What are you backing Today? Part 2

Friday, Sandown Mile - Mutasaabeq 7/2 - Alcohol Free is odds-on but I reckon this will be a prep for the Lockinge, at least I'm pretty much banking on it! If I'm right about that then 7/2 is huge about Mutasaabeq who has already had a run this year and is in form. I'm in a wee bit heavily for me for the time of season.

Just watched the replay. Should have won. Not the jockey's finest moment. I don't have anything against Hornby but he was the reason I was against the filly. I just reckoned they'd have been more serious with the jockey booking if the filly was ready.

Very taken with Cash today. I backed him just before the race ew on the strength of his looks. Green and unbalanced through the race, he ran on really well.

Fair but he owed his position in that market to his win in a big field handicap on the same track a fortnight before. This is a different test and I'm always wary of that big field handicap form transferring to small field group races.

Fair dues. Travelled very well but just not at that level.

Blue Trail 1.50S 3/1 best.
Won't seem much of a price, but that doesn't nearly do him justice, imo.
Improving gelding which needs a good pace at this trip (has Dante entry) but didn't get one lto, in a slowly run Chelmsford contest.
Plenty of pace tomorrow, and 3/1 will look silly when he sluices home.
Sorry, I had it a likely strong pace, as did ATR . Far from it as they allowed Jamie to take the P from the front. :blink:

Last edited:
Very taken with Cash today. I backed him just before the race ew on the strength of his looks. Green and unbalanced through the race, he ran on really well.

Given his antics getting loaded and in the stalls he did well. Long as he passes a stalls test he’ll maybe worth a pop next time.

Simcock explained that he had never done that before and he felt he shouldn’t have put him through the stalls yesterday.

Both the favourite will need to be at their best to keep Sceau Royal out of the first two.

I'm happy to take 2.3 to be in the furst 2

Sceau Royal 3***star bet 11/8 to be placed

Willie Mullins sends FOR YOUR EYES ONLY to Auteuil 250 tomorrow for a 3yr old mares hurdle for horses that havent run over hurdles before.Rachael goes over to ride.€60,000

13/8 bet365

Poor fare today, eh? Still, I've looked at Wetherby 5:45 and am interested in Marbuzet for Easterby..

Trip-wise it's into the unknown but there's staying blood on the dam side. I originally thought that sire Farhh doesn't get stayers but I was wrong there; there are progeny that have won over this distance.

I've looked at his final run last season at Nott and he ran a stout race, staying on. He's been gelded since and he looks nicely tucked away down the weights there. The trainer is not averse to scoring early - season in this sort of race and Marbuzet definitely appeals.ew. I've taken 16/1 BF and I'm waiting for the place market to warm up there

Nottingham Tuesday 3:30 - I see Miss Marble runs in this, though I have never backed a horse for its name only and I am not starting now!

Golden Melody looks a big price at 12s and she is a likely improver this season. She started off with William Haggas, then had one run with David O Meara, before joining Tim Easterby. Golden Melody came to form at the end of last season, and I just literally have to pay to find out if she can cause the upset here off a mark of 73 carrying just 8:8 with the capable Tom Eaves on board. This could start 6's or 7s by race time tomorrow I feel, so well worth a go at 12/1.

Last edited:
One more for tomorrow.

Ayr 5:10 Shine On Brendan is another horse who has change yards several times. He started off with Clive Cox but then went to Rebecca Bastiman. He's now with Jim Goldie after a recent wind operation. He races here off a really workable or exploitable turf mark of 47. He was once on 75 after his novice races two years ago when with Clive Cox. He hinted at retaining some of this ability at the end of last season when placing a couple of times at Hamilton and Musselburgh. This race will not take the greatest performance to win it and Shine On Brendan stands out as the best handicapped to land the prize.

Last edited:
Cheers Tan, you mean Shine On Brendan?

Yeh it's a really low grade race though. Jim Goldie is a shrewd handler of these types. Too well handicapped to ignore for me. The wind operation might make all the difference.

Last edited:
Sunrise Valley 3.30 Notts
Promising last year, until undone by slow pace in an Ascot h'cap. Likely strong pace in this, and SMS won it last year with subsequent gp2 winner.
5/2 B365, though I'd expect it to start shorter.

Sunrise Valley 3.30 Notts
Promising last year, until undone by slow pace in an Ascot h'cap. Likely strong pace in this, and SMS won it last year with subsequent gp2 winner.
5/2 B365, though I'd expect it to start shorter.

Back