What are you backing Today? Part 2

I hate it when two from my tracker turn up in the same race, Windsor 7:35. Both La Yakel and Bling on the Music showed promise last time. LY is odds on favourite and will be very difficult to beat, but I’m going to chance Bling on the Music @ 11/4, not for a full bet, though.

Last edited:
I hate it when two from my tracker turn up in the same race, Windsor 7:35. Both La Yakel and Bling on the Music showed promise last time. LY is odds on favourite and will be very difficult to beat, but I’m going to chance Bling on the Music @ 11/4, not for a full bet, though.

Looked a two horse race according to the market. I picked the right one and he looked to have got the better of the winner, but just couldn't last out. Bit disappointed with La Yakel, too, TM was hard at work on him very early. I’ll give BOTM another chance.

Last edited:
It’s a long way to Carlisle, especially with diesel the price it is. Armour Propre 1:20. Looked a professional amongst amateurs in her debut run at Salisbury where she led until well inside the final furlong before giving best and was not knocked about. 3/1 early price.

1.35 Worcester
Texard ran well for a long way in a better race at Aintree last time and can open his account in the UK here with the capable Philip Armson up

7/2 generally

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
1.35 Worcester
Texard ran well for a long way in a better race at Aintree last time and can open his account in the UK here with the capable Philip Armson up

7/2 generally

That went well. Dining on value again [emoji35]

It’s a long way to Carlisle, especially with diesel the price it is. Armour Propre 1:20. Looked a professional amongst amateurs in her debut run at Salisbury where she led until well inside the final furlong before giving best and was not knocked about. 3/1 early price.

ran on, just denied

I have been through the afternoon cards tomorrow. Here's a few I fancy.

Newcastle

2:45 La Tihaty is very appealing for a bet as he has some excellent all weather form going back to early 2021. Basically he put in two poor efforts in March and April, but he's been gelded since and I feel he can get back to winning ways now after a decent break off the track. The Godolphin favourite could well win although he's unproven on this surface and I think La Tihaty is good value at 9/1 whether he wins or loses, I feel he's the right bet in this race.

3:20 Mega Marvel gets my vote as he's been dropped a few pounds in the handicap and although in his limited career thus far he has no good turf form to speak of, he did win here at Newcastle on only his second start, so he must like this place and this surface.

Newmarket

4:20 Recurrent Dream has come over from Ireland from Ger Lyons yard now trained by Alice Haynes. All we can really take out of his limited career in Ireland is that he knows how to win, having won twice, and now gelded hopefully he can build on that in what is his first start in the U.K. It seems to me a mark of 83 is a good fair mark for him to try and exploit here.

4:55 Far Too Beautiful is a horse who is sliding down the handicap but warrants some respect as his last effort was actually decent as he was staying on quite well, looking like todays trip of two miles would suit him well. He wore the first time cheekpieces that day and wears them again here. I reckon he'll go close off this mark.

Fingers crossed tomorrow.

Last edited:
Thundering 1:00 Newcastle. Debut handicap after running pretty well in maiden and novices. Due to go up 2lb. 3/1 atm.

Last edited:
I have been through the afternoon cards tomorrow. Here's a few I fancy.

Newcastle

2:45 La Tihaty is very appealing for a bet as he has some excellent all weather form going back to early 2021. Basically he put in two poor efforts in March and April, but he's been gelded since and I feel he can get back to winning ways now after a decent break off the track. The Godolphin favourite could well win although he's unproven on this surface and I think La Tihaty is good value at 9/1 whether he wins or loses, I feel he's the right bet in this race.

3:20 Mega Marvel gets my vote as he's been dropped a few pounds in the handicap and although in his limited career thus far he has no good turf form to speak of, he did win here at Newcastle on only his second start, so he must like this place and this surface.

Newmarket

4:20 Recurrent Dream has come over from Ireland from Ger Lyons yard now trained by Alice Haynes. All we can really take out of his limited career in Ireland is that he knows how to win, having won twice, and now gelded hopefully he can build on that in what is his first start in the U.K. It seems to me a mark of 83 is a good fair mark for him to try and exploit here.

4:55 Far Too Beautiful is a horse who is sliding down the handicap but warrants some respect as his last effort was actually decent as he was staying on quite well, looking like todays trip of two miles would suit him well. He wore the first time cheekpieces that day and wears them again here. I reckon he'll go close off this mark.

Fingers crossed tomorrow.

All each prices so did them each way.

Mega Marvel is the one I'm watching with interest the most as he's best backed in the market. I have double figure prices on him each way.

Good luck all today.

Last edited:
Thundering 1:00 Newcastle. Debut handicap after running pretty well in maiden and novices. Due to go up 2lb. 3/1 atm.

Fantastic shout, Barj.

Posters are sometimes looked at a bit oddly if they put up relatively short priced horses up but a 3/1 winner is a good 3/1 winner.

As Slim said before. There's an art to it.

Keep posting and try to keep it going! :)

Last edited:
Fantastic shout, Barj.

Posters are sometimes looked at a bit oddly if they put up relatively short priced horses up but a 3/1 winner is a good 3/1 winner.

As Slim said before. There's an art to it.

Keep posting and try to keep it going! :)

Thx. I did put up a 7/1 the other day - that’s a long shot for me :D

Last edited:
I’ve been waiting for Hannon’s Mugader 3:55 Doncaster to go over a longer trip and he is down from 13/2 early price to 4/1 atm. There’s a few others with unknown potential at this trip so it won’t be a full bet.

Newcastle 6.35 - Illusionist really stepped up when winning after his winter break the last day at York. After another nice 44 day break I think he is a fascinating contender in this sprint and fancy him to score again if in the same sort of form. At 9/1 or thereabouts I am happy to pay to find out.

Last edited:
Newcastle 7.10 Pearl Beach has an awesome record on the all weather, winning six races from about a dozen starts, near enough a 50 percent win strike rate then, and although she has been contesting handicaps she has won plenty of those, is very consistent and looks to be an improving type.

Last edited:
Back