What are you backing Today? Part 2

Chester Thursday, 3.40 - Pride Of Priory 9/2 - I suspect a price collapse through today. No indication of any movement yet at oddschecker but my gut tells me this one might end up in something like the Magnet Cup so 85 here looks very low.

Chester Thursday, 3.40 - Pride Of Priory 9/2 - I suspect a price collapse through today. No indication of any movement yet at oddschecker but my gut tells me this one might end up in something like the Magnet Cup so 85 here looks very low.

Punted into 5/2 so I got the price collapse right but ran too free and beaten by miles.

Punted into 5/2 so I got the price collapse right but ran too free and beaten by miles.

“ Shortly after the start, PRIDE OF PRIORY, unplaced, lugged sharply right-handed away from DIDEROT, unplaced, at the same time as AASHEQ (IRE), placed fifth, edged slightly left-handed causing GROUP ONE POWER, placed seventh, to be checked by its rider after running out of racing room, but after viewing a recording of the incident, it was found that no riding offence was involved and that it had not improved the placing of AASHEQ (IRE).

An enquiry was held to consider interference approaching the first bend involving DIDEROT, unplaced, ridden by Daniel Muscutt, PRIDE OF PRIORY, unplaced, ridden by Tom Marquand, RESTORER, placed fourth, ridden by Richard Kingscote, and FAIRMAC, unplaced, ridden by Franny Norton. The interference was found to be accidental as in a tightly packed field, a hard pulling PRIDE OF PRIORY moved right-handed when being restrained by Marquand at the same time as Norton rode FAIRMAC forward into a narrowing but legitimate gap between RESTORER and PRIDE OF PRIORY. Shortly afterwards FAIRMAC then commenced to over-race itself and a free-running DIDEROT shifted right-handed towards PRIDE OF PRIORY from the inside at the same time as RESTORER edged slightly left-handed from the outside resulting in DIDEROT having to be checked, whilst both FAIRMAC and PRIDE OF PRIORY were severely hampered for some distance when badly buffeted around between runners. GROUP ONE POWER, which was following the incident was checked off heels as a consequence and ENFRANCHISE (IRE), placed eighth, was carried very wide by FAIRMAC thereafter failing to negotiate the first turn having suffered interference.”

Tomorrow, Swinton Hurdle - Miss Heritage 16/1 - Her very high mark arises from her latest run when she hammered Miranda (OR 146), Western Vicotry (142) and Anna Bunina (135) by 15 lengths and more. The form is probably not reliable but I’m willing to pay to find out. The fact that she has been kept off the track since then (January) might be with a view to protecting her mark for this valuable prize. If that form can be taken literally, she has a stone in hand of everything else.

Last edited:
I've gone for The Turpinator in the Victoria Cup.

His two runs this season have been very good with a win and then a good sixth in a handicap at Newbury behind Modern News. I just feel with his profile he could still improve a big amount in his next few starts. He's very unexposed still I reckon.

Last edited:
Al Aasy goes well fresh and should be odds-on imo for the Buckhounds at Ascot. I've doubled him with tracker horse Aussie Banker at Nottingham.

My selections may be short at times but there are more than a few get beat in a day.

It all about patience and wating for the right horse.

Everthing points to Chimed 2.06 in next at Nottingham

Last edited:
I've gone for The Turpinator in the Victoria Cup.

His two runs this season have been very good with a win and then a good sixth in a handicap at Newbury behind Modern News. I just feel with his profile he could still improve a big amount in his next few starts. He's very unexposed still I reckon.

Yes I agree with that mate.he was well backed last time.

Tomorrow, Swinton Hurdle - Miss Heritage 16/1 - Her very high mark arises from her latest run when she hammered Miranda (OR 146), Western Vicotry (142) and Anna Bunina (135) by 15 lengths and more. The form is probably not reliable but I’m willing to pay to find out. The fact that she has been kept off the track since then (January) might be with a view to protecting her mark for this valuable prize. If that form can be taken literally, she has a stone in hand of everything else.

Out to 28/1. I've gone in again.

Al Aasy goes well fresh and should be odds-on imo for the Buckhounds at Ascot. I've doubled him with tracker horse Aussie Banker at Nottingham.
GL Euro, though he's clear on class they're unlikely to knock him out today, with a Hardwicke entry next month.

Not often I'd bet 2 in one race, but I can't ignore Frankie's claims on Magical Morning, could be well drawn too.
18/1 6pl Betfair.

Last edited:

Out to 28/1. I've gone in again.

Back into 16s tops, 14s generally. That's a bit more promising.

Swinton Hurdle Cormier who's a very nice horse witha big future
ran a very good race when 7th behind Stateman in the County Hurdle.

Dropped in class plus dropped 1lb by the handicapper puts him right in the picture

Cormier 11/1 EW 5 places 888sport

Victoria Cup

Very easy way to ensure you don't lose money in this race is don't be stupid enough to have a bet in it.

Ignoring that advice I am having a fiver EW on Haley on Chiefofchiefs SP

Last edited:
Swinton Hurdle Cormier who's a very nice horse witha big future
ran a very good race when 7th behind Stateman in the County Hurdle.

Dropped in class plus dropped 1lb by the handicapper puts him right in the picture

Cormier 11/1 EW 5 places 888sport

I’ve backed Cormier too. Thought his County Hurdle run could be marked up a bit as he was inconvenienced by the Gigginstown horse going to the last

Also thought Herbiers had an each way chance although the drift from 10/1 on Thursday out to 18/1 is concerning

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back