What are you backing Today? Part 2

I cant believe I didnt put El paso wood up on the longshot thread,I could have swore I did.i went in again at 100/1 4places.was getting excited for a moment.

It was the only Pipe horse I didn’t back and I thought for a few horrible moments that it was going to win. Especially as I often back the complete outsider in races like this. W Hill we’re paying 6 places as well.

Birds Of Prey 2.20W
11/2 general.

So that’s why it’s blue on oddschecker! Just backed it. Not looking at race cards today after most of my fancied horses had gone by the second fence in the Ulster Nash so I’m just backing steamers (River Bray was the other steamer in that race so a result).

Last edited:
Anyone know what sort of team Willie could send to Aintree. Saw a convo on Twitter, its not beyond the realms of impossible he could win the trainers championship here.

Conversation cam about, which I agreed with, Mullins sending over some nice ones to **** on Nicholls’ parade :lol:

I dont mind Nicholls, but I hope he genuinely doesn’t have a winner at Aintree. Him and Skelton, do my absolute tree in.
If Skelton wasn’t such a **** arse, he could have won that mares novice with Elle Est Belle and he knows it. But went whimpering from the Irish.

Last edited:
Anyone know what sort of team Willie could send to Aintree. Saw a convo on Twitter, its not beyond the realms of impossible he could win the trainers championship here.

Conversation cam about, which I agreed with, Mullins sending over some nice ones to **** on Nicholls’ parade :lol:

I dont mind Nicholls, but I hope he genuinely doesn’t have a winner at Aintree. Him and Skelton, do my absolute tree in.
If Skelton wasn’t such a **** arse, he could have won that mares novice with Elle Est Belle and he knows it. But went whimpering from the Irish.

He's a million to win the trainers. He's too far behind. Even if he won the National he wouldn't win it. He is too invested in winning races at Punchestown and Fairyhouse.

Which SHROOD was that?

Which SHROOD was that?

Godolphin Johns post on Twitter, that I agreed with regarding shitting on Nicholls. I just read rest of the thread where it was suggested he could win trainers title. De Bromhead won a lot of big pots over here last year and got nowhere near.

Think Willie did have ago when the likes of Vautour, Annie and Faugheen were all in their pomp and missed out I think.

Godolphin Johns post on Twitter, that I agreed with regarding shitting on Nicholls. I just read rest of the thread where it was suggested he could win trainers title. De Bromhead won a lot of big pots over here last year and got nowhere near.

Think Willie did have ago when the likes of Vautour, Annie and Faugheen were all in their pomp and missed out I think.

I stopped reading at that name. He is clueless.

Whatever was ailing last time stopped her like shot but they've had 5 weeks to sort it so I assume she's back on song.

This is a very poor race so I am willing to take a chance with part of yesterdays winnings
Even after deductions there's been plenty 6/4 available on the machine.

Ile De Jersey 2 star ** bet 6/4

Despite having a winning plce bet on Mr Glass in the past I am not a fan.

He's odds on but I prefer Jonjo's Monbeg Genius who runs on good ground for the first time.

1 Star bet Monbeg Genius 2/1 BF

Last edited:
There's been a bit of a run of money on Paul Nicholls Take your Time but I find it hard to fancy him
Lorcan Williams won on him but was out on his feet after having to ride him like a man pocessed
Harry Cobden didn't show him the same patience with him and pulled him up last time out.
Or maybe the sight of a horse having to carry 12stone 4lbs has put a lot of people off the fav who has been drifting

However he actualy carries a pound less than PN's as his very talented pilot claims 7lbs.

Every ounce counts over this 3m2f trip on soft ground

West to the Bridge 4 star bet 11/10 BOG

There's been a bit of a run of money on Paul Nicholls Take your Time but I find it hard to fancy him
Lorcan Williams won on him but was out on his feet after having to ride him like a man pocessed
Harry Cobden didn't show him the same patience with him and pulled him up last time out.
Or maybe the sight of a horse having to carry 12stone 4lbs has put a lot of people off the fav who has been drifting

However he actualy carries a pound less than PN's as his very talented pilot claims 7lbs.

Every ounce counts over this 3m2f trip on soft ground

West to the Bridge 4 star bet 11/10 BOG

Can't have him today Tan...would be a max lay for me over the trip.

I think Genuflex (2nd race Musselburgh) could be a well-handicapped horse off 113 now he's back on quicker ground.

FWIW, I wouldn't be in the slightest bit surprised if the ground was quicker than the advertised G/S. No rain here for well over a week, unseasonably high temperatures, and a decent drying wind for the last few days.

Last edited:
I’ve done a Lucinda Russell trixie in races 2-4 at Musselburgh. She has been very vocal on how well her horses are at the moment, coming off the back of a successful Cheltenham.

Saturday
Alright Sunshine 2.40K
16/1 B365
First run since November, but hardly likely to send an unfit horse from Scotland to Surrey.

Back