What are you backing Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
melodic rendezvous in the 15.40 for me good form in Irish heavy ground Grp 1 bumper both winner and third have franked the form astute trainer gave a good write up for thisd horse in stable tour he may be better over 20f but hopefully the ground will negate that

good call

Will be backing Handazan in the first at Cheltenham tomorrow.Has been gelded since his last race and strongly fancy him to beat Ruby on a 1/3 shot.Win only-no messing around with ew bets.

I want to take on Our Father at Cheltenham. Highland lodge ran in a much better race last time and Our Father has to back up his win leo and no Murphy is a negative.

Will be doubling up with Coneygree who I think is a certainty.

Fiendish flame is better than the 7/1 suggests in 1.35 donny.expect it to try and get a lead in this ground could be hard to reel in.if that obliges I'll be topping up on walkon

Last edited:
Walkon should take the beating in the next shouldn't he.

Have a fancy for King Fontaine over at Donny in the 3:20 who ran an unbelieveable race in the Scottish National when third behind Merigo. Takes a leap of faith to forget the last run but it was his first of the season, he'll like the ground and the trip won't be a problem thats for sure. I think he's worth an e/w bet. They couldn't get him much better handicapped now if they tryed! We'll see.

Last edited:
Time and time again Nicholls shows why he is the champion trainer.

I'm tempted to slate the handicapper but as a punter I can't complain.

Rock on Ruby is overpriced. Conditions look fine, not sure the ground will suit Grandouet, particularly first time out and Zarkandar looks to lack a bit of pace.

Clashnabrook 2.55 Navan On a very winnable mark compared to his hurdles rating ( useful hurdler). Hopefully get on at decent price this morning- with 4 places on offer e/w:)

Best of luck with that one Pricewise, I might even follow you in yet!:)

As you've mentioned Navan I thought I'd have a look, and I like one in the 2:25.

Madame Mado strikes me as one horse that still could be ahead of the handicapper. Relatively lightly raced for an 8 year old, but when the horse does win it has always scored by a good few lengths which makes me think its ahead of its mark.

4/18 not a bad strike rate. They've probably cottoned on the horse is not graded class and back in handicap company must have a very decent e/w sqeak me thinks.

Last edited:
Hereford 3:10 Derwen Pryde - Dropping down in class and possibly a mare coming into form - may prove the value bet of the race at 14/1

Marble Walk (2.35 Plumpton) @ about 4-1

Didn't run at all badly in a really competitve race on seasonal debut, takes a significant drop in class today and has threatened to be suited by a thorough stamina test.

Incentivise (2.45 Ffos) is 6lb worse in with Kaybeew for the 5l he beat him lto, but the latter is a slowboat who's never had the pace to win in this class.
The selection has 4 previous wins at this level, went away from Kaybeew lto, and 7/2 is too big for him to repeat the dose today.

Thought we had it there relkeel, that's two that I've thought were coming in approaching the last only to not stay. Oh well, back to the drawing board

Handheld is having it's first run for the Fielden stable in the 5.25 and it's starting to show a stinky drift in the betting in the last hour, now as big as 12/1.

However, my perverse logic is asking me why they didn't go for the Amateurs race earlier over an extra 1f, if it was a case of having a sighter and going with an Amateur jockey anyway.

It's possible he will be better at Southwell ( won on fibre in France), but that option would have to go on hold and if there is no "dwelt" at the start, I see no reason why he cannot see out this trip.

Obviously had a long term problem ( or infertile) having an 18 month break, so the poor early season runs off 80-72 can be excused.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back