What are you backing Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Haydock 3:30 Ganas - Tip - very good run expected - ignore season opener as saddle slipped 13/2

Haydock 4:40 - Tamareen 10/1 - trainer says, "is in good order ahead of the Betfred Goals Galore Handicap at Haydock. I thought he ran a good little race at Chester last time when things didn't go right for him. I think he'll run a nice race here too and he's my Sky Bet charity bet - £25 each-way."

York 4:50 Exceedance 2/1 - Trainer says, "After Kempton I just thought, wow - he's as good as I thought he was. It's going to be a question of minding him this year and not get carried away. I do think that he's the fastest horse I've trained. The handicapper says he's going up to between 92 and 95, quite a jump. In fantastic form and I just don't know where he'll go because on turf he wants fast ground. Kempton suits well but is only just starting to come now, strengthening."

8:55 Newbury - Saratoga Slew 5/1- Trainer says - "I was pleased with her first run for us at Lingfield because she had an outside draw. Progressive and could go to 80 so she should be fine off this mark. There is a race for her on May 26 at Newbury, a class five handicap over seven furlongs."

Last edited:
Wrote this last night to my friend via email, he found it quite amusing to say the least so I've copied it on here.

Don't miss Wise Venture in the Silver Bowl tomorrow mate.

You will not get a better priced horse with a really good squeak all season. Grab the 50's and enjoy the ride.

What draws me to this horse, is how something clearly went wrong after his two straight wins on Gd-Fm last season as a 2yo. Something, just something went wrong and therefore all the subsequent poor runs can be discounted (phew!).

He earned the comment "weakened two out" (or along those lines) four times in a row after that, too bad to be true for sure. It can only mean he went genuinely amiss, and we must take this entry as a sign in itself that this horse is half decent and back to himself.

This horse is the one the bookies don't want you to back, Alan Jarvis is just the man to pull this off.

haha

Last edited:
Thought that 50/1 about Confessional in the Temple Stakes today looks big for a horse with a good record over 5f at Haydock, has a lot to do at the weights but has won a good handicap over the CD and has yet to finish out of the first two in three starts over the CD, his CD win as a 3yo came on identical ground to today's (good to firm) whilst he's a win and a second from two starts under today's jockey Paul Mulrennan including last time out when he struggled for a run before winning well at Chester, there's excuses for his two previous runs this season in that his first run was over 6f (he doesn't truly stay 6 IMO) whilst the ground was too soft the time after at Newbury. Plenty to do at the weights as I've said but he could be one to make a step forward this season and as we've seen in the past (via the likes of Tangerine Trees and Masamah) there is very little between our handicap sprinters and our group sprinters and on a track he likes, course he likes and with a jockey he gets on well with up he can go well at a huge price IMO.

Martin

think Saamidd is worth taking on in the 2.40..this quick 7 doesn't look ideal to me..needs 8 would think at least at a track like this

Boomerang Bob can take this judged on his 2nd to caspar who will be a force himself at less than a mile

EC1,

I think Saamidd could route this 4 or 5 lengths such a beautiful horse.

Haydock 3:30 Ganas - Tip - very good run expected - ignore season opener as saddle slipped 13/2

Haydock 4:40 - Tamareen 10/1 - trainer says, "is in good order ahead of the Betfred Goals Galore Handicap at Haydock. I thought he ran a good little race at Chester last time when things didn't go right for him. I think he'll run a nice race here too and he's my Sky Bet charity bet - £25 each-way."

York 4:50 Exceedance 2/1 - Trainer says, "After Kempton I just thought, wow - he's as good as I thought he was. It's going to be a question of minding him this year and not get carried away. I do think that he's the fastest horse I've trained. The handicapper says he's going up to between 92 and 95, quite a jump. In fantastic form and I just don't know where he'll go because on turf he wants fast ground. Kempton suits well but is only just starting to come now, strengthening."

8:55 Newbury - Saratoga Slew 5/1- Trainer says - "I was pleased with her first run for us at Lingfield because she had an outside draw. Progressive and could go to 80 so she should be fine off this mark. There is a race for her on May 26 at Newbury, a class five handicap over seven furlongs."

Ganas - withdrawn

Tamareen wins 11/1 :D

Race 6 Arlington Park (Approx 9.45 UK Time) :

No1 SAINT BREES

about 5/1 may surprise I'm told - did a blinding 3f work out

best bet for me today is Kian's delight in the 4.05..eagle Rock form enough to win this..art history could find this too sharp and looks bad value

best bet for me today is Kian's delight in the 4.05..eagle Rock form enough to win this..art history could find this too sharp and looks bad value

Cheers EC1 i had to join you there as I put Eagle Rock up as an e/way L/T/O at York - well done

Posted this on another board - didn't have enough time to post here as well - but the finish looked a bit dodgy - which one did the owner want to win?

swedish chef
Group:ITK Member

Kelso 4:25 - races running late - owner of bottom two is apparenltly sponsoring the card I heard so had two small win singles and a small r/f/c both trained by Dianne Sayer - just gone off

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back