What are you backing Today? Part 2

Have had a small each-way go at The Real Whacker (outer of the party at 16’s) in The Dipper.

Trip is probably on the short-side for him, but I’m hoping his jumping and galloping can run the finish out of them.

Great shout

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mildly annoying for me but well done, reet.

I backed MR in the November race (12/1) and moaned on here about the ride it got on the day (unnecessarily far back and wide). Today still a touch wide but never far off the pace and stayed on well, which is what I'd backed it to do back then.

A great shout GH with the Whacker horse. You called it all the way.

I feel much the same about Marie’s Rock, desert, who I think is top class and has been laid out for this race. Mind you, I think the race is a bit of a minefield with several that could explode so I’m not going mad.

ps: the market’s moving at bit towards yours and away from mine, so I’ve not added as yet. Hope ILTM goes in if MR can’t. GL.

Well done, bj.

I can't believe ILTMI looked a non-stayer. He was stronger at the end of the Greatwood than at any point in the race.

Last edited:
Nice one BJ followed you in on that one

The slower ground today found out ILTMI more than the trip imo

Last edited:
Had a small interest in Midnight River (13/2) as I reckon the slightly stiffer test could eke enough improvement to take this.

Nice one rest

Il Ridoto didn’t get up the hill (not fluent at the last but I don’t think that made any difference)

Thx guys.

Master Chewy would have won a Class 2 at Ascot the time before last but for falling at the last with an exuberantly bold jump. Then, last time, in a Class 3 at Cheltenham he ran into a Henderson hot-pot (Attacca) beaten just over a length with the rest 5 lengths away. Tomorrow it’s a Class 4 at Plumpton, 1:00, and I think something special will need to jump out of the woodwork to topple him. Only evens atm, but that looks a steal.

Last edited:
Thx guys.

Master Chewy would have won a Class 2 at Ascot the time before last but for falling at the last with an exuberantly bold jump. Then, last time, in a Class 3 at Cheltenham he ran into a Henderson hot-pot (Attacca) beaten just over a length with the rest 5 lengths away. Tomorrow it’s a Class 4 at Plumpton, 1:00, and I think something special will need to jump out of the woodwork to topple him. Only evens atm, but that looks a steal.

8 lendths in front of everything bar the winner, but beaten fair and square.

C/D winner Jensen Benson returned from a 6 month break to cop the outside draw in a 14 rnr field and had a nightmare trip as a consequence.
Wide into the straight, he wasn't persevered with from that point.
Better draw, smaller field and step up in trip, all indicate a better performance today.
10/1 most books.

Last edited:
3.00 Ludlow
Didero Vallis runs here off 123, 4lb lower than when 3rd in the Kim Muir. His seasonal reappearance at Exeter facing what now looks a stiff task trying to give 11lb to the subsequent Lincolnshire National winner was a fair effort and he takes a significant drop in class after a disappointing run in the Becher. He can make amends today and 4/1 with BetVictor appeals

Just seen that Paul Kealy agrees - I started this post before seeing his article honest!

Last edited:
Fire Dancer (general 6/4) - Ludlow 14:00

Never really went on for the genius Guillaume Macaire in France, but beat Capadanno in his maiden juvenile hurdle, and was beaten favourite behind Galopin Des Champs in his second outing. Was placed twice in 4 runs over fences in France.

Has had two years off and a wind op. Returns today in novice handicap chase for Venetia/Ricci and runs off 114.

Last edited:
Egbert the 1:30 at Ludlow is highly thought of and is still learning according to reports. He has had two previous runs over hurdles and solid enough to make him the form horse here. He is opposed by an odds-on (“mouthwatering prospect” - Henderson) in Impose Toi who should win if anything approaching the hype. I think he’s worth opposing, though, since it’s his debut hurdle run and I doubt he’ll be given a hard time if push comes to shove. I’ve had a cover bet - money back 2nd - on Egbert who has two other options to run in on Saturday, but has been steered to this one.

Last edited:
No Kealy tipped Didero Vallis that I put up.

Kealy’s tips are on the Racing Post website

Suspect his tips are in the Members section, and I'd sooner slice my own nut-sack off with a cheese-grater, than pay actual money for access to that sh*it.

Back