What are you backing Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fallon possibly fortunate the filly was a battler, as he was unusually too cocky inside the distance and never realised that the fav was stalking her on the bridle.

She's probably value for more than the bare win.

If only I'd known about the market support for Jarrow!

Well I did know but only a few minutes before the race so couldn't give him a mention on here, nevermind.

What is the chances Haydock will be on/off tomorrow btw?

Last edited:
Fallon possibly fortunate the filly was a battler, as he was unusually too cocky inside the distance and never realised that the fav was stalking her on the bridle.

She's probably value for more than the bare win.

Not sure we were watching the same race, if indeed we are talking about the last at Sandown.

The plot thickens:

Message on the RP update;

Jimmy Fortune rides Ginger Jack in the 4.35
Kieren Fallon rides Rosarlie in the 5.05

Following message:

Rosairlie (12) will be ridden by PJ McDonald after all.
By Graham Dench, live from Sandown (3 hours ago)
Fortune did replace McDonald in the 4.35 and I'm told Fallon was on Rosarlie, but now we are all baffled.

I can count myself lucky if Fallon did not ride, as I really thought the combination of late ground change, non runners, trainer profile, price and jockey booking, looked a decent bet.

Would have backed regardless, but to smaller stakes.

PJ McDonald was very late getting to the track.
I think they taught he was'nt going to make it.

Haydock races. Brillliant news, looks like the South has got the rain that was thought to be hitting the North. Some cracking action going on in the big handicaps and group races today although the Eclipse is the one race I won't be having a bet on, or I havn't decided on yet.

A highly interesting dual going on between a horse I've been following called Arsaadi and Starscope. Havn't seen the prices yet but I may have to row in with Arsaadi even though I backed Starscope last time at Ascot and rate that filly too. I'd price them up much more evenly here, evens and 6's not right to me but you can understand why with Starscope's group one form.

In the Coral Charge I like Humidor to run well from a decent draw on its previous form at a good price. I like Elusivity, or did like Elusivity ,but I'm happy to leave it alone as I just can't be sure. I'm more sure of Humidor at a nice er/w price tbh.

Dreamspeed the e/w bet in the Old Newton Cup for me.

Best of luck today, peeps.

Last edited:
I'm concentrating on two of the moderate races today.

Dilemma for me was whether take the early odds, or put in in running requests @ double figures, as both horses look certain to be last over these two 5f races.

I've had a fair lump Captain Scooby in the 3.35, where he looks to have perfect conditions here, with my only real reservation being the jockey. His strike rate is poor and he really will have to be brave inside the distance and decide whether to come wide or take the far rail.

I initially thought he ran badly last time, finishing 3rd @ 9/4 fav, but the winner has won again off 7lb higher, next time out @ 50/1 and the 2nd won next race @ 5/1, off same mark. CS comes here 1lb higher but the stiffer finish should really help and he looks one of the few hold ups in the field.

Averaged 7/1 with the n/r's and decided to play this one early, simply in case the race cuts up further.

A smaller bet for me is Heartsong in the 5.40, but I'm waiting later before staking, probably with a 50/50 split pre race and in running.

She is small, so it may simply be a case that her two wins in April were a case that she has not developed as much as other opponents.

However, the fact that she is the outsider of 6 runners and looks to finally have her ideal conditions since her last win, makes her worth a punt.

Raised 15lb for that win, she has now come down 7lb for a string of poor runs, but you could argue she wasn't suited to any of those runs.

Unless the race cuts up further, she's worth some in running cash, as it will be no surprise if she is slowly away.

Jo Hughes strikes again, she's had a few winners lately.

I'm kicking myself a bit but its best to do that at the start of proceedings anyway.

Last edited:
cracking start ..think i got last there

You were just too greedy with the in running lay mate. Layed the field @ 1.51 and managed to get two beat, but I'm still not sure whether the winner went that short, even after the photo.

No complaints either way.

Directorship in the next at Sandown. The fact the handicapper hasn't raised the horse for finishing 6th behind Eton Forever gives him a chance in itself.

Directorship in the next at Sandown. The fact the handicapper hasn't raised the horse for finishing 6th behind Eton Forever gives him a chance in itself.

I'm on this e/way as well Marble - been told connections will be very disappointed if not placed.

Unlucky Chef.

Need Arsaadi to get me off the mark today now.

It'll be beans and cheap white economy bread tonight for me if not.:)

Last edited:
Just want to ask where do you guys think you want to be drawn in the real betting race on Saturday, The Old Newton Cup at Haydock?

Dreamspeed has a high draw. Balding is a deadly trainer on his day and fired in more winners than I've had hot breakfasts lately.

Ran really well Marble - hope you were on e/way

If Gigilo can have "Whoosh", I think I will have:

"Scooby, Dooby, Doo !" :D

Downside was there was plenty available in running @ the 13.0 mark, but I decided to play the place market 2.8.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back