What are you backing Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
To be so selective on a day like this and make it pay is sublime in my book, Doomster. Well done, sir.

Cheers Marble.

A smaller bet for me is Heartsong in the 5.40, but I'm waiting later before staking, probably with a 50/50 split pre race and in running.

She is small, so it may simply be a case that her two wins in April were a case that she has not developed as much as other opponents.

However, the fact that she is the outsider of 6 runners and looks to finally have her ideal conditions since her last win, makes her worth a punt.

Raised 15lb for that win, she has now come down 7lb for a string of poor runs, but you could argue she wasn't suited to any of those runs.

Unless the race cuts up further, she's worth some in running cash, as it will be no surprise if she is slowly away.

Having topped up a bet yesterday on a jockey change, there seems to be a touch of deja vu involving the same jockey.

Mongan originally booked, so no problem.

Replaced by Catlin, according to betfair, which is a bonus for me.

Racing Post comment :

Frankie McDonald rides No.5 Heartsong in the 5.40.
By David Carr, live from Haydock (7 mins ago)

:confused::confused:

GL Roddy. I'll be doing those two in a patent with one I've found at Ayr in the 3:30 called Silver Rime.

The shape of the race in terms of the market leaders looks about right, the first three in the market look solid, yet if they are to be beaten it could be Silver Rime. With the 9 runners I make him the bet anyway.

Down to a career low mark and I like the fact he didn't dwell in the stalls or come slowly out last time, as for about the six runs prior to that he did. That's what it says on the RP anyway.

It might indicate the horse is getting its act together.

Last edited:
Heartsong did improve yesterday, beaten 1.5 lths and was backed late on from 22.0 into 14.0. Still worth persevering with, probably in a bigger field on softer ground, as she looks to lack any gears.

Backed New Lease Of Life in the 4.30 simply on sire stats for 3yo is 3 from 3 over 6f on soft. Orientor's small sample 3 yo's, currently have ratings of 83,72 and 68, which were achieved with cut, so anything near those marks should suffice in this.

Everything I back seems to be getting a poor/weak ride at the minute, its really frustrating.

GL with yours Doomster.

Last edited:
Ayr 2.00 if you draw a line through Princess in Exile then Megamunch seems 8 lengths better than Opt Out and good value at a little over a coin-flip.

Municipal is interesting and will probably be the best of these eventually but could be that he is primed for later on.

Only bet of the day for me is head space in the 2.30 at Ayr. Won very nicely last time and will go in the ground.

Unlucky Del.

Foxy Music got the rail ok, but failed at the distance. No complaints as I managed to trade out @ 2.2, but thought it was slightly strangeGibbons had his whip in right hand.

Namwahjobo in the next seems a big price. Not shown anything this year but has been running over 7f, discount first as a breather and second on wrong ground.
Has only run at this class once (won) as has been knocking about in class2,3,4
Back down to the rating he won over course and distance last year
Handles g/s
Still only 4
Others seem to have similar doubts in an open race.

Head space rhyming with head case should have been a sign. He jumped the line the last day when winning, and I didn't think he'd do it again....doh

I honestly don't know why he ran so poory the last twice, but HAWDYERWHEESHT in the next is down in grade again, this time to class six level, and it just looks a weak race to me and the type he could find his form in.

7.20 Ripon
Equity Card

The race she ran 3rd in is one i have my eye on...i think the first two there are very well handicapped and even though EC was beaten 5 she still beat the field by 2+ lengths. I think this horse is possibly 10lbs better than this mark on that run and will appreciate the stiffer test tonight

4.9 taken

one more go tonight..in the 7.40 those that have run twice are below this level and it will be disappointing if Divea can't take it..won't need to be much..i slightly fear Hummingbird so will save my stake + a bit just in case on that one

well i can't pick me nose..better go back to laying only for a bit...don't know if its the weather or i am just sh1te..probably a bit of both

Not had time to look at the opposition on an awful day, but Flying Power looks big to me @ 19.5, in the 3.15, even if trading it down in running.

Juice in the ground on a couple of runs may have hindered.

Another loser, that run well and turned a profit., even though I took the worst price, as it went to 27.0 sp.
Pace pressure off fav didn't help, but at least Aspell was positive on the horse, allowing some trade off's.

1.55 £1,122
1.56 £166
1.57 £105
1.58 £25
1.59 £643
1.60 £672
1.61 £230
1.63 £22
1.65 £3
1.66 £14
1.68 £579
1.69 £239
1.70 £80
1.71 £48
1.72 £5
1.73 £3

Last edited:
5.55 Roscommon

Lay of Tepalo at 2.44

no evidence that slow ground will aid this one either on the sire side or damsire side..racecourse evidence shows all form on decent surface.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back