What are you backing Today? Part 2

Lets be clear, I'm not backing this mainly because I don't back anything but there's a horse running at Sedgefield in the 3m 3f hurdle on THURSDAY called Gameface. This will be the firast time he has run over 3m plus since losing by a half length in a PTP to Monkfish beating Fury Road, Chantry House, Fiddlerontheroof and Golden Taipan in the process.

Market Rasen

2.20 Burdigala has dropped down the weights in a serious way. He's trained by Micky Hammond who knows how to get average horses to win races.

It's always a dangerous game backing horses with no form, but he's shortened up early in the betting market, its a small field with no absolute superstars in it, so provided you can get at least 10/1 on him, is worth a dabble.

Last edited:
Dont know if anyone remembers, but I posted Each Way tips for about a year with profit loss, and they made a substantial profit, the was before my betfair forum ban and closure of the BETDAQ forum, the good old days, could still do it but we will see.

Thursday

1.35 Chepstow-Major Dundee...currently 2-1

Had excuses for last poor run as finished lame, before that had been progressing nicely

If Capeland 3.15L is ever gonna stay 3m, it'll be in this small field, on this ground around a sharp track.
Worth a small wager at B365's 13/2.

Some very shrewd people on here... How much a week do you make from Gambling?

Last edited:
Lost £126 last week, won the previouse 9 weeks, biggest winning week was £376, this covid thing has hit my number of matched bets for six.... By the way, the paypal donation thingy is not working.

Last edited:
I can't understand why Masters Legacy is such a big price in the 1.00 Newbury. I'd have expected it to be trading 7/4 by now.

Master The Stars 2.15K 8/1 B365
Streamline 2.45K 7/2 B365
Just Frank 3.45D 5/1 Hills
Gone in again on Johan (28/1 6pl Bfair) and taken insurance with Haqeeqy.
Cracking start to the proper season, today.

Blimey! First day of the flat and I’m already having a bet. William Haggas is 3 wins from 4 in the last two weeks and seems to have his string well forward so his 7/2 favourite Montatham seems a reasonable bet with money back if 2nd or 3rd (sky).

I’ve been waiting patiently for Henderson to launch Jonbon and today’s the day 5:45 NWB. Trouble is he’s odds on which I suppose is no surprise given he cost £570k and is the talk of the town. Probably pass and watch.

Last edited:
Blimey! First day of the flat and I’m already having a bet. William Haggas is 3 wins from 4 in the last two weeks and seems to have his string well forward so his 7/2 favourite Montatham seems a reasonable bet with money back if 2nd or 3rd (sky).

I’ve been waiting patiently for Henderson to launch Jonbon and today’s the day 5:45 NWB. Trouble is he’s odds on which I suppose is no surprise given he cost £570k and is the talk of the town. Probably pass and watch.
Donny, Kempton, Meydan, and no Mick Fitzgerald on the Morning Line - as close to heaven as it gets.:thumbsup:

Earlier this year I mentioned a horse on this thread with a caveat of no recommendation. Stepney Causeway came 5th that day, a not uncommon fate of my horses lately. However since then he has won 2 races and is now as low as !0/1 in the betting for the Scottish Champion Hurdle. Highlighted for sentimental reasons I'm actually in front backing him for very small stakes. I'd be amazed if he won the SCH but hey some fun along the way.

Back