What are you backing Today? Part 2

Hamilton

3.15 Ravenscraig Castle looked to have a promising future when third at York in the Melrose over 1M6F last year.

He has subsequently been a disappointment but I did make a note when watching him a couple starts ago that he wants dropping to 1M4F and this is his first try at this trip tomorrow.

He comes here after a respectable fourth the last day, and as he clearly is a stayer I am hoping to see him make use of it by making all tomorrow.

He has been beat a few times at short odds so I hope he might drift in price to 7/2 or 4/1 which would be perfectly acceptable. He can win this.

Last edited:
Oor Wullie has a few good chances today :-

Judy's Park
Charles St
Frisky

Look the best of them

3 doubles and a treble

Desperate Dan T should ride a winner tomorrow at Thirsk in the shape off Julia Augusta
A rusted social media friend oops I meant trusted:lol: says she's been catching pigeons and ready to go so get on early:D

Last edited:
Two Brighton bets

4.10-Ideal Guest @ 9-2
4.45-Pontius @ 3-1

1pt win on each plus 0.5pt each way double [3 places with Coral in the 4.10]

Hamilton

3.15 Ravenscraig Castle looked to have a promising future when third at York in the Melrose over 1M6F last year.

He has subsequently been a disappointment but I did make a note when watching him a couple starts ago that he wants dropping to 1M4F and this is his first try at this trip tomorrow.

He comes here after a respectable fourth the last day, and as he clearly is a stayer I am hoping to see him make use of it by making all tomorrow.

He has been beat a few times at short odds so I hope he might drift in price to 7/2 or 4/1 which would be perfectly acceptable. He can win this.

Well there you go. When I am about to be right the race gets abandoned. :)

Oor Wullie has a few good chances today :-

Judy's Park
Charles St
Frisky

Look the best of them

3 doubles and a treble

Desperate Dan T should ride a winner tomorrow at Thirsk in the shape off Julia Augusta
A rusted social media friend oops I meant trusted:lol: says she's been catching pigeons and ready to go so get on early:D

Seems word gets around the Racing Post were quoting 9/4 yesterday but no one got a siff of that.

Best price 5/4 taken as soon as it went up now 8/11 with Bet 365 but now evens elsewhere

As much as I would like to know the time of day with Nicky's Mistress Emma I'm totally in the dark
other than it was mentioned to me as one to look out for

Is today the day?.....wish I knew:(

Having a small bet only Mistress Emma

I really should have paid more attention but at 4/1 a nice few quid in the kitty...............very easy winner in the end....looks to have ab ig future when she goes hurdling.

You can't object to them being short when they win like that.:D

2 selections 2 winners...happy days

Last edited:
Considering going to Haydock tomorrow as I've backed a couple.'

Thunder Legend is turning into a bit of a cliff horse but he did run well last time at Chester when only Outgate got past him and Bullet Force has franked the form since in third.

Stable companion Hamaki is also backable in the last. He was third behind a very well backed Beckett horse who looks potential Group class in his handicap debut at Sandown over slightly shorter than tomorrow's trip and the second that day already possessed solid form (had beaten Oh Herberts Reign, a staple in these good handicaps, at Haydock the time before.) I actually thought he'd be in the 7/2 range for this but 6s+ is available and I'm struggling to see why. The Gosden who heads the market took three goes to win a maiden. The Godolphin second market choice did run Emily Upjohn close as a 2yo but has been messing about in Meydan since.

Considering going to Haydock tomorrow as I've backed a couple.'

Thunder Legend is turning into a bit of a cliff horse but he did run well last time at Chester when only Outgate got past him and Bullet Force has franked the form since in third.

Stable companion Hamaki is also backable in the last. He was third behind a very well backed Beckett horse who looks potential Group class in his handicap debut at Sandown over slightly shorter than tomorrow's trip and the second that day already possessed solid form (had beaten Oh Herberts Reign, a staple in these good handicaps, at Haydock the time before.) I actually thought he'd be in the 7/2 range for this but 6s+ is available and I'm struggling to see why. The Gosden who heads the market took three goes to win a maiden. The Godolphin second market choice did run Emily Upjohn close as a 2yo but has been messing about in Meydan since.
Good luck, Euro - not least because I've followed you in on both.

Back