What are you backing Today? Part 2

2.50 Newbury
Press Your Luck looks overpriced at 14/1 although a shame there’s now only 7 runners

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blimey! First day of the flat and I’m already having a bet. William Haggas is 3 wins from 4 in the last two weeks and seems to have his string well forward so his 7/2 favourite Montatham seems a reasonable bet with money back if 2nd or 3rd (sky).

I’ve been waiting patiently for Henderson to launch Jonbon and today’s the day 5:45 NWB. Trouble is he’s odds on which I suppose is no surprise given he cost £570k and is the talk of the town. Probably pass and watch.

Looks like Jonbon’s a good ‘un - only needs to win another £564,600 to break even on the cost now. I took 6/5 in the end.

Last edited:
Sarvan 3.05D ran a stormer at Wolves latest, considering the slow pace wouldn't have been in his favour. Trainer rates him an Ebor prospect and, off his current 87, this could prove the first step on that journey.
Taken 5/1 B365, and looks a solid bet.

Lingfield - Friday

Don't often do ante-post, but it's not every day we have AW championships. Ground is fairly predictable, and all look bona-fide runners.

Lampang 3.10 2nd to Good Effort over c/d, which is probably the best sprinter seen on the surface this term (recent 2nd in 100K dirt race where Frankie went off at 100mph)

Victory Heights 3.45 Showed he's come of age when nutting Mighty Gurkha in December. (an habitual front-runner which he should, again, have too much speed for). Looks to have been saved for this since.

Fox Duty Free 4.45 Won his last 3 on this track, latterly over this distance. Another which appears to have been put away for this.

I've bet them all ew,at ap prices and in various combo's, but are currently 8/1 with Hills

2.40 Haydock
Versatility probably needed the run last time on ground that would have been plenty soft enough for him and can do much better today on more suitable ground. 11/1 with SkyBet (5 places) looks very fair

3.15 Haydock
Neverbeentoparis 18/1 SkyBet (6 places). I see outsider put this one up on the longshot thread but I’ve gone for the extra place offer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2nd!

Lack of recent run caught him out as did not get into full momentum till the race was nearly over

Thought he would be ready to run, personally. Was forced into a pocket at a crucia stage & it wasn't Adam Kirby's best ride ever.

5.10 Nottingham-Mojandil

Each Way @ 10-1 [Bet 365] 5 places 1/4

Ran okay over this CD last season

Back