks to have a chance.

Although I've stuck with el paso wood,now drifted to 80/1 and think pipes other one has a squeak I have done Achilles.
Trained by Venetia got way back last year but was nearest at the finish off a mark of 142 and now has dropped to 130.

Ran well for 4th at a very nice price - go collect :thumbsup:

Last edited:

I cant believe I didnt put El paso wood up on the longshot thread,I could have swore I did.i went in again at 100/1 4places.was getting excited for a moment.

Back