What are you backing Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks Relkeel...still has the 1 beside his name on some racecards.

No inside info or anything Benny, I just read something from PCH recently that said he really liked him and was one of their nicest 2yo, he was expecting him to go close first time out. He drifted on the day in a good Doncaster maiden and didn't run as badly as the form suggests. Buick on top today and I'd expect him to go very close.

Could anyone interested in getting involved in the proposed placepot club send me an email entitled "placepots" to gearoidn@gmail. We're probably looking for people to put in a one off investment of between £20/€25 and £100/€125. We have until November to get this off the ground and I'm trying to think of a way I can guarantee people their money is safe.

My last message got deleated by mistake.
I would be interested in this.terry rogers and hacketts dont put bets in pools.

I would have expected Morning Royalty to be odds on in the 4.50 at Hexham, so the 13/8 currently available seems generous.

Ran no sort of race Grey - interesting that Willie Mullins got rid though, aren't too many that improve for leaving Closutton and she didn't look overly big to me today.

Martin

My last message got deleated by mistake.
I would be interested in this.terry rogers and hacketts dont put bets in pools.

Is that just the shops? None near me. Maybe I won't be the one putting the cash down.

have laid cocktail hour in the 7.00 at 1.73..bred to need a stiffer test than this and has disappointed at 7f last 2 runs

Well done. If Declaration Of War is sub 7/4 in the next he's a lay.

certainly turned out quickly..will have to win well to justify champion stakes entry...think it will win Slim tbn..odds against is value imo

That was worth two wins!! Along Came Casey's handicap marked destroyed as well. Unlucky Pricewise - you came very very close.

certainly turned out quickly..will have to win well to justify champion stakes entry...think it will win Slim tbn..odds against is value imo

Good shout. I fell over in the office this morning when I saw it was put in at 11/4 against horses like Brendan Bracken, who's rating was outrageously high. He was the best backed horse today by a long way. 11/10 was not for me.

I was listening to Timeform radio earlier when a certain RoryDelargy mentioned he thought this horses price was too big - i couldn't resist :D

Horse Racing > Hex 5th Oct : 3m Nov Hrd
Selection Odds Stake(£) Bid type Placed Profit/loss(£)
About Thyne 180.00 2.00 Back 05-Oct-12 15:35 358.00

Go Rory :adore:

Ran no sort of race Grey - interesting that Willie Mullins got rid though, aren't too many that improve for leaving Closutton and she didn't look overly big to me today.

Martin

Agreed, Martin, I got a bit of a shock how small he was when I saw them line up.

As for leaving WPM, there are very few that do, and even fewer that improve for it. I just thought that on this occasion a small owner in a poor economic climate was selling on a promising horse.

And leaving WPM is not as big a negative as leaving DKW. Those ones all get a visit from the Bulgarian umbrella man before being loaded in the truck.

Not often you get 12's about a LTO Group 1 winner down in grade but that's what you can get about Chinchon in the 13:00 Longchamp with Paddy Power. He's very well travelled and is taking on Cirrus Des Aigles (both carry G1 penalties) but it's raining over in Paris and he won the Singapore Cup LTO easily enough on soft ground. He goes well fresh so there's no real concerns regarding the absence though would prefer to have someone other than Anthony Crastus on top who looks a little ropey having made a very promising start to his career.

Martin

Spot on Dave - Forces Of Darkness in the next is one of those horses that the market hates. She was 66's for the Diane having finished third in the major trial for the race, she finished fourth in that whilst stepped up to this trip at Deauville LTO she won a G3 over the trip beating two of todays rivals (La Conquerante and Preferential) who are both shorter than her in the market. I see no reason why that should be the case and given she's already beaten Dalkala in the Diane and Shirocco Star's turning into a professional loser she represents the best value in the race at around 15/2 on Betfair.

Martin

Expect Yes Way Hosay to win this Maiden Hurdle at Gowran but back on decent ground I can see Blossom Gate going well at 20/1+. Won easily in a bumper on this ground at Galway in Summer 2011 and though essentially disappointing over hurdles she's been racing mainly on softer ground than today and could surprise a few of these.

taking on Race And Status in this next at Newmarket. Only raced the once, won on good/firm and ground completely different today. Plenty of half decent horses in this so looking to see him struggle at 2.12 a place.

Last edited:
Expect Yes Way Hosay to win this Maiden Hurdle at Gowran but back on decent ground I can see Blossom Gate going well at 20/1+. Won easily in a bumper on this ground at Galway in Summer 2011 and though essentially disappointing over hurdles she's been racing mainly on softer ground than today and could surprise a few of these.

Robbed you were Stamp..Ruby did you on the line:(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back