What are you backing Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chaumi - nice placer:cool:

I'm not keen on backing short ones especially in nurseries but i think Daaree should be odds on in the 7.30 Wolverhampton race.

Bix beat Julundar who is a 72 horse nicely after finishing 3rd to Daaree..which makes daaree something like a mid 70's+ horse..so is well in here.

Will act on the surface..sire does well on AW..4/19 at Wolves

and..Bin Suroors record in 2yo handicaps on the sand beyond 7f reads 6 wins from 8 runs.

I've taken 2.26..can see this going odds on...no lay back on this one as its so short too start with..hope i don't regret that;)

Last edited:
Let's go for a speculative long shot in the 5.20 Brighton - Lady On Top. Might have had some training problems with only 2 runs since last Sept. May have needed last run in late Sept (first since May), draw 14 could turn out to be OK. Worth £2 if she goes off over 120-140.

Can't find anything on Nerys Dutfield's web page but she did have a few useful 2YO fillies at one time. Maybe this one has more to display.

I'm laying Kay Gee Bee at 2.24 in the claimer at 6.00 Wolves. I've got enough running for me in the race to do it with confidence.

I thought Main Beach was claimed on account of two unfortunate runs at Wolver last season.

Returns for the first time with a trip issue to contend with, but at 14.0 on the ex's, worth a punt with an in running lay back if he fades on the home straight.

Think there may be something to take on Daaree in the 7.30 at the difference in prices.

Grey Blue stable quote - ''He is still a bit weak, so it´s great for him to win as a 2yo as he´s going to make up into a nice middle-distance 3yo'' - Verglas runners don't look to have an exceptional record on AW, so coupled with that quote we can take a chance (and hope) he's one for further on grass next year.

Royal Prize difficult to weigh up but gut feeling slightly outclassed.

Astrosapphire probably a longer distance winner next year.

Don't think the others will be as good as Daaree or the remaining Global City. Botti reportedly thinks this could go well tonight and might be well weighted.

At the difference in pricing that's the one for me.

Interesting race and Daaree could turn out to be decent, same as one or two of the others.

I have a fairly strong opinion on the 730 at Wolves.I thought Daaree looked green and awkward at Chester-I always want to be against horses like that.Have managed to lay and place lay at 2.3 and 1.32.If he goes odds on I will step in again but I will also try to back it at 6.6 in running to guarantee a profit.

I also thought that Zain Spirit was tremendously game last time out.The 18 on Betfair is very big-maybe for a reason but I will be throwing a few quid on him.

Chaumi - nice placer:cool:

I'm not keen on backing short ones especially in nurseries but i think Daaree should be odds on in the 7.30 Wolverhampton race.

Bix beat Julundar who is a 72 horse nicely after finishing 3rd to Daaree..which makes daaree something like a mid 70's+ horse..so is well in here.

Will act on the surface..sire does well on AW..4/19 at Wolves

and..Bin Suroors record in 2yo handicaps on the sand beyond 7f reads 6 wins from 8 runs.

I've taken 2.26..can see this going odds on...no lay back on this one as its so short too start with..hope i don't regret that;)

Followed you in heavily.

Well done EC. Had a few bob on it myself. Psychologically I like backing short priced horses, not quite sure why (other than the obvious, i.e. the greater chance of winning).

At close to 1000 Linton Hill first at Ludlow would be springing a big surprise. Racing post reporter says this is a modest bunch in the parade. Not totally impossible.

Nott 3.00 Scentpastparadise

Another case of a price I wouldn't want to lay (Currently 24.0). I thought the stans side would be the place to be but low numbers have the edge.

If Lee can a decent break, he could make this a decent test, from a horse that has run consistently well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back