What are you backing Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice winners chef WD.;)
Hard to get in the formbook at the moment ec,waste of time on the ground i've been unwell for the lsst week so just scraping around on some trades havn't done any proper form for 2 weeks.Waiting for the better ground,doing my head in looking at something you spend hours on just for the going to change or meetung abandoned.So having a few days off to recuperate,throw the odd trade up.

Well done SC.

Gigs, I prefer these going changes, especially the late ones. Tend to get some decent prices.

It's the group races I need to avoid.

Having said that, this is the 1st time I've missed this Chester Friday/ Saturday meeting in 15 years. Got drenched at last years meeting and they got the downpour yet again.

Crowd figures are on the up, but I'm sure there will be a long term knockback to attendances.

Maybe the flat and turf seasons should flip flop, with the King George in March.

Last edited:
Iv'e got stuck into Stevie Thunder in the Bunbury Cup at 18.0.

Horse gets better with age and the drop in trip will hopefully be negated by the desperate ground.

Has form on soft, so at the price worth the risk, in a race that may cut up further after the early races.

Covered bet with Gigilo's pick pick Bonnie Brae, who has a solid chance on the ground.

No good to me fella i'm two days ahead on the form,these abandonments are costing me fortunes put up dutch rose at 7/4 at warwick in the week,shouldv'e been 1/3 and won an even better race yesterday.Rigoletto backed at 16s into 9s another abandoned.Backing in these conditions just pure luck draw where the best ground is etc,no chance of picking winners consistently.Then you've got meetings drying out so quickly if you've done any bets in advance you've done your money,draw advantages aren't what they were anymore either so you can't even rely on them.

2.25 york

never can tell 36.0

his 4 lenghts defeat to colour vision giving him 1 1/2 stone doesnt look to bad now, does it?
priced purely on its last run, i reckon its a 9/2 chance

Don't forget that Nick Mordin thinks that AREA FIFTY ONE is better than a handicapper!:o

"AREA FIFTY ONE (38) clocked a Group class time to win a good ten furlong handicap at Newmarket. He jumped well and led briefly then took a slight bump when habitual front runner Classic Punch ran across him and took the lead. He raced in second thereafter till taking the lead over a quarter of a mile from the finish. Then he really started to clear away when meeting the rising ground in the final furlong.

Area Fifty One has obviously improved for being gelded and must have a serious chance in the John Smith's Cup as long as he gets the fast ground his connections say he needs. My only concern is that he has rather an odd, paddling stride pattern in which his front legs splay out slightly from each other. This makes him rather one paced. Then again the early pace is usually so strong in the big York race that this may not matter."

Last edited:
3.10 newbury
morache music 28.0

following the ascot race this horse was in, looked a decent race

Super Sprint - fun e/way on Taltisu - trainer reckons he's 6L better than his other two on homework - so hopefully first time visor works the oracle.

Don't forget that Nick Mordin thinks that AREA FIFTY ONE is better than a handicapper!:o

"AREA FIFTY ONE (38) clocked a Group class time to win a good ten furlong handicap at Newmarket. He jumped well and led briefly then took a slight bump when habitual front runner Classic Punch ran across him and took the lead. He raced in second thereafter till taking the lead over a quarter of a mile from the finish. Then he really started to clear away when meeting the rising ground in the final furlong.

Area Fifty One has obviously improved for being gelded and must have a serious chance in the John Smith's Cup as long as he gets the fast ground his connections say he needs. My only concern is that he has rather an odd, paddling stride pattern in which his front legs splay out slightly from each other. This makes him rather one paced. Then again the early pace is usually so strong in the big York race that this may not matter."

This is a classic example of Nick saying a horse is Group Class because the way he calculates speed figures inflates horses above what he believes they are.

I've got this horse and Navajo Chief on my list of horses to follow because of the previous race at york..when they meet their right conditions again..NJ less than 10f and Area Code on faster ground i'll be backing both.

Going back to the speed figure AFO produced at Newmarket..on traditional weight adjusted figures he ran a 102..a very decent figure ..10 lbs better than his OHR... a 102 is nowhere near a Group class horse...its still got a bit to find just for listed class

He hasn't given any other figures from that day but most races weren't truly run..Libranno for one ..was a stone slow due to the steady early pace

i wish he would cut this Group class nonsense out ...how on earth is a 102 horse Group class?

Injury to Brendan Powell Jnr, followed by wait for spare ambulance, followed by ambulance flat battery and getting stuck in the mud.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back