What are you backing Today? Part 2

Lol well done Jinny I think it was all in the gelding op and being trained by one of the shrewdest and most understated trainers in both the flat and jumps game, Ian Williams.

Wishing I'd backed it of course!

Yes I rate him very highly especially with new recruits from France as this was. And usually over a mile and a half plus.

Well done jinny.

I've had a peak York experience - getting 5/1 ap about a Meehan horse that starts 6/4 ish and not even getting place money.

Added Golden Voice in the 4.00 at Sandown. Form boost from Bullet Force who ran a stormer from a terrible draw.

Last edited:
Tomorrow, Chester 3.20 - Outgate 7/1 (boosted to 15/2) - I'll probably get a tracker alert for this one this evening and I'm pretty sure I put it on the 'strong form' thread (I know I mentioned it somewhere). I’m just keeping an eye out for Ascot entries for Outgate as I thought he might be a good thing in the Britannia. I don’t think the entries are published yet but they should be by Saturday. Then again, this race is probably worth at least as much and might not be as competitive. Last year the Britannia was worth ‘only’ £41k to the winner (this one is worth over £51k). I’m very keen on Outgate because I think his Haydock form with Mighty Ulysses is Group form and I’ve backed the latter at long odds for the St James’s Palace but we’ll see. In any event, I’ve taken 15/2 BOG with Ladbrokes. I wouldn't be surprised if one or more of Kealy, Segal or Rowlands puts him up later today.

Very nice D.looks like you are having a very good day.well done.

I quite like Devaste in the 3.50 at York. He has been in good form and certainly ticks the consistency box. Lets see if he can make the most of a very light weight.

Devaste ran respectably today. He also holds an entry for Friday at Royal Ascot over the five furlongs in the 6.10. He's consistent, who not eh.

This is another horse I have just scribbled down on my notepad...

Last edited:
Harry's ******* Three will be a group horse next season if not by the end of this season. Form is bombproof.

I haven't gone into a Royal Ascot as sweet on a few different horses as I am this year. Its as if the stars are aligning...

Just wish my betting tank was bigger truth be told..

Last edited:
Harry Three, off 97, was pretty impressive, I have to say, but will go up around 10lbs for that so not really much to find beyond that to improve into Group company. Devaste ran a great race too, confirming that it's on the up too.

What about Devaste next week over five furlongs, DO?

We don't know the full field yet but if he lines up he must have a very good each way chance.

Last edited:
Harry's ******* Three will be a group horse next season if not by the end of this season. Form is bombproof.

I haven't gone into a Royal Ascot as sweet on a few different horses as I am this year. Its as if the stars are aligning...

Just wish my betting tank was bigger truth be told..

Harry Three and Golden Voice winning has given me some eye watering Ascot positions. Important week coming up.

What about Devaste next week over five furlongs, DO?

We don't know the full field yet but if he lines up he must have a very good each way chance.

Today's top horse was rated 99. If the current top one stands his ground he'll be 107. That equates to another step up in class. If he couldn't win today he won't win next week, I reckon.

Yes definately would be thinking of the each way, DO. The fact he stays 6 furlongs might be a good thing for the 5F race next week.

He needs to be handier to the pace and ridden as if he stays further than five furlongs, (which he obviously does).

Last edited:
Harry Three and Golden Voice winning has given me some eye watering Ascot positions. Important week coming up.

Yea feel free to put your positions or at least the horses involved in them rather than any specific numbers on the Royal Ascot thread in the next few days as I am sure many would find it of interest.

Last edited:
What do you have marked down for the Duke Of Cambridge. I am sweet on Sibila Spain I reckon she's going to run a massive race.

Last edited:
Back