What are you backing Today? Part 2

I'm only really interested in the Pitmans Derby today.

I was sweet on Trooper Bisdee before Royal Ascot but he was either not declared or didn't make the cut. So if I liked him for that, I must like him for this.

I wish I'd speculated before the royal meeting ante post for today though. It seemed a long way off, and would have been a risky proposition, but by not doing it then, I feel like I've missed the price, so 4s now on the day is short enough for the race I'm looking at on paper.

As mentioned on the longshor thread, I'll go with Rathgar each way instead. He's one of the potential big improvers in the race, has a bit of form with Kyle Of Lochalsh, and Channon Jr knows how to pull off a big handicap with an improver. He did this with Majestic.

I'm convinced Rathgar will put up a career best today, whatever happens.

Good luck all.

Be lucky.

I've bet in a stack of races today but reined in a bit after going a bit mental at Ascot.

I need to take a longer-term view about recouping the losses (not that they were disastrous). A really good day today would do it but I'll feel I've done well if I claw back a little.

NWC 1.35 - Almarada Prince & Batal Dubai
NWC 2.04 - Montassib & Popmaster
NWC 2.35 - Legendary Day & Green Team
NWC 3.10 - Grand Providence, Trooper Bisdee & Golden Flame
NWC 3.40 - United Approach & Grey's Monument
NWM 3.25 - Nostrum
CUR 2.55 - Bolster
CUR 3.30 - Emily Upjohn

I've bet in a stack of races today but reined in a bit after going a bit mental at Ascot.

I need to take a longer-term view about recouping the losses (not that they were disastrous). A really good day today would do it but I'll feel I've done well if I claw back a little.

NWC 1.35 - Almarada Prince & Batal Dubai
NWC 2.04 - Montassib & Popmaster
NWC 2.35 - Legendary Day & Green Team
NWC 3.10 - Grand Providence, Trooper Bisdee & Golden Flame
NWC 3.40 - United Approach & Grey's Monument
NWM 3.25 - Nostrum
CUR 2.55 - Bolster
CUR 3.30 - Emily Upjohn

A fraction better than break-even with a decent win bet on Montassib at 11/2 and an ew yankee with UA, EU and Nostrum, all second.

Fine margins.

UA ran a belter considering his antics beforehand. Next stop the vet, I reckon.
Nostrum tenderly handled in second, I thought.
Emily three clear and idled.

The win acc was about 660/1 and the rest of the yankee would probably have added up to about 580/1 for the wins.

Fine margins indeed.

I hopefully am in the wrong thread and should be in the Should be odds on thread.

I simply can't see any reason why Los Angeles. Should reverse places with Ambient Friendly.
I was surprised he managed 3rd at Epsom and put it down to something had to.

No sense in trying to make a profit elsewhere today when a gift is there for the taking

P.midgley sends 1 over the water in 2.50 currugh.very rare for this trainer to send 1 over to Ireland,last time he did horse won of the sprints at 40/1.trainner in good form,not sending it to make the numbers up.LETHAL NYMPH. 17/2.

I hopefully am in the wrong thread and should be in the Should be odds on thread.

I simply can't see any reason why Los Angeles. Should reverse places with Ambient Friendly.
I was surprised he managed 3rd at Epsom and put it down to something had to.

No sense in trying to make a profit elsewhere today when a gift is there for the taking
Sorry about this,Fist but I bet Matsuri,but I suspected this might happen.
Los Angeles is a big horse and ran at Epsom mainly as pace for the wonder horse, and the more galoping nature of the Currragh was awarys going to suit better.
Would have bet him myself,but was heavily into Matsuri,and would have settled for 1st 3 (4th :() so commiserate

There's nothing you can do that can't be done (love)
Nothing you can sing that can't be sung (love)
Nothing you can say, but you can learn how to play the game (love)
It's easy for Lennon in the first...get year balls on

Tough,Fist.
Try a few baht on Shagraam (7.15Winds.) well drawn front-runner,in a race with little pace,dropped in class and Tom Marquand in the plate.11/8 currently.
Another lemon. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
James Mchenry silk

James Mchenry 3.15H
8/1 B365

Back