What are you backing Today? Part 2

Tom Clover places his horses well, so will take a chance on his yet to run filly in the first race at Brighton

Jumbeau ​@ 4-1

Well done, PB.

A strange day I think a lot of horses shortening or lengthening wildly, including Shine On Brendan.

Nottingham Tuesday 3:30 - I see Miss Marble runs in this, though I have never backed a horse for its name only and I am not starting now!

Golden Melody looks a big price at 12s and she is a likely improver this season. She started off with William Haggas, then had one run with David O Meara, before joining Tim Easterby. Golden Melody came to form at the end of last season, and I just literally have to pay to find out if she can cause the upset here off a mark of 73 carrying just 8:8 with the capable Tom Eaves on board. This could start 6's or 7s by race time tomorrow I feel, so well worth a go at 12/1.

Happy with that as Hills paid out on three places and she went off at huge odds. Miss Marble won aswell. Can you beleive it.

Last edited:
you mean Shine On Brendan?

Yeh it's a really low grade race though. Jim Goldie is a shrewd handler of these types. Too well handicapped to ignore for me. The wind operation might make all the difference.

Jim Goldie wins the race with the second string. Shine On Brendan drifted all day then started favourite. Absolutely no predictability in some of these betting markets. (:

Last edited:
Rebel Gold 14-1 e/w B365
Punch. 19.05
Interesting booking of Coleman, decent run 3 back over shorter running on, has won on Good. same run up to last years PU in the Novice Grade A Chase, so I would assume this is the target.

Jim Goldie wins the race with the second string. Shine On Brendan drifted all day then started favourite. Absolutely no predictability in some of these betting markets. (:

I doubt anyone connected got their fingers burned....If you are going for a touch you better make damn sure you fella has a stone in hand.....Clearly this was never the case here

I doubt anyone connected got their fingers burned....If you are going for a touch you better make damn sure you fella has a stone in hand.....Clearly this was never the case here

Bugs malon 600p 11/1��

I dont know why it wont let me put smiley things or other.
The two triangles with question Marks was 'fingers crossed'

Last edited:
Saturday, Newmarket 1.50 - Strike Red 11/1 - huge eyecatcher here last time and highly likely to be put up by influential pundits/tipsters. I can see this price halving by Saturday morning.

Back