What are you backing Today? Part 2

I backed Al Kaheem @ 6s so have beaten the price but now for the hard part. I gave Lassaut a real chance so the fact that Demuro has jumped off must mean something. Not an ideal draw either though.

Ran well from a terrible draw, as did Onesto. They'll both be interesting over 12f and are more backable for the Arc than the winner today who was a tad flattered.

Last edited:
Ran well from a terrible draw, as did Onesto. They'll both be interesting over 12f and are more backable for the Arc than the winner today who was a tad flattered.

Demuro gave him basically the same ride as he did Lassaut in the 2,000 at Longchamp. Admittedly Al Kaheem had a bad draw and wouldn’t have beaten the winner anyway. Agree 12f would be interesting and similar on breeding to Sottsass being by Siyouni and out of a Galileo mare.

I dont know what to expect these days but CORINTHIAN KNIGHT 630P 4/1 looks to have every chance.
Been to Ponty 4 times.
Won off 97 a couple of years ago.
Last year he finished 3rd off 87 then won off 88 and 92.
Then has run entirely on the AW and looked to have regressed resulting in its mark greatly reducing.
Its last run was at windsor off 73 and was hampered at the start but ran on for 5th and got dropped to 71.
So back at Ponty off 71 he looks an outstanding bet but unfortunately it doesnt usually work like that.

I dont know what to expect these days but CORINTHIAN KNIGHT 630P 4/1 looks to have every chance.
Been to Ponty 4 times.
Then has run entirely on the AW and looked to have regressed resulting in its mark greatly reducing.
Its last run was at windsor off 73 and was hampered at the start but ran on for 5th and got dropped to 71.
So back at Ponty off 71 he looks an outstanding bet but unfortunately it doesnt usually work like that.

Been to Ponty 4 times.

Hard work but Hollie got the job done.

Been to Ponty 4 times.

Thank you, great call.

Fontwell 3.20 Wearapinkribbon 16/1 - looks a value bet imo. On a line through The Macon Lunatic and Apache Creek the selection is h'capped to dead heat with the fav. Ex Willie Mullins horse could be capable of surprising here?

Fontwell 3.20 Wearapinkribbon 16/1 - looks a value bet imo. On a line through The Macon Lunatic and Apache Creek the selection is h'capped to dead heat with the fav. Ex Willie Mullins horse could be capable of surprising here?

Well spotted, Swedish. Helen Nelmes has had one or two big priced winners over the years (the Whitmore's Conn runner at 50-1 springs to mind...and if memory serves me right she did similar with a Neltino some years back)....and this meets the 'ex-Mullins' angle we noted in the longshot thread a few weeks back.

Two of these are back from fencing (let's hope they need a run to get their hurdling eye back in!). Sammylou has got a fairly bullish comment from O'Brien (as in 'working well at home'). Thunderstruck is obviously a worry.

PS Hopefully you noticed Freddy R running in the 9pm Pontefract a couple of days ago. Ran well...well enough to suggest there's a race or two waiting...but unfortunately possibly too well!

Last edited:
Michael Dod seem to have found the perfectect opportunity for Azure Blue 5/2 at Hamilton

He is said to have improved over the winter so fingers crossed they got that right

Well spotted, Swedish. Helen Nelmes has had one or two big priced winners over the years (the Whitmore's Conn runner at 50-1 springs to mind...and if memory serves me right she did similar with a Neltino some years back)....and this meets the 'ex-Mullins' angle we noted in the longshot thread a few weeks back.

Two of these are back from fencing (let's hope they need a run to get their hurdling eye back in!). Sammylou has got a fairly bullish comment from O'Brien (as in 'working well at home'). Thunderstruck is obviously a worry.

PS Hopefully you noticed Freddy R running in the 9pm Pontefract a couple of days ago. Ran well...well enough to suggest there's a race or two waiting...but unfortunately possibly too well!

Thanks for the update on Freddy R. I missed it and would have been gutted had it won. Monday was my first day back at work after a holiday. Work was a big distraction that day.

Back