What are you backing Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ayr 4:35 - A bit of fun with the 3 Linda Perret runners in 3 singles and a comb f/c - the change in going should show them all in a better light I hope.

Royal Straight 5pt win
Retreat Content 3pt win
Schmooze. 2pt win
1pt combo f/c

Retirement beckons....well done Chef

Thanks all - was celebrating but bought back to earth by my daughters saying, "Dad can we have dinner now." Stir fry chicken & veg noodles, it's never tasted so good.

I've backed Amethyst Dawn at 21.0 in the 8.10 at windsor.

This horse is well in by some way on form from last year ..won off 84..now off 68..and will act on the going..last 2 runs have been better and interesting that Buick has been booked as i think i'm right in saying its his first ride for the stable

everything looks in place for a big run..famous last words

whopping Chef:cool::cool:..nice to see someone winning..this is a tough spell i feel

Back to normal with the heavy going at Windsor :D still not one to give up so

6:40 Swift Winged - just because she's sired by Motivator, has a low weight and Hughie Morrison trains her - small win bet

Put a 1pt win yankee on and calling it a day.

Wolves
8:00 Honest Deal
8:30 Fly Solo

Windsor
7:40 Ashaadd
8:10 Bunraku

I've backed Amethyst Dawn at 21.0 in the 8.10 at windsor.

This horse is well in by some way on form from last year ..won off 84..now off 68..and will act on the going..last 2 runs have been better and interesting that Buick has been booked as i think i'm right in saying its his first ride for the stable

everything looks in place for a big run..famous last words

I've had a go but got 22.0 :p will probably go 40.0 :lol:

still about 22.0

i find it also interesting that her wins come on flats tracks at 8f and stiff tracks at 7f..which makes sense..so running her last time over a flat 7 was always going to struggle..in fact if you look back has only run on the flat track 7 once on turf ..and next time won over 8f

Good luck Marble - it looks a tough card just to get a winner -
Cue Swedish Chef getting a forecast at Ayr! Well done sir!

An e/w double for me today in two races at Ffos Las.

In both races Richard Hughes rides two strong fav's but I think there's value, e/w at least, in the races elsewhere.

2:45 Spinning Waters is obviously the riskier of the two horses I've gone for not to make the places as there is a question mark on it going on the ground. However, I feel the drop in trip to 12F can mediate this today. He hasn't run that many times on soft or heavy, but when he has, as he did last time, they've all been at 2 miles, (he tryed to make all last time before fading 4F out), so I the 12F might make it easier for him to run a good race on it. He is hard to catch right, puts in the odd poor run, but a strike rate of 5 wins from 42 starts ain't the worst in the world. He's E/W value today at around the 25/1 mark even if the favourite is bombproof.

3:45 Spring Secret has been off the track for a bit, having just the one run so far this season when not totally disgraced at Chepstow in May. The horse does have some heavy ground form from the backend of 2010: And it wasn't just any old form. Spring Secret smashed his rivals on heavy going at Nottingham by 6 lengths. That is by far the best form of its career and if in anything like that type of form he is no 5/1 chance here. Again, at present with the 8 runners he looks a sound horse to have in an E/W double. I think he can win so even with 7 runners I'd still have him.

Last edited:
Stylistickhill in the 3.30 Bev, is a bit of a guess, but looks open to improvement and not a bad run on debut this season.

16/1 looks a decent price to me.

Stylistickhill in the 3.30 Bev, is a bit of a guess, but looks open to improvement and not a bad run on debut this season.

16/1 looks a decent price to me.

Just looked at this selection and I like it: Chance. Will do a patent and e/w treble.

Good Luck, Doomster.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back